Colin Cowherd Calls Out NFL Tweeter By Name

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I disagree. At the very least Tony is owed an apology.

For a tweet saying,"Hi, Tony!"

If this was a player on any other team everyone here would be applauding it. We have a little success and suddenly we are untouchable? Give me a break.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
For a tweet saying,"Hi, Tony!"

If this was a player on any other team everyone here would be applauding it. We have a little success and suddenly we are untouchable? Give me a break.

I didn't say he should be fired..but if you follow the story he was mocking him. That's pretty unprofessional to me. I actually doubt he's done that to any other team.

erod

Reaction score
Am I the only one uncomfortable with Romo getting in a whizzing match with the league over dorky fantasy football?

My cynical, conspiracy side things it's a bad idea.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Am I the only one uncomfortable with Romo getting in a whizzing match with the league over dorky fantasy football?

Look at it this way. At least it helps dispel any lingering impression that Romo is just some poster boy for the league.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Obviously this is bad for Dwayne's career as it continues to be a story and I really don't want him to lose his job over a bad decision that he thought was funny but I love the fact there is accountability for cheap shots like his.

Our family of newspapers ran into this issue with a police chief who decided to take pot shots on Facebook at a reporter for the local newspaper and the newspaper itself. His defense of his decision is that freedom of speech gives him the right to say whatever he wants on his personal account.

No one ever denied that, but freedom of speech does not make you immune from the consequences of the choices you make and he was fired by the city.

Plumfool

Reaction score

What you call dorky, many people take seriously. And it's a pretty big business. Frankly It was a cool way for fans to meet their fave players.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Just now on Colin's show he called out and named the NFL guy in charge of the NFL Twitter account who mocked Tony yesterday. His name is Dwayne Munn and Cowherd and former NFL executive Mark Dominic ripped him for his unprofessional tweet yesterday.

Obviously this is bad for Dwayne's career as it continues to be a story and I really don't want him to lose his job over a bad decision that he thought was funny but I love the fact there is accountability for cheap shots like his.

Meanwhile the NFL office must absolutely hate that he was named.

This must be running right along with the NBC brain farts as well...

erod

Reaction score
What you call dorky, many people take seriously. And it's a pretty big business. Frankly It was a cool way for fans to meet their fave players.

It's a way for casual fans who know nothing about football to get interested, and the NFL is building its league around catering to them now. No, I don't care who you're playing this weekend in your fantasy game.

(We played fantasy football in college in the 80s when nobody had ever heard of it. After a few seasons, I wanted to watch football again, not worry how many yards Neal Anderson had.)

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Romo's position is about the fans and the money lost for many of them as well as the players involved.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Oh well. To each his own. I don't think it was right.

You are right. He shouldn't be fired but it was 100% unprofessional.

Imagine you gather up co-workers, to say do some kind of training, but your boss says no that can't happen for a stupid reason, and then mocks you in front of the board of directors and all other co-workers. Thats pretty much what happened here as the NFL twitter account is supposed to be their "social media spokesperson".

DFWJC

Reaction score

Can't help thinking that way either.

With tin foil hat firmly in place, it even crossed my mind when he tweeted "It was a catch" that the NFL may try to cancel this thing.

It almost certainly had nothing to do with it, but it just seems like they cut no slack for Dallas.

Last edited:

Zordon

Reaction score
this is a declaration of war....I really hope Jerry doesn't take the high road when asked about this. the idiot giants/eagles fan who tweeted that needs to be FIRED!

Plumfool

Reaction score
It's a way for casual fans who know nothing about football to get interested, and the NFL is building its league around catering to them now. No, I don't care who you're playing this weekend in your fantasy game.

(We played fantasy football in college in the 80s when nobody had ever heard of it. After a few seasons, I wanted to watch football again, not worry how many yards Neal Anderson had.)

That certainly is one opinion.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Fantasty Football is a huge deal. Either the NFL Network or ESPN has a show that talks nothing but fantasy stuff.

I am not into it but millions are.