Colin: Were the Cowboys a deceiving 12-5 last season?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not every 12-5 team is legit. You’re only as good as the competition you face. We had a winning record against non-playoff teams and losing record against playoff teams.

So did most of the other playoff teams. It happens that way just about every year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So did most of the other playoff teams. It happens that way just about every year.

I haven’t reviewed all the other playoff teams but I doubt any of them built their record up with as many weak teams and QBs as we did. We faced at least four backup QBs that didn’t start the season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven’t reviewed all the other playoff teams but I doubt any of them built their record up with as many weak teams and QBs as we did. We faced at least four backup QBs that didn’t start the season.

so what…it is the way of the NFL. But the whining only applies to Dallas. :facepalm:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
so what…it is the way of the NFL. But the whining only applies to Dallas. :facepalm:

3-5 against playoff teams caught up with us. Were any of the other playoff teams that bad against playoff opponents?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3-5 against playoff teams caught up with us.

More like not being prepared.
Had nothing to do with the teams on the schedule or who was injured or not injured. We had our own injures and still won 12 games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
More like not being prepared.
Had nothing to do with the teams on the schedule or who was injured or not injured. We had our own injures and still won 12 games.

It came down to us not being that good. Two of the three wins we had against playoff teams were against Philly and one of those wins was against their backups. Gardner Minshew and the rest of their backups put up 26 points against our starters.

ghst187

Reaction score
The 49ers and Pats played in terrible divisions for over a decade and got homefield advantage for the playoffs year after year…should we put an asterisk by their wins?

Terry Glenn was hurt in 2007…if not, we easily beat the NYG that year…should we proclaim ourselves champions in 2007?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It came down to us not being that good. Two of the three wins we had against playoff teams were against Philly and one of those wins was against their backups. Gardner Minshew and the rest of their backups put up 26 points against our starters.

And as said before other teams that same thing applies. But yet you and others only apply that to Dallas.

Havic

Reaction score
NFC was weak ** last year and when we had to play quality teams we simply lost. I wouldnt call it deceiving, we played what the schedule dictated but it was clear we were a notch below the top teams.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And as said before other teams that same thing applies. But yet you and others only apply that to Dallas.

What other teams does it apply to? New England was the only other playoff team the Cowboys beat last season and they had a losing record when we beat them and a rookie QB.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Good teams have bad matchups in the playoffs. Just like a good Tennessee team was beat by the bengals. It happens
I see your point, but also I would need to look at who both teams played, all season, and then look at each teams record.
If they had similar records, but one played the harder schedule against good teams, then maybe that team is the better of the 2.

ESisback

Reaction score
There’s no consistent negativity with me and slapping negativity labels on everything is what dilutes the fun. If you’re looking to build a reputation like Rockport that’s up to you. When it comes to hobbies and diversions look no further than the OP.

I’m talking about those that NEVER have an encouraging word about the team, and I’m fairly certain that doesn’t include you. As for Rockport, I’m not really familiar with his reputation, although he SEEMS to condemn virtually everyone.