News: Colin Cowherd says Jerry's handling of Elliott contract Is message to other Cowboys

Flamma

Reaction score
Zeke is potentially locked up as a Cowboy for the rest of his career.

For all intents and purposes he held out for 15 million more. His Guaranteed money is 50 Mil. He'll probably be out after the 2022 season. If not then, one more year and that's it.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Two guys with special circumstances. We took a chance on Jaylon, and then Jerry made good on a clear promise to Collins to make up for what he lost out on when he was screwed on his rookie contract.

I suspect that played a part in the good deals we got with both players.

But my point was about the message the message sent by *management* with the Collins and Jaylon deals. The bank is open. Make the team a good deal, and you can get an extension.
seems like business as usual.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And bad move on the Cowboys part. Glad some people are more happy for the player than the team.
No, I’m just saying it was a good personal move for Elliott. And Elliott makes us a better team.

If it’s that bad of move for the Cowboys then our ownership are total Idiots. And none of this matters anyway. Lol

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Colin Cowherd Says Jerry Jones' Handling of Ezekiel Elliott's Contract Is Message to Other Cowboys Players

Colin Cowherd of FS1 believes other Dallas Cowboys players who are looking to get a new contract need to pay attention to what's going on with star running back Ezekiel Elliott who is close to signing a new deal. The FS1 host reacted to Cowboys linebacker Jaylon Smith and offensive lineman La'el Collins getting contract extensions done before Elliott and he said Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was sending a clear message to the players.

"It's about a message," Cowherd said on his show The Herd with Colin Cowherd. "We take care of our people if our people take care of us. This is not about Zeke this about Jerry sending a message to Cowboys players."

read more:

https://popculture.com/sports/2019/...nes-ezekiel-elliott-contract-message-cowboys/

jerry folded , uhhh ... cowherd was wrong .

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Message I got is Jones and son are a pair of pansies and will cave. No way EE gets a deal with two years left and really 3 years of control after his off field troubles and then holding out if anybody running this team had a set. Try pulling that on the Pats see where it gets you. I would of done Dak and Cooper and a few others and started counting the fines on EE. I wouldn’t even negotiate with EE till he showed up. Not only did they cave they caved big time on his contract.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
BS with capital BS.......let a couple of them try it and see how fast Jerry/Stephen send their azz packing. Zeke was an exception for 3 reasons
* just so happens this team is built around his position
* proven commodity... others may disagree but his resume speaks for itself
*** Caught Jerry and Stephen with their pants down

Side Note to ***.......I honestly believe they were warned of Zeke's desire for a new 2019 deal but failed to gauge how serious he was or ignored his agent's threats to sit out. Where am I getting this from? Stephen actually mentioned during an end of the season interview regarding upcoming contracts. In talking about players he intends to extend remember him saying (quote)....."I need Zeke to be patient". No question in my mind, his agents been in their ears with extension requests and/or threats of him sitting out, they just didn't listen.

Pretty sure Zeke's agent's position was there's no reason not to extend him now. He's proven his worth and your money cap $$$$ for 2019 and 2020 is pretty much set. To do it this year or next won't change your cap money IF you view him as part of your long-range plan. Other words, doing the deal 2019 or 2020 won't change anything, it's the same pile of money. If you think about it he's right. Stephen found a way to get it done. What's interesting is I'm sure I see anything to suggest he's couldn't have taken care of this March or at least long before now.

BTW....let Connor Williams, Woods or Gallup try holding out with couple years left and see how fast their azz is traded (lol).

The player needs leverage to win a holdout.

Zeke had leverage.

Techsass

Reaction score
What it says is if you hold out long enough, you’ll get close to what you want.
IF you're top 3 at your position AND our scheme depends upon you heavily.

I think there's a sliding scale from really good to pretty good players. The old Jimmy thing of not all players are equal is still alive & well in Dallas.