***College Championship game thread***

Wishbone82

Omaha! Omaha!
Reaction score
This is where the flaws of the hurry up offense really become apparent. Down by 2 scores, run a 4 minute drive, defense right back on the field.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Jones should stay in school at least 1 more year. Did Urban say he is the starting QB next year?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're using some weird field-level cameras during this game. They're throwing my tired eyes off.

Wishbone82

Omaha! Omaha!
Reaction score
Jones should stay in school at least 1 more year. Did Urban say he is the starting QB next year?

He would be foolish to leave to the Pro's so soon... He needs more seasoning (this is his 3rd start?), especially if he gets the starting job next season

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Braxton Miller was in the rumor mill the other day about possibly transferring to Duke. I'd think JT Barrett would get the starting nod, but jeez, how do you keep Jones on the bench

Wishbone82

Omaha! Omaha!
Reaction score
Mariotta is gonna have start pulling some Super Mario magic, otherwise Ohio State could win this going away

Wishbone82

Omaha! Omaha!
Reaction score
Braxton Miller was in the rumor mill the other day about possibly transferring to Duke. I'd think JT Barrett would get the starting nod, but jeez, how do you keep Jones on the bench

If he leads his team to the National Title, it would be really hard to justify him as a back up roll, wouldn't it lol

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He would be foolish to leave to the Pro's so soon... He needs more seasoning (this is his 3rd start?), especially if he gets the starting job next season

He would be the backup next year and has to sit a season if he transfers. Might be his best bet to go pro.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Earlier in the year, maybe half way through or so. Meyer said Miller will retain his starting role. But things have changed since. Barrett really emerged, and now Jones.

In camps last year, Jones was slated the starter early, but Barrett really impressed, as Miller was recovering from injury. Then after Millers shoulder injury, Barrett got most of the reps in practice, so was named the starter over Jones.

Nice problem to have at QB. Rumors of transfers of Miller to actually I heard Oregon, then now Duke. But also
That he will stay at OSU

That's for another day. But I think they all should stay another year.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

I thought Miller was going to FSU?

Wishbone82

Omaha! Omaha!
Reaction score
He would be the backup next year and has to sit a season if he transfers. Might be his best bet to go pro.

Yah i guess if he just wants to just get into the Pro's he can (any position). If he wants to be a first day at QB, he'll need to stay another year or so.

Wishbone82

Omaha! Omaha!
Reaction score
Right now Ohio State is beating Oregon on both lines of scrimmage. If things don't improve there, Ohio State is your NCAA Champ.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Earlier in the year, maybe half way through or so. Meyer said Miller will retain his starting role. But things have changed since. Barrett really emerged, and now Jones.

In camps last year, Jones was slated the starter early, but Barrett really impressed, as Miller was recovering from injury. Then after Millers shoulder injury, Barrett got most of the reps in practice, so was named the starter over Jones.

Nice problem to have at QB. Rumors of transfers of Miller to actually I heard Oregon, then now Duke. But also
That he will stay at OSU

That's for another day. But I think they all should stay another year.

I don't think Barrett can go pro even if he wanted. He is only a redshirt freshman.