Video: Colin Cowherd reacts to Dak's contract

dckid

Reaction score
Well you love Dak, he is our football savior. He is our Franchise QB.
The road to Football hell is paved with good intentions....
Gosh the thing that just blows my mind is people think Dak will actually take this team to a SB. Again this is not anti dak, or pro anyone else.
It's that this team has functioned one way for 26+ years, over pay their guys because they are afraid of the unknown.
This lemming style thinking will not pay off in the end. It's the teams who go against the grain are the ones who come out on top.

The team that drafts Mahomes at the 10th pick when they have a Dak like player at QB already.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly!!!
Dak is a system QB plain and simple. There is nothing wrong with that. It is not a bad thing. It isn't a 40 million dollar a year thing.
What in the hell is your definition of a system QB because I wasn't even aware Cowboys had a "system" lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why could Dalton barely function in this system and Dinucci as well?
Exactly lol. Its the same crap since Garrett was here...Romo was the only one who could even run that offense.....same thing happened with Dak....many have tried...many have failed. I'd love to know what "system" this is...that's a new critique of Dak..he's now a "system" QB for a team that has no system lol.

dckid

Reaction score
What in the hell is your definition of a system QB because I wasn't even aware Cowboys had a "system" lol.
You guys are funny. The Dak & Jerry lovers won.
Congrats on another 10 years of being stuck near the bottom middle of the league. Really something to get excited about.
The way this league works is a rebuild takes no more than 3 years. Team do this all the time. Look at the Dolphins & Chargers. Scared teams never win.
We will never win with this afraid to fail philosophy.
Jerry does not care about SB's more than he cares about being 8-8. Bottom line. Every one of you fans should understand that statement.
He is afraid of going 3-13 vs joy of 13-3. He lives in a 8-8 box.
Dak just guarantees you will be ok. The Cowboys too scared to win which also means taking a chance to win philosophy will keep us where were have been for the past 26 years.
Why is this so hard to understand?
Jerry and this front office are like federal employees who want the full pension at 65 and work at the same place for 35 years. Yeah there is something to be said for that philosophy but that is not bringing you a championship.
Just look at the Cowboy history, Jerry was leveraged when he purchased the Cowboys, they traded their only asset to get draft picks and start from scratch. The truth of the matter is Jerry had zero to do with from the jump and now has been living of the fumes of Jimmys 3 SB's. Full stop

Swagger

Reaction score
Why could Dalton barely function in this system and Dinucci as well?
Dalton struggled in games when he was playing behind the 3rd string offensive line. Dinucci played behind a banged up line and he just wasn't (and may never be) ready to do so.

Trendnet

Reaction score
dk.png

He still started 1-3 in games he started and finished.

But hey, if projecting 6-10 makes you fell better go for it. I'm surprised this 6-10 QB signed for so cheap.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Congrats on another 10 years of being stuck near the bottom middle of the league. Really something to get excited about.
The way this league works is a rebuild takes no more than 3 years. Team do this all the time. Look at the Dolphins & Chargers. Scared teams never win.
Jerry does not care about SB's more than he cares about being 8-8.
:confused:
Talk about tunnel vision. If Jerry loves being 8-8 he would have kept Garrett.

Garrett, Campo, Gailey, Switzer & Parcels.
You think it's just a coincidence the total years of these HC's w/Dallas is 25 years?!

Of course not. It's always the quarterbacks fault. Great coaching wins Superbowls.

Landry & Johnson proved that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

But hey, if projecting 6-10 makes you fell better go for it. I'm surprised this 6-10 QB signed for so cheap.

I'm just correcting you...I personally wouldn't "project" anything after 5 games.....I do not believe the Cowboys would've lost to the NFC East or some of those trash teams with Dak. I mean even y'all admit Dak beats the "bad teams".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry does not care about SB's more than he cares about being 8-8. Bottom line. Every one of you fans should understand that statement.
Dak just guarantees you will be ok. The Cowboys too scared to win which also means taking a chance to win philosophy will keep us where were have been for the past 26 years.
Jerry and this front office are like federal employees who want the full pension at 65 and work at the same place for 35 years. Yeah there is something to be said for that philosophy but that is not bringing you a championship.
Just look at the Cowboy history, Jerry was leveraged when he purchased the Cowboys, they traded their only asset to get draft picks and start from scratch. The truth of the matter is Jerry had zero to do with from the jump and now has been living of the fumes of Jimmys 3 SB's. Full stop

Ok. But what does this have to do with the question I Asked you? You typed all of that for no reason lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Week 3 2020 in Seattle.
Ohhhh I see...I mean if Dak was facing the Cowboys defense he too would've marched right down the field and scored like Russell Wilson did. I don't think Dak has ever faced a defense as bad as the one we fielded last year.

cowboygo

Reaction score

You think he got signed based off of his 2020 record? Why do you think he got the deal he got?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Spot on with everything.

Especially the recipe for Superbowls. He is aware.

You are right, he is telling the truth but, won't matter. People only want to hear what they want to hear. To easy in this day and age to discredit people for simple critical thought.

A simple thing like cap increases are a perfect example. Cap increases work in the same way a minimum wage increase works. The more you pay, the more things cost because prices get raised. The more you raise the cap, the more players demand because the more cap there is to spend. People act as if a cap increase will be static. That's not how it works. If the cap goes up, guess what, the price it costs to sign an average punter will go up as well and that's at every position, across the board. So this idea that because the cap will be increased, the higher salary number that's coming with this contract, won't be a problem is simply incorrect. It's going to cost more to sign everybody around Dak, that much more so the increase in cap will be eaten up quickly. It's going to be a problem down the road, regardless of if people want to accept that or not.

Sigh.........

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You are right, he is telling the truth but, won't matter. People only want to hear what they want to hear. To easy in this day and age to discredit people for simple critical thought.

A simple thing like cap increases are a perfect example. Cap increases work in the same way a minimum wage increase works. The more you pay, the more things cost because prices get raised. The more you raise the cap, the more players demand because the more cap there is to spend. People act as if a cap increase will be static. That's not how it works. If the cap goes up, guess what, the price it costs to sign an average punter will go up as well and that's at every position, across the board. So this idea that because the cap will be increased, the higher salary number that's coming with this contract, won't be a problem is simply incorrect. It's going to cost more to sign everybody around Dak, that much more so the increase in cap will be eaten up quickly. It's going to be a problem down the road, regardless of if people want to accept that or not.

Sigh.........

@Doomsday101

cowboygo

Reaction score
So you want to model after the Dolphins & Chargers.

What level of success does Tua and Herbert need to reach an extension after their rookie contracts?

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Sure yet other position tend not to work like the QB position in terms of these FA deals, maybe because it is easier to find a DE or a punter than it is to find QB. QB market has always operated differently than what we see at any other position. I like Gallup and it could be he asked for top money, well it is easier to find a WR to come in at a cheaper price than it is letting your franchise QB go.

Swagger

Reaction score

Sigh.........
That's a fantastic post to be fair.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ohhhh I see...I mean if Dak was facing the Cowboys defense he too would've marched right down the field and scored like Russell Wilson did. I don't think Dak has ever faced a defense as bad as the one we fielded last year.
Roy, why do you bother w/ the extremists? Just curious