Colin: Were the Cowboys a deceiving 12-5 last season?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The 2000's Patriots beat up on a medicore at best AFC East. The 49ers of the 1990's beat up on an average at best NFC West. And so on and so forth. You play who is on the schedule and the good news is at least Dallas won the games they should have won.

Also, isn't Cowherd a little late to this party? The Cowboys were 7-1 against teams with losing records last year and including the playoffs went 5-5 against teams with winning records. This has been talked about since January. It's all about taking the next step to consistently beat the "big boys" and we will soon find out if they did enough.

Everything else is just speculation at this point since I know for a fact the Cowboys are going to beat some teams we think they will lose to and lose some games we think they will win. This is the NFL.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
We can't be delusionaly Cowboys fans and take any of that into perspective. It was plainly and painfully true during the year, as is the fact we are on the otherside of good year vs bad year with this team. If we can turn around this historical fact I will be very confident things are moving in the right direction. Problem is....I have little faith. Based on below we we are 9 wins, 10 at best?

2014: 12-4
2015: 4-12
2016: 13-3
2017: 9-7
2018: 10-6
2019: 8-8
2020: 6-10
2021: 12-5

jnday

Reaction score
We were the best team in the NFL after the New England game imo.

Problem is we never saw that team again after that day.
Any other year, beating the Patriots would have meant that they were one of the best teams in the league. Not last year. The Patriots have become very average since Tom left. I think it became more obvious as last season played out.

kskboys

Reaction score
Any other year, beating the Patriots would have meant that they were one of the best teams in the league. Not last year. The Patriots have become very average since Tom left. I think it became more obvious as last season played out.
Mac Jones was very mediocre as a rook, and everyone freaked out.