Cole Beasley, yay or nay

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Tolbert ain't ready, maybe Rush hurt him a bit Saturday, or maybe we are expecting too much, too fast. Either way, I have more confidence in Houston up to this point but that's not saying much about our readiness for game one. I would feel a lot better about this room with an additional vet and I'm sure Cole or any vet wants some assurance of being on the roster/team for more than a few games. Get it done Stephen, if not Cole, then Fuller ......

Measly Beasley....NOPE! Fragile Fuller.....NOPE!

Should have simply kept the 3 time Cowboy Pro Bowler WR they had under a cheap contract that saved their season in 2018, was the best player they had 2020, and their leading WR in both playoff games scoring TDs in those games.

Jerry Dumbo GM Jones and the Arlington Jonesboys are delivering below average and mediocrity again.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
what bridges did he burn? I don’t remember. I would take him honestly.
he berated the cowboys constantly via twitter beefs with cowboys fans upon leaving. he announced Buffalo had better facilities than Dallas, which is hilarious and untrue.
especially hilarious as he grew up 10 minutes from the The Star and lived 5 minutes away as an adult.
he was constantly posting nonsense until he finally deleted twitter.
buffalo finally tired of his noise and released him.
asked if he would come back to the cowboys he said yes but only to play with Dak as his QB.
this is a dude with no job still throwing shade.
he's not getting any calls from this front office anytime soon.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No on Beasley He's 33 years old we should have kept Cedric Wilson.

Plus he threw a better ball than DAk
I was surprised we didn't keep Wilson. He easily proved capable with his increased opportunity last year. He got a pretty nice contract with Miami, but doesn't seem too high for the Cowboys to have been competitive.

Toro9

Reaction score
I think he burned some bridges here. I'd rather have TY Hilton or Will Fuller

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tolbert ain't ready, maybe Rush hurt him a bit Saturday, or maybe we are expecting too much, too fast. Either way, I have more confidence in Houston up to this point but that's not saying much about our readiness for game one. I would feel a lot better about this room with an additional vet and I'm sure Cole or any vet wants some assurance of being on the roster/team for more than a few games. Get it done Stephen, if not Cole, then Fuller ......

Shanaynay

quickccc

Reaction score
Cowboys want their receivers to be versatile enough to be able to play both outside and inside out. .
Beasley is strictly a slot guy, he doesn't possess the size and length they'd prefer, and he's that much more older and he's strictly a safe, fair catch guy as a punt returner.

And if they can get adequate QB play work in, they can better evaluate the new guys (tolbert, houston, Simi) to see their work at both outside/inside roles
that they want to keep on the 53 roster.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I was surprised we didn't keep Wilson. He easily proved capable with his increased opportunity last year. He got a pretty nice contract with Miami, but doesn't seem too high for the Cowboys to have been competitive.
Agreed that guy was one of my favorite players on the team and of course they let him go

Hadenough

Reaction score
Why doesn't Dallas bring in a couple big thumper RBs and use Zeke and Pollard like Kamara. Let them run routes

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Hmmm....maybe not as ''ridiculous'' as you think. Pretty sure I have read/heard MM and Jerry singling out Houston.

BTW........guess you missed where I said perhaps we are expecting too much.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/dak-refusing-to-be-worried-about-wr-corps
"A lot of young guys have stepped up. Just to say one would be cheating the other," Dak said. "But obviously Dennis Houston and Tolbert, just to start off on who have been in there and taken more reps. You're asking 'hey, give us an X, give us a Z,' just coming in, just trying to play whatever position and be available to the offense. That's how you get on the field, doing as many things as you can and doing it at a high level. That's what these young guys are doing right now."

You gotta watch out.

No maybes, perhaps or changing your mind.

CZ only deals in absolutes.

GMO415

Reaction score
thumbs-down-you.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not only capable, but when he was lined up, defenses didn't know what to expect.

Tussinman

Reaction score
what bridges did he burn? I don’t remember. I would take him honestly.
Trashed the team on his way out. He also the whole 2nd half of the 2018 season (when the team was making a playoff push) spend all of his free time on social media bragging about how he's the best #3 in the league, he's looking for top dollar cash, and will be going to the highest bidder which was tacky (your teams trying to make a playoff run stop ranting about leaving )