Twitter: Colin - Hard to evaluate Dak

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
44wq8z.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm thinking Colin is correct in saying it's tough to evaluate Dak at this point in time!

It does seem to be the underlying cause of these negotiations being at an impasse.
Of course he is. Very difficult. The ones who ripped Colin for saying so should be embarrassed.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I can't say I've heard a more ridiculous attempt to defend Dak and put him on a pedestal he doesn't belong on. And there have been a ton of ridiculous excuses.

Amazing isn't it.
June 12th and no contract for Dak and at this point that's what matters most for our Cowboys!
Stay smart and strong Jerry!!!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Amazing isn't it.
June 12th and no contract for Dak and at this point that's what matters most for our Cowboys!
Stay smart and strong Jerry!!!
We have until July 25 what’s the problem

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Your not talking about other teams players, in terms of playing. Your talking about other teams contracts, which is an entirely different discussion, if I'm not mistaken. I don't even like having to talk about our teams players contracts. Why in hell would I want to talk about other teams player contracts? Who would?

Your idea of how it works does not match up with mine. I don't judge players on how other teams pay there players. I judge players on who well they work on our team. I believe it to be foolish to look at a situation and base what we should play a position player, based on what other teams do. All teams are different. Some teams focus on certain parts of the game to be successful. If you are a throw first team, outscore you offense, then maybe you pay a really good QB more then others might because that's the key to winning for you. If you are a Defensive team that plays TOP and field position to win, maybe you sign a really, really good kicker and pay him more then other teams might because he's going to be a big part of winning and losing games for you. It's not the same for every team and treating your salary cap as if it were is insane IMO.

I'm not saying every team should treat their cap the same. I can have differing opinions on how teams spend their cap.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You mean a below average defense with a terrible special teams unit and bad coaching. I don't "hate" romo. He was just unreliable. And Dak had 300 passing yards in 2016 romo never had 300 yards in a playoff game. What would he have done differently? romo had plenty of opportunities with more talent and never succeeded. Would he have made the refs not call the "huddle" call on us. Have the refs throw the flag when witten got tackled in the endzone? Like I said the people that love romo probably became fans of the team because of him and it's actually really sad that that's the guy you love. The rest of us have real champions and better players that we rallied behind cheering for this team.

I don't think it's true that Romo had all that many opportunities. He really only had like one or two good teams, to be completely honest. At least IMO. Gonna post some numbers for you here.

12 of 18, 163 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 3 Sks
19 of 37, 230 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 Sks
15 of 24, 234 yds, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 3 Sks
28 of 42, 323 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 3 Sks
24 of 35, 316 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 1 Sk

That's it, there were no 6 games, only 5 playoff games played in. Now, of those games, there were 2 three hundred yard games and 3 games well under three hundred yards. But in all 5 of those games, Romo out played the opposing QBs. The only one you might be able to question is the last one against GB. But that's only because AR got more opportunities, to be honest.

All the numbers listed above are not Romo's. In order they belong to:

Manning Giants 07/08
McNappy Eagles 09/10
Favre Vikings 09/10
Stafford Detroit 13/14
Rogers Packers 13/14

The point being that all of these QBs are pretty damn good and 4 of the 5 have a good chance, IMO, to go to the Hall. 300 yard games in the playoffs are more of a recent thing. I don't think it's a good way of measuring players from different eras. That's just my opinion.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm not saying every team should treat their cap the same. I can have differing opinions on how teams spend their cap.

You can. You can do whatever you wish and I got no problem with that but honestly, who cares what other teams pay their players. We should not care about that because that's the way you screw things up. It's not the way you manage successful franchises. More to the point, it's not a terrible thing for fans not to know or care about what other teams are doing with contracts. Seriously, this contract stuff is the worst part of the NFL. It literally sucks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course he is. Very difficult. The ones who ripped Colin for saying so should be embarrassed.
Of course he is hard to evaluate but that hasn't stopped him from doing so in the past. He's been all over the place on Prescott because he has to be all over the place. And Cowerd is far but an astute judge of football, his show should be part of The View.

James Taylor would have a hard time evaluating Prescott because he's seen fire and he's seen rain.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Dak is better than Aikman because he has three letters in his first name.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't think it's true that Romo had all that many opportunities. He really only had like one or two good teams, to be completely honest. At least IMO. Gonna post some numbers for you here.

That's it, there were no 6 games, only 5 playoff games played in. Now, of those games, there were 2 three hundred yard games and 3 games well under three hundred yards. But in all 5 of those games, Romo out played the opposing QBs. The only one you might be able to question is the last one against GB. But that's only because AR got more opportunities, to be honest.

Manning Giants 07/08
McNappy Eagles 09/10
Favre Vikings 09/10
Stafford Detroit 13/14
Rogers Packers 13/14

The point being that all of these QBs are pretty damn good and 4 of the 5 have a good chance, IMO, to go to the Hall. 300 yard games in the playoffs are more of a recent thing. I don't think it's a good way of measuring players from different eras. That's just my opinion.
I hear you ABQ,
fwiw he did play in 6 playoff games.

But yes, his playoff TD to Int ratio is a whopping 4:1 and his playoff QB rating is very good too.

And really, it is skewed down some by the last two plays of the Giants game.
3rd down---he throws the would-be game-winner to Crayton, who broke his route. So add a TD and subtract an int there.
4th down--last playfff the game. no timeouts , so throw into the endzone no matter what. Int. But really deceving.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Manning Giants 07/08
McNappy Eagles 09/10
Favre Vikings 09/10
Stafford Detroit 13/14
Rogers Packers 13/14

You missed matt hasselbeck in 2006 against seattle for a total of 6 postseason games. Romo was 2-4. Romo and Dak are from the same era lol. It just looks that way because in 2006, 2007 and 2009 we had good defenses. Dak still hasn't been on a team as good as 2014 and 2007.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can. You can do whatever you wish and I got no problem with that but honestly, who cares what other teams pay their players. We should not care about that because that's the way you screw things up. It's not the way you manage successful franchises. More to the point, it's not a terrible thing for fans not to know or care about what other teams are doing with contracts. Seriously, this contract stuff is the worst part of the NFL. It literally sucks.
Hear!! Hear!!

Why do we need to know what any player makes? It's gotten so bad now that even during the games I have to try and remove the business from the sport. If I stop to think what a player is getting paid for just one game, particularly when he's playing poorly, I would rather find something else to do. That's why I prefer, by a long shot, college ball to the NFL.

Want to take it to the extreme? Figure out what a player is getting paid per play. On average, Prescott is getting paid $25,000 per play based on 80 off plays per game or 1,280 per year at 31.4M. Figure half of those are handoffs which every QB can execute so it works out that every time he attempts a pass, he's getting $50,000 for that pass regardless of where it ends up.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I hear you ABQ,

But yes, his playoff TD to Int ratio is a whopping 4:1 and his playoff QB rating is very good too.

3rd down---he throws the would-be game-winner to Crayton, who broke his route. So add a TD and subtract an int there.
4th down--last playfff the game. no timeouts , so throw into the endzone no matter what. Int. But really deceving.
Romo was terrible in that 2007 giants game. 50% comp 200 yards 1td 1int qb rating of 64

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I hear you ABQ,

No DFW, he didn't. I looked up every season and he has 5 games where he actually played. The 6th, which was a loss to GB I believe, he did not play. So the W/Ls, specifically the opportunities for him to throw for 300 were only in 5 games.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No DFW, he didn't. I looked up every season and he has 5 games where he actually played. The 6th, which was a loss to GB I believe, he did not play. So the W/Ls, specifically the opportunities for him to throw for 300 were only in 5 games.
You shouldn't even be allowed to post anymore fr fr

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
imagine doubling down on being wrong tho lol.

I don't have to imagine it. I've done that in the past but I'm watching you do that now. I'm not wrong about anything I posted. Go look it up. Romo has played in 5 playoff games.

The 6th game people talk about, he didn't play in. Dak started that game and ended it. The discussion was about Dak throwing for 300 yards in a playoff game, something Romo never did. Well, I posted all of the playoff games Romo ever played in. There were only five.

If you think that's inaccurate, post the stats of the 6th game he played in. I'm happy to admit my mistake if I've made one.