Twitter: Colin - Hard to evaluate Dak

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
According to the leaks, it's about the Cowboys wanting a longer term deal than Prescott so they seem to want him more than he wants them, especially in the long term.

He said coming in that being the DC QB was a lifelong dream of his but now he has realized that dream. They all know the likelihood of remaining with one team for their entire career.

The other thing we do not know is how does he truly feel about the organization? If he were a QB for any other team in the league, there would not be this level of coverage and there have been some leaks, by design, that have been made to look him look greedy. Has anyone considered that his reluctance to anything beyond 4 years might not be only money related.

Consider this. What if Prescott sees the future of the team when Booger is gone and doesn't like what he sees? Booger will be 81 or 82 when this 4 year deal is up. Maybe Prescott wants options and tagging a QB in 2024 is going to be prohibitive?

One thing we do know. A lot of players come into the league with favored teams they'd like to play for but once they're in for a couple of years, it's all about who will pay the most guaranteed money.

I do believe Prescott is a top 10 QB right now but in 4 years? The competition seems to be heating up as evidenced by the poor FA market for QB's this off season.

Sometimes, a young man's opinion can easily change once he's been exposed to a long-standing association with a team. Even if that team has been his longtime favorite, his concept of reality can be shaken by many different influences. His teammates, his experiences with those in charge, various experiences, both good and bad can adversely affect his former perception.

I think Dak's agent, Todd France, has had a dramatic influence upon Dak's attitude about his team, its front office and his general feelings about what is being said during contract negotiations. Many heated discussions take place and sensitive players like Dak can easily become alienated with many of the comments that occur at the bargaining table.

By his own words, Dak has openly stated he relies upon his agent to tend to his negotiating interests. Of course this is simply what's best for him to get favorable representation. Obviously, he getting one side of the story in that scenario. Contract negotiations routinely get quite intense in terms of some pretty harsh words being uttered in the heat of such discussions. I suspect Dak has been advised of these things and is far less positive in his opinion of the Dallas front office. We've all read some of the things that have been said.

Let's see what the future holds in the event that kinder words are uttered in the event that efforts for an agreement salve bad feelings. Once the need for good results become more desperately desired, kinder utterances are forthcoming in contract discussions. Let's hope that occurs and it helps to heal the emotional wounds that Dak might very well have felt.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
No DFW, he didn't. I looked up every season and he has 5 games where he actually played. The 6th, which was a loss to GB I believe, he did not play. So the W/Ls, specifically the opportunities for him to throw for 300 were only in 5 games.
I must have missed something?
Thought you were referring to Romo....who played in 6
Seattle
New York
Philly
Minny
Detroit
Green Bay

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo was terrible in that 2007 giants game. 50% comp 200 yards 1td 1int qb rating of 64
Like I said.
The last two downs easily could’ve/should've been different
Add the TD and Subtract the following hail Mary int....which would never have occurred
QB rating goes from 65 back to 92 just like that.
Cant run Craytons route for him
Not to mention the long TD drop earlier in the game.
The Giants D did a number on everyone in-those playoffs anyway...including Brady

But whatever.
I know where stand on this and its fine.
I was addressing ABQ

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I must have missed something?
Thought you were referring to Romo....who played in 6
Seattle
New York
Philly
Minny
Detroit
Green Bay

Auhh crap......... the Seattle field goal game. Yep, your right, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me DFW.

Shout out to Hennessy as well, you were right and I was wrong. I doubled down on stupid.

:laugh:

My appologies.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Auhh crap......... the Seattle field goal game. Yep, your right, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me DFW.

Shout out to Hennessy as well, you were right and I was wrong. I doubled down on stupid.

:laugh:

My appologies.
Its all g. I was getting worried you are usually a better poster than that. We all make mistakes remember I wanted Johnny manziel lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Its all g. I was getting worried you are usually a better poster than that. We all make mistakes remember I wanted Johnny manziel lol

Yeah, truth be told, that's more of a blot it out of my memory kinda thing, I think. That game, maybe more then any other, pissed me off.

Either way, you were right about the 6 games. Sorry about that Brother.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yeah, truth be told, that's more of a blot it out of my memory kinda thing, I think. That game, maybe more then any other, pissed me off.

Either way, you were right about the 6 games. Sorry about that Brother.
TBH that game jaded me against romo for a long time. I eventually got over it but it was years later. I was never more heartbroken watching a cowboys loss. I'll never forget it. And ppl forget we were still in the haven't won a playoff game in forever drought in 2006.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Dak didn't have receiving weapons his first couple of seasons, but it took the league almost all of 2016 to figure that out.

Dez, Terrance, Beasley, Witten were not a strong receiving crew, but they were made better in 2016 by a thoroughly dominant oline and run game, and by teams still thinking that they needed to double Dez.

When teams figured out that they could single press man Dez and Terrance into oblivion, and stuff Beasley with 1.5 coverage, the passing game was stuffed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
TBH that game jaded me against romo for a long time. I eventually got over it but it was years later. I was never more heartbroken watching a cowboys loss. I'll never forget it. And ppl forget we were still in the haven't won a playoff game in forever drought in 2006.

I understand. If the snap is handled cleanly, we win. If Romo is just a half step quicker, he gets in for a TD. So close but no cigar. Damn shame.......

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I understand. If the snap is handled cleanly, we win. If Romo is just a half step quicker, he gets in for a TD. So close but no cigar. Damn shame.......
Actually the real criminal on that play was anthony fasano. Watch the play and you will see. I blame him more than Romo I can forgive a mistake I can't forgive no effort.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Actually the real criminal on that play was anthony fasano. Watch the play and you will see. I blame him more than Romo I can forgive a mistake I can't forgive no effort.

Lots of stuff go wrong on that play. I don't really hold Fasano as responsible there because in that situation, they teach you to try and seal tight and force everybody outside on the pass rush. So Fasano reaches to try and send the rusher wide and he does that, while also preventing any penetration from the C Gap to the weak side. I mean, I get what he was doing there. The edge rusher never really got close enough to effect the play and if the snap is handled, that kick is away before he gets there. Bottom line, if Tony fields that cleanly and the kick is away, we win that game. At least, that's how saw it.