Twitter: Colin: Dak Prescott is entering a new challenge

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak has the Football Team Giants and eagles.

They weren't as bad as the Bills, Dolphins and Jets have been for that 20 year stretch though. The Eagles, Giants and Commanders would have been way better than that AFC East division.

Its not even close.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

Dak is no Brady but in his defense ,

Brady didnt do it without a stout defense , Pats D by Bellicheck was always good and 2020 TB defense was also one of the best , ( like that GB game when TB went bonkers and threw interceptions)

Dont know Boys D has reached that plateau yet , I hope it is improving .

Also Brady did without WR1 most of the years , Dak has atleast Lamb . With Tolbert , Fehoko, Vasher etc. thrown in and Schultz available as Security blanket , we should have a viable passing game , PROVIDED if the OL can hold up and RUN game be back. I hope Tyler Smith in Gaurd position should help run game , with More Pollard and Zeke combo we should be moving the ball .

aikemirv

Reaction score
They weren't as bad as the Bills, Dolphins and Jets have been for that 20 year stretch though. The Eagles, Giants and Commanders would have been way better than that AFC East division.

Its not even close.
Not for the past few years - it is very close!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Brady is the greatest to have ever done it. But how many other NFL quarterbacks could have done what he has in the last 20 years????

Then again, give Dak BB and the privilege to play against the same Dolphins, Jets, and Bills teams that Brady played against for 20 years and I think Dak would be very successful.

Not as successful as Brady, but successful.

I think the context missed with the AFC East excuse is that Tom then went and beat all of the best AFC teams in the playoffs every single year. The regular season 12-4’s don’t define him nearly as much as the 10 SB appearances, 35(!) playoff wins

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is 100% accurate and you can even toss in the fact that he has idiots for coaches on the offensive side of the ball.

Hey Dak. You wanted 40m+ a year? Now basically go do it all on your own. That’s what he’s up against. Not to mention the wrong rb is getting all the carries. Deck is stacked against Dak.
Totally agree. It’s finally on him. I can’t wait for the season. No excuses

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Wait, people still think Brady did it on his own for 20 years? Lmao. How cute. I love how people diminish the coaching staffs Brady got to work with his career. The defenses he had, especially early in his career when he got to be a bus driver and win. Remember his first Super Bowl? His defense went out and held down a potent Rams offense and even got him a pick 6 that changed the game.

And I also love how people think Brady had scrubs at the WR position in NE.

Brady had consistency his whole career in NE. Great coaching, defenses, a solid core of WRs and TEs. A front office who knew how to build a winner. Dallas is not even close to that.

How convenient you people forget what Brady did when he legit had to do it on his own, which was his final season in NE. Very lackluster offense and was bounced by Tenn in the wild card round. People thought Brady was done and washed. Goes to Tampa who was loaded on offense and boom, he's back.

It's almost as if Brady never did it on his own...

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Always somebody else's fault.

What part of what you quoted was wrong? None of it.

Sure, it's fun and easy to blame Dak but this organization is rotten from the core and will never be a winner. Romo gets all the excuses in the world for being a playoff loser. Dak is in the same exact situation Romo was. Poor coaching staff, a front office who has no idea what they are doing and subpar defenses, especially when it matters.

This team is going nowhere for a long time and it has nothing to do with any one player.

GINeric

Reaction score
I think the context missed with the AFC East excuse is that Tom then went and beat all of the best AFC teams in the playoffs every single year. The regular season 12-4’s don’t define him nearly as much as the 10 SB appearances, 35(!) playoff wins

Thats probably why I led my statement off with "Brady is the greatest to have ever done it". The AFC East wasn't an excuse, it was the worst division in football during those years.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Thats probably why I led my statement off with "Brady is the greatest to have ever done it". The AFC East wasn't an excuse, it was the worst division in football during those years.

What was the implication of your previous post beyond that? Give Dak a loaded team and he’ll be more successful? That works with Carson Wentz and Jared Goff and Kirk Cousins too, not exactly a ringing endorsement for Dak.

What about the Qb who doesn’t have BB and years of rosters he put together and still has his success anyway? If we settle that Dak needs a super team to go anywhere, what does that say about Dak?

However, If Dak wants to build a better reputation for his legacy, it’ll have to be in Dallas. Show that you don’t need handouts to succeed.

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score
What was the implication of your previous post beyond that? Give Dak a loaded team and he’ll be more successful? That works with Carson Wentz and Jared Goff and Kirk Cousins too, not exactly a ringing endorsement for Dak.

What about the Qb who doesn’t have BB and years of rosters he put together and still has his success anyway? If we settle that Dak needs a super team to go anywhere, what does that say about Dak?

However, If Dak wants to build a better reputation for his legacy, it’ll have to be in Dallas. Show that you don’t need handouts to succeed.

Nobody said give Dak a loaded team. But it may be difficult to have success with one proven WR to start the season.

Any team that has seen success has atleast two very good pass catchers. Whether its two very good WRs or a very good WR and a very good TE. No quarterbacks nowadays will succeed with just one very good pass catcher.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Nobody said give Dak a loaded team. But it may be difficult to have success with one proven WR to start the season.

Any team that has seen success has atleast two very good pass catchers. Whether its two very good WRs or a very good WR and a very good TE. No quarterbacks nowadays will succeed with just one very good pass catcher.

You don’t believe Dalton Schultz is very good? He’s being paid like it

GINeric

Reaction score
You don’t believe Dalton Schultz is very good? He’s being paid like it

I think Schultz is a very solid TE, but hopefully he can be one of the consistently top TEs in the league. I believe he could be.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Colin, or anybody for that matter, measures Brady's success on how well he played against the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins.
7 SB wins kinda says it all......now if someone brings up the Jets,Bills,and Fins well more power to them as I have a feeling they will need it in life!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Schultz is a very solid TE, but hopefully he can be one of the consistently top TEs in the league. I believe he could be.
He's an overpaid Jag.......another product of Dak-Friendly!!!