Video: Colin Cowherd: “The Philly game hurt Dak’s value”

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Isn’t it that way for all QB’s really? NO’s has Kamara and Thomas, and the backup QB dude. Mahomes has more weapons than a pro bowl team. Brady has no one and it finally failed. All QB’s need weapons. Payton had Harrison. Montana has Rice. On and on.......

Aven---- do you think Dak is squeezing us cowboys a little too hard though?...i mean really..he aint worth no 36 mil a year...plust it will handicap our team from keeping or getting good players...and Dak cant carry a team yet...it kinda makes me real mad...so sick of QB's getting these mega contracts and the team goes to Hell

garyo1954

Reaction score
I purposely want to go back to drinking dunk. 450 yards a game usually you lose. But he did prove he can throw the deep ball. I can’t wait to see what he does after this new system. It’s hard to judge anybody on this team for last year’s

Truth. Good stats don't always mean a win. 463 against Green Bay. Loss
70% completion vs Jets. Loss 397 vs Minn. Loss.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh you’re not wrong.. My evaluation of him is taking into consideration his entire time here and what I see is a solid QB that needs a lot of help around him to win a championship and that he is not the guy to elevate a team on his own and even if he was the elite guys who actually could do it aren’t doing it either.

CATCH17--- 100% Agree...it is really ticking me off too....Dak aint worth no 36 mil a year...it will handicap our team too...Dak needs a ton of support to win....to be honest i thought Dak was going to take less to show the league you can be a good QB and not take money from other players and build good team...but NOPE....Dak going Greedy like the rest

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Aven---- do you think Dak is squeezing us cowboys a little too hard though?...i mean really..he aint worth no 36 mil a year...plust it will handicap our team from keeping or getting good players...and Dak cant carry a team yet...it kinda makes me real mad...so sick of QB's getting these mega contracts and the team goes to Hell
It's business my friend.
I get that, as fans, we care so much and want the most for our TEAM, but they are employees that want to get paid while they get the chance.
And it's their agent's job to get them what they can, which is why Jerry loves to (kind of illegally) circumvent their agents, in the end.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
i agree with him too....we desperately needed that win and we had them overmatched...we needed a leader who could bring it home...Aikman brought it home...92 NFC conference champ against 49ers at candlestick..Aikman had a little bit lesser team...but brought it home for victory and then super bowl blowout....Dak so dropped the ball against Eagles
Aikman had a bit lesser team than Dak in '92?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

corso--i meant little bit lesser team than 49ers that year...but Aikmen still brought it home...Dak had better team than eagles and could not even score a TD let alone get a win

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree with Cowherd. Its a shame Dak is trying to squeeze the Cowboys so much.
yup a smart agent and player who already know TEXAS has less taxes, dak gets more endorsements being a DC, and hes qb and if he outplays his new deal , he can get another..

so that said take 30mil with a good amount of guaranteed money and an incentive structure that if they make the playoffs hes gets 500k bonus, if they go to second round another 500k, if they make the NFCCG 1mil, a SB appearance another 1mil and a SB win 1mil..thats near the 35 he wants ..if a man cant live on 30mil per season to help his team continue to build like keep Amari and build the defense and is quibbling over 5mil he hasn't earned and instead could have that added as bonuss' ie put up and shut up, then hes in this situation waiting on a deal because of himself..

there are qbs like brees and brady that took less and Daks not as good as them and I dont want to hear about their wives or how many contracts they had, THEY TOOK LESS AND IT H;EPS THEIOR TEAM AND THEY ARENT STARVING BECAUSE OF IT..

FACT IS IF HE WERE THOSE GUYS WHE COULD DEAMND THAT BUT HES NOT HE HAS SHOWN NOTHING TO SUPPORT HE SHOULD GET MORE THEN WENTZ AND GOFF, in fact he should take less , but hey thats my opinion. Just because other teams have made mistakes paying average qbs elite money doesnt mean that his market..

if he gets 90-100 mil guaranteed no matter what happens, im pretty sure his future is set unless he plans on burning it or give it all to charity..hes young and like RW will get another deal, RW is on his third deal not his second and hes won a sb, played in two and continues to be grwat , when Dak shows that he can make such demands, he has NOT..

lastly, im with some of these other players who are as good or as important as a QB but taking HALF for their services.. the ratio is off I believe Frank Clark and a few other mentioned this in an interview.. the market may be out of control but that doesnt mean it has to remains that way..dak is not worth 2.5 times more then other stars on this team.. I know market bs, some owner has to make a stand..

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
corso--i meant little bit lesser team than 49ers that year...but Aikmen still brought it home...Dak had better team than eagles and could not even score a TD let alone get a win
You answered someone else's post.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

how do you connect Aikman had lesser team than Dak from what i said????....i was speaking of Aikmen in the 92 conference championship against 49ers and aikman had lesser team and still brought it home...how do you connect that aikmen had lesser team than Dak in 2019 from that?...please friend refrain from smoking the ganja so early in the day

Aven8

Reaction score

Dak has made a whopping 4 million as an actual QB. He put his money on himself last season and came within a yard of breaking Romo’s record. Anyone think that would happen even after 2018? He deserves what is with comparable QB’s. Not top 5 money, but Top 10 for sure. It’s just what QB’s get paid.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I don’t think they shot up his shoulder at all. I think players e refuse the Cortizone. They know the bad affects down the road
I think they did but even if they didn't that's even more of a warrior move by day and he didn't practice all week

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak has made a whopping 4 million as an actual QB. He put his money on himself last season and came within a yard of breaking Romo’s record. Anyone think that would happen even after 2018? He deserves what is with comparable QB’s. Not top 5 money, but Top 10 for sure. It’s just what QB’s get paid.

top 10 i have no problem with

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s what they do with the weapons that separates the great ones.

When those QB’s have the weapons they go to Super Bowls. We couldn’t even win the worst division. Lol

I’m holding out hope for Mike.

Like an actual route for Zeke would be nice. Not just a screen or swing in the flat.......

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Good enough to win.. How did Dak play?

That was a timing play, the bad snap threw the timing off. Now should Dak have made the throw? Sure, but that is improvable with better coaching, Dak has to learn to slow down and process those types of things better, which I think coaching can do.

And I wouldn't put it past Dak, and probably other players, to have tanked the game so as to ensure Garret was gone. We heard a lot about how the players just loooovvvvvved Garrett, but I bet they love winning more, better to get rid of Garrett, who was never going to lead this team to a SB win.

In any case, Dak still has a golden opportunity to get the big contract even if he takes the franchise tag, with McCarthy, et al he could do very well, which would boost his value even more than now...

Maverick84

Reaction score
Won't eat pizza and beer?!

david-tennant-gif-harry-potter-2.gif
:laugh: