Twitter: Colin: "We have a trend here with Dak"

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It is hilarious watching you meltdown over the last few days. 99% of your Dak-loving friends have abandoned you and Dak. Keep up the good work. It won’t be long before Dak is putting up more useless stats against the terrible teams in the NFCE.
Like every QB in the NFL? Has anyone even looked anywhere else BUT Dallas?

jnday

Reaction score
I’m with you just find it odd that since the ne he really hasn’t thrown the ball downfield. Wasn’t doing it much prior but still. Not sure why they don’t try and throw deep especially with man to man on the outside so much. Also they don’t even throw a back shoulder fade at all. Didn’t see them use it once this year. Romo was money at that and it’s such a great play to have.
Dak is not accurate enough to throw the back shoulder fades. He has never been able to throw those passes.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Dak’s horrible playoff performance will change the landscape of football. For every Mahomes/Allen you get a Dak/Watson (legal trouble)/Wentz/Goff/Ryan. Guys like Jackson, Murray, Mayfield will just be playing on their 5th year options and might get franchised Tagged after that. There is no way you give those guys big extensions now.
Kinda like how guys like JaMarcus Russell ruin it future rookies in getting gigantic contracts.

jnday

Reaction score
You conveniently missed the point, per usual. So unless you have factual data to compare to Dallas' wins/losses vs non division teams this bash attempt is a joke.

I know one thing, if the win column favored Prescott in any way, you and a few of the bash bunch would cry about it being a team stat.
Most of us that are in the bash bunch have always said it was a team game until the Dak lovers decided to give a Dak all the credit for wins and blame all of the losses on the rest of the team, the coaches, the refs, the announcers, the media, Jerry the GM, the weather or any of thousands of different excuses that I have seen posted here to defend poor QB play.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
My only concern is the Dallas Cowboys. I don’t look around the league for other QB failures to justify the QB failures in Dallas.
Well that's completely biased and ridiculous, lmao. You want to ONLY look at the stat with regard to Prescott, but not compare it to any other QB?
This isn't about failures, that's in your head. It's about understanding the stat.
You have no point.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Most of us that are in the bash bunch have always said it was a team game until the Dak lovers decided to give a Dak all the credit for wins and blame all of the losses on the rest of the team, the coaches, the refs, the announcers, the media, Jerry the GM, the weather or any of thousands of different excuses that I have seen posted here to defend poor QB play.
BS

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak is not accurate enough to throw the back shoulder fades. He has never been able to throw those passes.
BS, this is another false assumption. He's done it repeatedly. Even back when Bryant was playing.

Qcard

Reaction score
It's sad how badly misinformed the majority are. Don't even understand the concepts of an offense or defense and how they affect a game. Uneducated. Inexperienced. Not capable of grasping what is truly happening.
Yes...Dak Haters are football illiterates

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's sad how badly misinformed the majority are. Don't even understand the concepts of an offense or defense and how they affect a game. Uneducated. Inexperienced. Not capable of grasping what is truly happening.
Dak didn’t play well. Neither did most of our stars. Elliott blew chunks. Our OL. Lawrence , Parson and Diggs. Was their names called.

Call it what we will. Their was plenty of poor play and choking to go around not to mention horrific stupid penalties.

But our QB is taking the heat because many of his supporters considered him elite enough to overcome. Obviously he isn’t. That’s not all on him but those who have over hyped him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Warner also pointed out the mistakes Dak made. If you knew anything about football you would agree, Dak had a terrible game and is very inconsistent outside of our crappy division.
Dak has played poorly at times, but also good at times.
The thing you guys are not talking about are the coaches, kellen , mike, the ol coaches the wr coaches, and the receivers.

I saw a lot of drops, balls going thru hands, poor routes, + poor play designs, and play calling.
Even warner said he does not know how dak is being taught to play. What is he being told?

Mike and kellen thought that last play was the right call at the time, and that they knew how to execute it, but it wasnt the right call, and they
were very sloppy executing the play.

I watched the play over and over, and one thing I noticed, was if pollard and noah had blocked the 2 guys on left sideline, and if dak ran to that
sideline, he could have got out of bounds with 10-12 yds, and still had 8 seconds on the clock, and no need for a spike the ball !

I am not saying dak is great or worth 40 mil, but he is good enough, if dallas had smarter coaches.

The line blocking schemes are not good, both for pass protect, or running, and even if you have all pro guys , with bad schemes it is not going
to be good.
In 2014-16 dallas had callahan for OL run schemes, and they were good, and then he leaves, and what happens our run game disappeared.
Add to that now we just dont run enough, and go all pass at the drop of a hat.

A team needs to be good at running the ball, or they will have problems when they pass .

it isnt just dak losing the games, it is the coaches.

jnday

Reaction score
I get QBs have off days, but Dak seems to disappear or not show up for long stretches a lot the last few years...especially against better teams or in big games. It was nearly half the games in 2019 when the offense no showed for big portions of the game then the start of 2020 wasn't much better. I didn't think Dak did anything in 2019 or the few games in 2020 to warrant a huge contract.

vs. 13-3 Saints: offense only scores 10 points (on a day the defense held the Saints to 12 points)
vs. 13-3 Packers: down 24-0 in the 3rd quarter before offense puts up garbage time points
vs. 7-9 Jets: not even a good team, but still managed to get down 21-3 right before half before the comeback falls short
vs. 12-4 Patriots: failed to score a touchdown the entire game (again on a day the defense held NE to 13 points)
vs. 10-6 Bills: score on opening drive then disappear until late in the 4th quarter when they're down 26-7
vs. 8-8 Bears: score on opening drive then disappear until the 4th quarter when they're down 24-7
vs. Eagles with playoffs on the line: fail to score a single touchdown and lose 17-9

vs. Falcons: down 20-0 in the 1st quarter and 29-10 at halftime...ultimately win because Atlanta forgets onside kick rules
vs. Browns: Cowboys were actually up 14-7 in this one then they were down 41-14 before a furious comeback made it close in the 4th

vs. Broncos: down 30-0 before garbage time
vs. Chiefs: failed to score a touchdown
vs. Cards: offense only scores 7 through 3 quarters
vs. 49ers: offense only scores 7 through 3 quarters
Thank you for taking the time to make this list. If you look at it, the defense was blamed by the Dak lovers as an excuse for the losses. When a team loses to an opponent that only scores 12 points in a game, the defense can not be blamed. Game after game of failures against decent teams shows just how pathetic the offense has been when led by Dak.

jnday

Reaction score
Dak has played poorly at times, but also good at times.
The thing you guys are not talking about are the coaches, kellen , mike, the ol coaches the wr coaches, and the receivers.

I saw a lot of drops, balls going thru hands, poor routes, + poor play designs, and play calling.
Even warner said he does not know how dak is being taught to play. What is he being told?

Mike and kellen thought that last play was the right call at the time, and that they knew how to execute it, but it wasnt the right call, and they
were very sloppy executing the play.

I watched the play over and over, and one thing I noticed, was if pollard and noah had blocked the 2 guys on left sideline, and if dak ran to that
sideline, he could have got out of bounds with 10-12 yds, and still had 8 seconds on the clock, and no need for a spike the ball !

I am not saying dak is great or worth 40 mil, but he is good enough, if dallas had smarter coaches.

The line blocking schemes are not good, both for pass protect, or running, and even if you have all pro guys , with bad schemes it is not going
to be good.
In 2014-16 dallas had callahan for OL run schemes, and they were good, and then he leaves, and what happens our run game disappeared.
Add to that now we just dont run enough, and go all pass at the drop of a hat.

A team needs to be good at running the ball, or they will have problems when they pass .

it isnt just dak losing the games, it is the coaches.
It is hard to blame the coaches, particularly Moore, when the WRs are wide open, but Dak doesn’t throw to them. There are a few plays called by Moore that are questionable, but they are rare compared to the plays that would be successful with a QB that could find open WRs , throw WRs open and throw accurate passes into tight windows.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This whole organization is a fustercluck.

-Owner/GM picks the coach but forces the coach to retain his (the owner's) coordinators.
-The owner/GM picks a coach who will allow him (the owner) to report the state of the team, even revealing when players are injured even though the coach says otherwise. Oops. Should have checked with the owner first.
-The owner leaves the fate of the franchise in the hands of "Boy Wonders." Would Microsoft, Honda, Apple, Merrill Lynch, etc. entrust their billion dollar companies to novices? Yet we let Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore "experiment" with premiere players - players capable enough to deliver us a Super Bowl appearance but for the right coach(es).
-Players who once they get the big contracts (DLaw, Zeke Elliott, Dak Prescott) don't perform up to expectations.
-An owner who holds on for players too long beyond their trade value.
-Coaches who don't know time management, calls ridiculous plays and a head coach who ADMITS that his players were NERVOUS approaching a playoff game.
-A head coach who has the NERVE to say he knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl after being summarily punted from the playoffs - the only home team to lose this weekend, I might add.
-A quarterback who can't throw receiver open on a consistent bases - and everyone knows he can't (at least the better teams and coaches) - and who underutilizes the weapons he has.
-A defensive end who inexplicably tackles and offensive lineman giving the opponent a first in 10 after we stop the play on fourth down.
-A team that gets disrespected by its opponents frequently, opponents who OPENLY mock our schemes and try to appropriate our famous motto, and we can do nothing about it on the field.

This organization won't win a Super Bowl any time soon the rate its going. When I heard Mike McCarthy say the team was "nervous" I was done. Does he know how EMBARRASSING that is? You're admitting your team was SCARED!

We're in Trouble with a capital "T". But there's nothing we can do except stop watching. And yet, the comedy is so rich you get frustrated but you can't turn away from the humor you now find in this train wreck we call the Dallas Cowboys.

Nexx

Reaction score
BS, this is another false assumption. He's done it repeatedly. Even back when Bryant was playing.

to be honest. I dont remember a back shoulder throw this year. Im sure it happened but enough to be on the top of my mind. Now a corner fade into the end zone yes. He seems to throw that very well especially to Gallup who can go get it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
to be honest. I dont remember a back shoulder throw this year. Im sure it happened but enough to be on the top of my mind. Now a corner fade into the end zone yes. He seems to throw that very well especially to Gallup who can go get it.
I think many are used to Romo. And Gallup I agree with, he was just limited.