Video: Colin Cowherd: “The Philly game hurt Dak’s value”

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good point. He did improve on getting yards through the air. Whether that was due to his overall improvement as a player or Kellen Moore's offense I won't argue. But he did do that one thing. And you can see that improvement in the game logs. :hammer:
I purposely want to go back to drinking dunk. 450 yards a game usually you lose. But he did prove he can throw the deep ball. I can’t wait to see what he does after this new system. It’s hard to judge anybody on this team for last year’s

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think the delay is only about that new CBA coming up when salaries will spike to levels we don't even comprehend right now.

If not for that, I think the Joneses already would have signed him.

Whether they should or not is another matter. I think they love that he's good enough to keep them relevant and don't want to risk losing that.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I think the delay is only about that new CBA coming up when salaries will spike to levels we don't even comprehend right now.

If not for that, I think the Joneses already would have signed him.

Whether they should or not is another matter. I think they love that he's good enough to keep them relevant and don't want to risk losing that.
C878F-.gif

InTheZone

Reaction score
The patriots? How did Brady play in the hurricane?
If I remember correctly, which I very much do, Daks passes were all over the field and Bradys passes were being dropped...you can watch the game if you care to, or else I'm lying to everyone here.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Probably did. He shouldn’t have played with a hurt shoulder but he did and now that game is on tape. Nothing he can do about it now.
Yes it's on tape that he played with a hurt shoulder. What's not on tape is the doctors that JJ doctors shooting up Daks shoulder....but JJ knows it happened.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes it's on tape that he played with a hurt shoulder. What's not on tape is the doctors that JJ doctors shooting up Daks shoulder....but JJ knows it happened.
I don’t think they shot up his shoulder at all. I think players e refuse the Cortizone. They know the bad affects down the road

HungryLion

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, which I very much do, Daks passes were all over the field and Bradys passes were being dropped...you can watch the game if you care to, or else I'm lying to everyone here.

You should probably watch it again. Given how you left out the part about how Dak’s accuracy noticeably improved as soon as he put on a glove and Brady did in fact miss some passes that he normally makes.

wrongway

Reaction score
This is getting more true every year.

I would love for people to go through the exercise of swapping Brees and Romo for the last decade or so and guessing how they both end up.
No one will ever know. It's just speculation.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You should probably watch it again. Given how you left out the part about how Dak’s accuracy noticeably improved as soon as he put on a glove and Brady did in fact miss some passes that he normally makes.
I don’t recall the game as much as I should. I’ll because I live only 30 minutes from Gillette Stadium. This one is fresh in my memory because I’m a huge cowboy fan.Brady was off target most of the day. Prescott wasn’t much better.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe its not hatred. Maybe you love the guy so much you're blinded to the reality that he isn't as good as you want him to be.

Like falling for the cutest girl you even saw only to find out she hates animals, has a terrible temper, and won't eat pizza and beer!
He is much better than you think. Everything is on tape.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t recall the game as much as I should. I’ll because I live only 30 minutes from Gillette Stadium. This one is fresh in my memory because I’m a huge cowboy fan.Brady was off target most of the day. Prescott wasn’t much better.

For sure. It was horrific throwing conditions for any QB. Which is why the cowboys should have ran the ball more. But our coaches sucked, per usual.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For sure. It was horrific throwing conditions for any QB. Which is why the cowboys should have ran the ball more. But our coaches sucked, per usual.
I find it so difficult mentally. To judge any talent on this team this past season. Going from 300 yards a game to 450. I prefer going back to what we did best and that was a dink and dunk. Offense. But everybody wanted to throw the ball down field. I thought it was a huge mistake. But again can’t judge anything from last season in my opinion

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Probably did. He shouldn’t have played with a hurt shoulder but he did and now that game is on tape. Nothing he can do about it now.

Dak's poor play from that game shouldn't hurt his contract negotiations. He was playing hurt.

What *should* hurt his contract is it coming to light that throwing shoulder injuries were a chronic problem for Dak in college. Bazillions of dollars for a QB with chronic injuries to his *throwing* shoulder? Ugh.

InTheZone

Reaction score
yes Brady had a couple of bad passes, all QBs do. I'm not hearing it about his glove. His passes were all over the field and most of Bradys issues were drops.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
And so that proves what?

That he has enough guts to play that injured?

Players play injured all the time.

His game the next week was among the best he had had.

Guess he is a fast healer. At least that is good to know.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was his shoulder hurt in the Saints game?

Dak didn't play well against good teams this year.

Bills? Patriots?

Where is Dak?

IF he bullies our front office by not working out with the team and learning the offense and they just take it on the chin and cave to his demands this this franchise is done.
What QB hasn't had bad games?? Answer that QB guru!! You crack me up!! Thanks for the laughs, Salud!

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I agree with him

i agree with him too....we desperately needed that win and we had them overmatched...we needed a leader who could bring it home...Aikman brought it home...92 NFC conference champ against 49ers at candlestick..Aikman had a little bit lesser team...but brought it home for victory and then super bowl blowout....Dak so dropped the ball against Eagles