Twitter: Colin Cowherd on the Green Bay Packers huge issue

cowboyec

Reaction score
rodgers is 0-4 in nfc title games since his lone super bowl win.
so tired of this whorish love affair the media has with joe namath 2.0

the one thing we haven't had when facing him in the play-offs is a defense like this.
and a head-coach like mccarthy.

screw rodgers.
screw green bay.
screw'm all.
ALL.
:starspin:COWBOYS:starspin:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Cowherd pointed our that Rodgers always saves the Packers. This is why the Packers have only reached one Super Bowl with him. He has to carry them and it catches up to the Packers in the playoffs. The Cowboys have had miserable luck in the playoffs at Lambeau throughout their history. We’ve had miserable luck against Rodgers in the playoffs. We’ve never beaten him in postseason. As far as I’m aware of the Cowboys have only had one QB win a game at Lambeau and that’s Dak. Keep that in mind!
Romo beat the Packers at Lambeau on a Sunday night in either 2008 or 2009 (can’t remember for sure). I was there. It was the first Dallas win ever at Lambeau. We had beaten the Packers in Milwaukee but never at Lambeau until that night.

Vomit

Reaction score
Cowherd pointed our that Rodgers always saves the Packers. This is why the Packers have only reached one Super Bowl with him. He has to carry them and it catches up to the Packers in the playoffs. The Cowboys have had miserable luck in the playoffs at Lambeau throughout their history. We’ve had miserable luck against Rodgers in the playoffs. We’ve never beaten him in postseason. As far as I’m aware of the Cowboys have only had one QB win a game at Lambeau and that’s Dak. Keep that in mind!
No. 1st Dallas team to win at Lambeau was the 2008 version, and I was there.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo beat the Packers at Lambeau on a Sunday night in either 2008 or 2009 (can’t remember for sure). I was there. It was the first Dallas win ever at Lambeau. We had beaten the Packers in Milwaukee but never at Lambeau until that night.

Yes someone mentioned it I thought that win in 2008 was at Milwaukee County Stadium.

Mr_437

Reaction score
That was an entertaining listen...Colin was in his bag.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Romo won at Lambeau in 2008.

September 21, 2008

DallasCowboys
3-0, 2-0 AWAY

Final
1 2 3 4 T
DAL 3 10 7 7 27
GB 3 3 3 7 16
i

Green BayPackers

2-1, 1-1 HOME

J_Allen

Reaction score
I want to see Rodgers on his back all game long. In fact I'd like to see him knocked out of the game.

I think the second to last time we played them the refs didn't call one holding penley against their offensive line. That can't happen again. Hopefully this time we have a coach who will stand up to these refs.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Cowherd claims he covered boxing earlier in his career but he doesn’t seem to know much about fighters. He claimed he liked big punchers and included Ali who wasn’t a powerful puncher. He said Larry Holmes was 6’6” when he was 6’3”. He claimed Holmes didn’t have punching power when he did have punching power. He was a boxer/puncher. It can be argued that he was a harder puncher than Muhammad Ali in his prime. I attended a lot of championship fights in the late 70s and 80s and Cowherd doesn’t sound like someone who knows much about boxing.
You're exactly right, but it's too bad the "Easton Assassin" wasn't 6'6".. It would have given him a better shot at landing a glove on Tyson in that fight back in 1988.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
this may seem weird but i am more worried about their 2 running backs tan Rodgers this year.we can get to him but we havent shown we can really stop the run and it may be our only weakness.
I worry about teams throwing to their running backs. Seems they are always open against us and we can’t ever scheme our RBs to be open.

cowboybish

Reaction score
Cowherd claims he covered boxing earlier in his career but he doesn’t seem to know much about fighters. He claimed he liked big punchers and included Ali who wasn’t a powerful puncher. He said Larry Holmes was 6’6” when he was 6’3”. He claimed Holmes didn’t have punching power when he did have punching power. He was a boxer/puncher. It can be argued that he was a harder puncher than Muhammad Ali in his prime. I attended a lot of championship fights in the late 70s and 80s and Cowherd doesn’t sound like someone who knows much about boxing.

100% AGREE - Holmes was exactly as you stated 6'3 and weighed around 212-220 most of his career. He held the title for 10 years. He had one of the best jabs in Heavy history and was an excellent technician. He was Ali's sparring partner in his early days so he knew how to box with a jab. Often times in his fights in the early years he would get bored because he could score at will and was actually at his best when he was hit hard and even hurt. It would wake him up and he shifted into a controlled rage. Holmes was disrespected by some in the boxing industry as he did follow 3 of the best Ali, Forman and Frazier. I would like to seen him in the mix with these 3. I think he would have even been a better fighter. Those fights would have been great! RE: Cowherd... he didn't really know boxing if didn't think Holmes a good fighter.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
First lets take care of whats next....if we do end up playing GB, I feel very good this current team is not a one trick Pony...They can and do score with every unit on the team...no other team in the league is doing that right now.

GMO415

Reaction score
Did you notice he didn't mention Dallas!

Hence, he thinks Dallas will lose before ever playing them..

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The uncalled PI could have been a game winning FG.
It was PI, but it was good coverage also. DBs are taught, if you're going to hold, make sure it's not with an outstretched arm. It's harder for refs to see. I have to hand it to the GB DB. He executed it perfectly.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He was saying that teams are running on packers with ease. Our RBs are getting healthy and O-Line looking a little better. If Moore is smart then we line up and run it until they stop it and run the clock out. We will pressure rogers all day..He won’t have time to sit back there..