Cole Beasley

conner01

Reaction score
I'll probably be one of the few to agree with you, but I too think he will be hard to replace. Austin is not the answer. He and Lee were formed from the same glass mold. . .
Cole is good at what he does
He moves the chains
I suspect we use cooper some in the slot to help with that

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Yes, his games of 13, 8, 16, 5, 9, 18, 28 and 15 were so irreplaceable.

He had two games where he made a big impact.
Giants week 17. Best game of his year.

And vs the jags he had 100/2 tds. But we blew them out 40-7.

That’s 30% of his production yardage wise and all of his scoring in two games.

People are acting more upset that we lost him than they did when we lost dez. They don’t even compare.
This has to be the dumbest post in the history of this board......hands down. Unbelievable.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I would have tried retain him, think he's very important to our team. It's not about absolute numbers, it's about when those numbers occur.

Absolutely correct. Those critical 3rd and longs, man, Beasley just always seemed to get separation. Whether the ball got to him or not is another matter, but he just couldn't be covered on many of those critical downs.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I have nothing against Beasley but I do think it was time to move on.
I never have and still don't trust Austin...at all.
But I think a full year of Cooper, a post-rookie year for Gallup, a healthier Hurns, and a later round slot WR will make the whole group better than last year.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Dallas will miss this chain mover.........unless Kellen has someone else in mind. Don't trust Austin's health. I hope this doesn't put more on Elliots plate.

The Beez miss any games?

Apologise for beating a dead horse.......I can't seem to get past this loss.

Dude was money.
Cole was just a guy. He was a chain mover only in the sense that he would catch the ball when he had more talented receivers around him were getting attention. That was made obvious once he was supposed to be our primary receiving threat before we got Coop.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Beasley's loss will be felt more because the Cowboys think Hurns and Austin can replace him than because he's Wes Welker 2.0.

Austin has been a tease his entire career and Hurns wasn't quick before his leg got destroyed, much less will he be after.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
They didn't even use Beasley right.. he'll probably do very well in another team. He's not a fast dude but with his shifty moves and quickness the short to middle routes will be there all day.

Our coaching staff just doesn't have diversity to utilize him to his full potential. I hope he does well.

nobody

Reaction score
Beasley helped the team when he was here, but left to get paid. Can't fault him for that. At least he didn't immediately call division rivals and take less money for playing for them than other teams were offering.

I wish him success in Buffalo unless they are playing the Cowboys.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
He needs to be replaced but I am at least looking forward to a slot guy who has long speed. Andy Isabella is the prototype he might not be as quick in short area, but has tons of speed whereas Bease had pretty much nothing after medium yards.

Seven

Reaction score
Cole was just a guy. He was a chain mover only in the sense that he would catch the ball when he had more talented receivers around him were getting attention. That was made obvious once he was supposed to be our primary receiving threat before we got Coop.
Link?

Seven

Reaction score
He needs to be replaced but I am at least looking forward to a slot guy who has long speed. Andy Isabella is the prototype he might not be as quick in short area, but has tons of speed whereas Bease had pretty much nothing after medium yards.
U just described a slot receiver who's not a slot receiver........ ain't supposed to have blazing open field speed...... critical, clutch last read who keeps the offense on the field.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dallas will miss this chain mover.........unless Kellen has someone else in mind. Don't trust Austin's health. I hope this doesn't put more on Elliots plate.

The Beez miss any games?

Apologise for beating a dead horse.......I can't seem to get past this loss.

Dude was money.
Agree. IMO, it was a bad move by Dallas. They should of paid Beas what he wanted to keep him, just like they're going to do with other players. The man had super glue on his gloves.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'll probably be one of the few to agree with you, but I too think he will be hard to replace. Austin is not the answer. He and Lee were formed from the same glass mold. . .

Before coming to the Cowboys, Austin averaged 15 games a season, 70 touches on offense a season, 30 returns a season.

He showed up and he played his role. His failure to be available for us was entirely out of character for his career.

Austin isn't the answer to replace Beasley. He's the answer to different questions. A deep threat to back off safeties. A run threat to complement Zeke. A return threat. Beasley isn't the answer to those questions.

Beasley was a bad fit for our base offense and a good fit for our, or anyone's, 3rd down offense.
Austin is a bad fit for out 3rd down offense, but a good one for run offense.

I've always been a fan of Beasley's, but he's a bad fit here. Should be on a pass first offense.
We're one of the few teams which needs exactly what Austin provides.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Could Cedric Wilson pick up some of the duties (if not hurt)? One of the pros of him being drafted was he played all spots including slot at Boisie.