Twitter: Colin: Nobody has ever been coddled like Dak Prescott

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not in the hate Dak camp or the love Dak camp. But here are the facts as I see them:

1. He has been in the league long enough that he is probably not going to improve himself significantly.

2. He is now making $40M per year which was elite top 5 money when it was signed. I don’t care if it’s 7th or 8th now or 10th a year from now. It is elite money.

3. Prescott has beaten bad teams and padded his record against those bad teams.

4. Usually, Dak has disappeared and played poorly against the better teams in the NFL.

5. Dak does not appear to go through his progressions well, doesn’t trust what he sees and routinely throws behind receivers.

6. You can win with Dak, the bus driver, but he must be surrounded with a very good supporting cast. Dak’s contract really hinders providing him that supporting cast.

7. I don’t think we must get rid of Dak, but if we are going to win a SB with Dak we either have to catch lightning in a bottle with almost every draft choice to surround him with his supporting cast, OR he has to be paid in the 15-20 range of QBs instead of top 5.

Dak will never accept 15-20 pay and it unfairly handicaps the team to pay him as elite QB. If we want a SB something has to give.

8. QBs like Dak come available every so often on the free agent market because they are not elite. Garroppolo is probably in the same class of QB that Dak is and he was a backup. Baker Mayfield may also be in that same class, but it’s hard to tell based on the teams he has played for.

Ask yourself would you rather have Dak at $50-55m per year or a guy like Garroppolo or Mayfield and a draft pick throw at the dartboard. You might have a better chance at a SB with the latter.
Regarding #3 (and therefor #4)....do we have any firm stats on that? I think I agree...but want to be sure. And if we can get a source...maybe we can convince others it's true. Not to turn anyone ina "dak hater", but just accept it as a fact?

shabazz

Reaction score
Here we go again. Overreactions and gas lighting. Wins are now an individual stat. Hilarious.

Never claimed it was a “stat”. You did. It’s his record in the playoffs and against winning team.

I’ll spell it slower this time…r-e-c-o-r-d.

It’s funny that when Romo was quarterback here, many would point to his 2-4 playoff record but now Rayne Dakotas playoff record is inappropriate.

Here’s an example to help you understand this basic concept …Tom Brady’s playoff record is 35-12.

BTW, I’m still awaiting your dispute of the Facts I laid out in my last post…..I’m waiting…

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Never claimed it was a “stat”. You did. It’s his record in the playoffs and against winning team.

I’ll spell it slower this time…r-e-c-o-r-d.

It’s funny that when Romo was quarterback here, many would point to his 2-4 playoff record but now Rayne Dakotas playoff record is inappropriate.

Here’s an example to help you understand this basic concept …Tom Brady’s playoff record is 35-12.

BTW, I’m still awaiting your dispute of the Facts I laid out in my last post…..I’m waiting…
It's not HIS record, it's the teams.
Pretty simple stuff.

shabazz

Reaction score
It's not HIS record, it's the teams.
Pretty simple stuff.

It’s both and the quarterback is the most important part of any NFL team…..

since people love Google so much, just google Dak Prescott playoff record or any quarterbacks win/ loss record and it will show it immediately.

you know this already so stop playin. Admit defeat and move on.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I’m not in the hate Dak camp or the love Dak camp. But here are the facts as I see them:

1. He has been in the league long enough that he is probably not going to improve himself significantly.

2. He is now making $40M per year which was elite top 5 money when it was signed. I don’t care if it’s 7th or 8th now or 10th a year from now. It is elite money.

3. Prescott has beaten bad teams and padded his record against those bad teams.

4. Usually, Dak has disappeared and played poorly against the better teams in the NFL.

5. Dak does not appear to go through his progressions well, doesn’t trust what he sees and routinely throws behind receivers.

6. You can win with Dak, the bus driver, but he must be surrounded with a very good supporting cast. Dak’s contract really hinders providing him that supporting cast.

7. I don’t think we must get rid of Dak, but if we are going to win a SB with Dak we either have to catch lightning in a bottle with almost every draft choice to surround him with his supporting cast, OR he has to be paid in the 15-20 range of QBs instead of top 5.

Dak will never accept 15-20 pay and it unfairly handicaps the team to pay him as elite QB. If we want a SB something has to give.

8. QBs like Dak come available every so often on the free agent market because they are not elite. Garroppolo is probably in the same class of QB that Dak is and he was a backup. Baker Mayfield may also be in that same class, but it’s hard to tell based on the teams he has played for.

Ask yourself would you rather have Dak at $50-55m per year or a guy like Garroppolo or Mayfield and a draft pick throw at the dartboard. You might have a better chance at a SB with the latter.

The thing is QB's like Mahomes/ Allen dont come available often at all for every one there is 10 to 20 misses in a 4 year period...so again I'll say if you can upgrade you do but dont kid yourself its not a simple as "Dial a QB". Second Dak is counting 19 mill against the cap and over his career has been much lower..how did this FO handle it for your "Bus Driver if he was less against the cap" theory. When and if Dak does count 40 mill to the cap and we lose heavily the situation will resolve itself for sure, and again i ask do you trust this FO to go get you a better QB?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It’s both and the quarterback is the most important part of any NFL team…..

since people love Google so much, just google Dak Prescott playoff record or any quarterbacks win/ loss record and it will show it immediately.

you know this already so stop playin. Admit defeat and move on.
You don't even get that you don't get it

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He sure apologizes a lot for Dak in this video for a guy who tells us 3 times that he’s not a Dak Prescott apologists.

I know a cheerleader when I see one and this guy is clearly trying to excuse Raynes abysmal performance

However, he is correct on the play calling. Rush had to deal with the same crap too but made the most of it.

Did he though? What we’re the stupid trick plays that Moore called with Rush out there?

Reactions: BAT

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn't the proper perspective be that he only covered 8 snaps out of 60+? One of which he states Dak made a terrible read. It also shows the relative insignificance of the double reverse everyone has complained about. Sure, it wasn't a good call, but it didn't even kill the drive.

As long as we can agree that it wasn’t a good call.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I'm not sure, none of us are in his head. That was my point. Speculating about things you're unaware of doesn't solidify anything. A player can have a absolute turd-fest of a game or a few. It doesn't mean anything in the NFL. Well, it seems like it does if you don't study the league.
...and the problem is that nothing surrounding Dak 'solidifies anything', all we get is deflection of blame and excuses. Nothing ever seems to be his responsibility .... despite the contract.
Most fans, especially after seeing Rush perform with the same O-line, play calling and against a Defense that's still ranked in the upper percentile just aren't going to keep giving the mulligan.
Fans are no longer fooled by historical stats from 5/6 years ago when the CAP was spent on O-Line and receivers and Dak was injury free. Independent fans also question the 'we've got statistically got the best offense by pts and yards'.... especially when it comes with Dak's QBR is outside of the top 10 (2021), indicating the reliance on garbage time.
Just blind support of Dak is a big contributory factor to the fools gold that Jerry loves... a high profile merchant selling star whole keep us relevant in the regular season..... fans want more.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
...and the problem is that nothing surrounding Dak 'solidifies anything', all we get is deflection of blame and excuses. Nothing ever seems to be his responsibility .... despite the contract.
Most fans, especially after seeing Rush perform with the same O-line, play calling and against a Defense that's still ranked in the upper percentile just aren't going to keep giving the mulligan.
Fans are no longer fooled by historical stats from 5/6 years ago when the CAP was spent on O-Line and receivers and Dak was injury free. Independent fans also question the 'we've got statistically got the best offense by pts and yards'.... especially when it comes with Dak's QBR is outside of the top 10 (2021), indicating the reliance on garbage time.
Just blind support of Dak is a big contributory factor to the fools gold that Jerry loves... a high profile merchant selling star whole keep us relevant in the regular season..... fans want more.
Again, "blind support" is an ignorant and erroneous suggestion and that's all you have and repeat. have fun with that.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Again, "blind support" is an ignorant and erroneous suggestion and that's all you have and repeat. have fun with that.

Blind support is an accurate appraisal of your comments throughout this thread....you apportion negative elements away from Dak and towards a team responsibility. The last two games have burst that bubble, hopefully he will step up, if not then the 'coddling' days will be over.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Wait....we're drawing the line at making fun of clothes?

And getting "awfully close" to the 'r" accusations to boot.

Just saying how he dresses or looks should have no bearing on what he does on field.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Blind support is an accurate appraisal of your comments throughout this thread....you apportion negative elements away from Dak and towards a team responsibility. The last two games have burst that bubble, hopefully he will step up, if not then the 'coddling' days will be over.
You parrot it so much you can't stop. There's nothing accurate about it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The objective is what is happening ON the field.

Yes or no?
I just thought it was a random comment. You know....like a joke trying to be funny? I didn;t realize it had anything to do with "on the field". Like I said...I musta missed that.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Dak is 10th in the league against teams winning records:

Player Total Wins Losses Ties %
Lamar Jackson 16 10 6 0 .625
Patrick Mahomes 16 10 6 0 .625
Tom Brady 121 74 47 0 .611
Jimmy Garoppolo 15 9 6 0 .600
Russell Wilson 59 32 27 0 .542
Marcus Mariota 25 12 13 0 .480
Aaron Rodgers 80 36 43 1 .456
Jared Goff 31 14 17 0 .451
Josh Allen 27 12 15 0 .444
Dak Prescott 42 18 24 0 .428

I'd reminder you all that football is the ultimate team game and most on this list showcase that good organizations build winning teams/QBs.

shabazz

Reaction score
You don't even get that you don't get it

Right. Standard response from somebody that’s gotten schooled. Nice try though

and still waiting for you to disprove the facts that I posted……you can’t