Colin: Were the Cowboys a deceiving 12-5 last season?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Seven wins aren't out of the question. I would love them to prove me wrong, but I'm just not getting my hopes up.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The same team that we lost to, beat Rodgers in Green Bay in the snow. They were an easy dropped pick from going to the super bowl.

They were the hot team late and outside of the Rams, nobody stood a chance.

This the deceptive record was SF because they were injured most of the year in a tough division.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I thought they would beat the 49ers. So I guess I was deceived. Stupid me.

Lol again all I'm saying is our D was not stopping the run much and the o-line looked les than stellar going down the stretch...as the SF team got players back they excelled at the 2 things we were weak at.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Then the Cowboys record was also deceptive because they were mostly healthy and were in an easy division.

It cuts both ways.

More like if all 3 teams Dallas GB and SF were healthy and all came in with the same record...most would have picked the SF to win those games as they were the better team.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes. The Niners loss was easily predictable.

Im not sure it was CLEAR cut but most people saw that that game was not a good fit for the Cowboys team. Again i think most put way to much on the QB as SF clearly has a better overall team than both GB and Dallas last year if healthy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
More like if all 3 teams Dallas GB and SF were healthy and all came in with the same record...most would have picked the SF to win those games as they were the better team.

I totally disagree because Jimmy G is viewed as the weaker QB of the three. He’s being replaced this season.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Then the Cowboys record was also deceptive because they were mostly healthy and were in an easy division.

It cuts both ways.

This is how i would ask this i guess.. if we lined it up and played it again do you think the record would change much...honestly i dont. so it probably was the correct record. I also am not sure if the playoff game would change much if we lined it up played it again with the same players and schemes.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I totally disagree because Jimmy G is viewed as the weaker QB of the three. He’s being replaced this season.

But no one thought he would be the reason they won those games anyway....they all new it was the o-line and defense..this year the QB play for them wont be much better...and if they stay healthy they have a good chance to rep the NFC....

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Im not sure it was CLEAR cut but most people saw that that game was not a good fit for the Cowboys team. Again i think most put way to much on the QB as SF clearly has a better overall team than both GB and Dallas last year if healthy.

I thought it was a terrible match up for the Cowboys, especially given how both teams played down the stretch.

I bet all of the playoff games that weekend. The only underdog I took was San Fran plus +3.5 and I hit all six games. It just looked too easy to pass up, unfortunately.

Don't ask how I did the rest of the playoffs, though. :muttley:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But no one thought he would be the reason they won those games anyway....they all new it was the o-line and defense..this year the QB play for them wont be much better...and if they stay healthy they have a good chance to rep the NFC....

This is the reason why San Francisco was the underdog in all three of their playoff games despite being the hottest team entering the playoffs. Jimmy G is not a productive QB he’s a game manager. Trey Lance may end up not being any better and could possibly be worse but San Francisco views him as a more dynamic player. They gave up a lot to trade up for him a couple of years ago so they have to play him.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is the reason why San Francisco was the underdog in all three of their playoff games despite being the hottest team entering the playoffs. Jimmy G is not a productive QB he’s a game manager. Trey Lance may end up not being any better and could possibly be worse but San Francisco views him as a more dynamic player. They gave up a lot to trade up for him a couple of years ago so they have to play him.

He can run, thats what they like for sure. Shanahan's run scheme just got much bigger.

ESisback

Reaction score
I’m far from miserable you’re the one complaining. Lol You don’t have to deal with me you can put me on ignore. :thumbup:

No probs, dude! I don’t use ignore much at all. To me, it’s kinda weak, like a cop out. Besides, you don’t seem NEAR as bad as some of these guys.

ESisback

Reaction score
Their competition was in the playoffs, when it mattered most.

Coward would not mention the other teams in the NFC East if the Cowboys won Super Bowls. But he does mention it because they consistently lose in the playoffs

Cowherd sings “The Cowboys Suck”, because that song sells. When they win a few games, they’ll be in his power rankings. He’s the biggest flip flopper of them all, predictably fawning over LA teams.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No probs, dude! I don’t use ignore much at all. To me, it’s kinda weak, like a cop out. Besides, you don’t seem NEAR as bad as some of these guys.

You seem to view candidness as negativity. I didn’t create this thread I just gave an honest opinion. I don’t sugarcoat comments and pull punches when I come here. I don’t post what everyone wants to hear I keep everything real.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He can run, thats what they like for sure. Shanahan's run scheme just got much bigger.

He definitely has mobility and athleticism but If he’s not a consistent productive passer they won’t get very far with him.

ESisback

Reaction score
You seem to view candidness as negativity. I didn’t create this thread I just gave an honest opinion. I don’t sugarcoat comments and pull punches when I come here. I don’t post what everyone wants to hear I keep everything real.

Not candidness itself, but consistently negative candidness kinda defeats the whole purpose of this to me. It’s a game, a hobby, a diversion—and continually apologizing or defending or slapping negative labels on it kinda dilutes the fun for many of us.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not candidness itself, but consistently negative candidness kinda defeats the whole purpose of this to me. It’s a game, a hobby, a diversion—and continually apologizing or defending or slapping negative labels on it kinda dilutes the fun for many of us.

There’s no consistent negativity with me and slapping negativity labels on everything is what dilutes the fun. If you’re looking to build a reputation like Rockport that’s up to you. When it comes to hobbies and diversions look no further than the OP.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
No they were a 12-5 team. A weak 12-5 team the way they closed out the season. Nobody paying attention was deceived about that.