Twitter: Colin: Nobody has ever been coddled like Dak Prescott

shabazz

Reaction score
Well you should be super pumped Rush is playing!

no. It doesn’t work that way. Dak is an overpaid mediocre quarterback and Cooper Rush is a 3rd rate backup with an whole 2 career starts. This is what the FO has given us by neglecting the back qb position for years. It’s from mediocre to even worse.

some of don’t have to hypocritically prop up Cooper Rush just because we are critical of Rayne…..that’s disingenuous and not how I handle my business.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Im sure the Defense is going to be blamed for alot/some of those defeats (and rightly so). But the marked improvement in our D and the fact that Rush seemed to be able to play with an Offense one week away from one of our worst Offensive performance in living memory... means the indigenous trolls are circling Dak's wagon.

I do honestly hope he can/will come out fighting, however, I fear the issues are confidence and psychological....and when adding a good opponent, the weight of expectation and a possible acceptance that he's never performed with the pressure I fear it's all too much....but we'll see.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
no. It doesn’t work that way. Dak is an overpaid mediocre quarterback and Cooper Rush is a 3rd rate backup with an whole 2 career starts. This is what the FO has given us by neglecting the back qb position for years. It’s from mediocre to even worse.

some of don’t have to hypocritically prop up Cooper Rush just because we are critical of Rayne…..that’s disingenuous and not how I handle my business.
It's whether the criticism makes sense and is realistic that you don't understand. Calling Prescott mediocre is what's disingenuous. It's ok if you refuse to accept the fact.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Im sure the Defense is going to be blamed for alot/some of those defeats (and rightly so). But the marked improvement in our D and the fact that Rush seemed to be able to play with an Offense one week away from one of our worst Offensive performance in living memory... means the indigenous trolls are circling Dak's wagon.

I do honestly hope he can/will come out fighting, however, I fear the issues are confidence and psychological....and when adding a good opponent, the weight of expectation and a possible acceptance that he's never performed with the pressure I fear it's all too much....but we'll see.
I mean when you are completing almost 66 percent of your passes and are throwing 57 TDs to 29 INTs with that passer rating. (yes he did get garbage time stats even if my definition differs) You can certainly put the blame on the defense for some of those losses, not all, but some.

Dak needs to prove it now. There is no question about it. You wanted to get paid, now get out there and earn it when you're back. Its that simple.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Until I see or read an expert, there's nothing to suggest it's confidence or psychological besides conjecture. Rush didn't do much, he just did what they schemed for and it worked. The 1st couple of drives compared to the rest of the Cinn game illustrates that clearly. I just hope Rush can help pull off a couple more wins, but the more film on him......

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Until I see or read an expert, there's nothing to suggest it's confidence or psychological besides conjecture. Rush didn't do much, he just did what they schemed for and it worked. The 1st couple of drives compared to the rest of the Cinn game illustrates that clearly. I just hope Rush can help pull off a couple more wins, but the more film on him......

So if it's not psychological or confidence explain the last 6 months? Upto and including the 49er's it was attributed to injury, but then the Bucc's game was just plain embarrassing, especially that one throw (called advisedly) to Brown in the 3rd Quarter.

Your last comment about Rush and teams working him out ISNT a defense of Dak, nobody other than the ultimate troll thinks Rush is anywhere near Dak's class....but that doesnt detract from the fact that Dak has been exposed by the league and it could be fatal especially when or if the running game reduces the coverage AND HE STILL THROWS BEHIND THE RECEIVERS.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I mean when you are completing almost 66 percent of your passes and are throwing 57 TDs to 29 INTs with that passer rating. (yes he did get garbage time stats even if my definition differs) You can certainly put the blame on the defense for some of those losses, not all, but some.

Dak needs to prove it now. There is no question about it. You wanted to get paid, now get out there and earn it when you're back. Its that simple.
It also helps when you have a kicker that can put a game away here and there instead of shanking them for losses.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So if it's not psychological or confidence explain the last 6 months? Upto and including the 49er's it was attributed to injury, but then the Bucc's game was just plain embarrassing, especially that one throw (called advisedly) to Brown in the 3rd Quarter.

Your last comment about Rush and teams working him out ISNT a defense of Dak, nobody other than the ultimate troll thinks Rush is anywhere near Dak's class....but that doesnt detract from the fact that Dak has been exposed by the league and it could be fatal especially when or if the running game reduces the coverage AND HE STILL THROWS BEHIND THE RECEIVERS.
I'm not sure, none of us are in his head. That was my point. Speculating about things you're unaware of doesn't solidify anything. A player can have a absolute turd-fest of a game or a few. It doesn't mean anything in the NFL. Well, it seems like it does if you don't study the league.

shabazz

Reaction score
It's whether the criticism makes sense and is realistic that you don't understand. Calling Prescott mediocre is what's disingenuous. It's ok if you refuse to accept the fact.

Fact…..1-3 playoff record.
Fact 18-24 against teams finishing with a winning record
Fact………14/28 134 yards 1 Interception, ZERO touchdowns in the Season Opener
Fact…Major Injuries the last 3 years and running.

Feel free to dispute any of these facts.

shabazz

Reaction score
Don’t know if this has been posted anywhere else already, but this is a good summary:

Perspective.

He sure apologizes a lot for Dak in this video for a guy who tells us 3 times that he’s not a Dak Prescott apologists.

I know a cheerleader when I see one and this guy is clearly trying to excuse Raynes abysmal performance

However, he is correct on the play calling. Rush had to deal with the same crap too but made the most of it.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I'd like to see someone post one photo of Romo striding across the tarmac all gussied up in some high fashion clown suit like the ones we regularly see of Dak.

This is getting awfully close to cultural shaming.

The way a person dresses does not justify defamation.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Don’t know if this has been posted anywhere else already, but this is a good summary:

Perspective.

Wouldn't the proper perspective be that he only covered 8 snaps out of 60+? One of which he states Dak made a terrible read. It also shows the relative insignificance of the double reverse everyone has complained about. Sure, it wasn't a good call, but it didn't even kill the drive.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Fact…..1-3 playoff record.
Fact 18-24 against teams finishing with a winning record
Fact………14/28 134 yards 1 Interception, ZERO touchdowns in the Season Opener
Fact…Major Injuries the last 3 years and running.

Feel free to dispute any of these facts.
Here we go again. Overreactions and gas lighting. Wins are now an individual stat. Hilarious.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wouldn't the proper perspective be that he only covered 8 snaps out of 60+? One of which he states Dak made a terrible read. It also shows the relative insignificance of the double reverse everyone has complained about. Sure, it wasn't a good call, but it didn't even kill the drive.
I remember because it was the only time we got close to the redzone.

Verdict

Reaction score
I’m not in the hate Dak camp or the love Dak camp. But here are the facts as I see them:

1. He has been in the league long enough that he is probably not going to improve himself significantly.

2. He is now making $40M per year which was elite top 5 money when it was signed. I don’t care if it’s 7th or 8th now or 10th a year from now. It is elite money.

3. Prescott has beaten bad teams and padded his record against those bad teams.

4. Usually, Dak has disappeared and played poorly against the better teams in the NFL.

5. Dak does not appear to go through his progressions well, doesn’t trust what he sees and routinely throws behind receivers.

6. You can win with Dak, the bus driver, but he must be surrounded with a very good supporting cast. Dak’s contract really hinders providing him that supporting cast.

7. I don’t think we must get rid of Dak, but if we are going to win a SB with Dak we either have to catch lightning in a bottle with almost every draft choice to surround him with his supporting cast, OR he has to be paid in the 15-20 range of QBs instead of top 5.

Dak will never accept 15-20 pay and it unfairly handicaps the team to pay him as elite QB. If we want a SB something has to give.

8. QBs like Dak come available every so often on the free agent market because they are not elite. Garroppolo is probably in the same class of QB that Dak is and he was a backup. Baker Mayfield may also be in that same class, but it’s hard to tell based on the teams he has played for.

Ask yourself would you rather have Dak at $50-55m per year or a guy like Garroppolo or Mayfield and a draft pick throw at the dartboard. You might have a better chance at a SB with the latter.