College Football 2021 Season

terra

Reaction score
Michigan was just more physical. They rushed for nearly 300 yards and played solid defence. Ohio State was so whipped by the 4th quarter Michigan could do as they please in the 4th.
just goes to show that speed is not everything. sometimes old fashioned muscle will get it done.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Alabama just went 98 or 99 yards in a 1:36 seconds to tie Auburn. They should never even had time to score if the Auburn player just went down in the field of play instead of being forced out. It would have taken 40 seconds of the game clock.

terra

Reaction score
Alabama just went 98 or 99 yards in a 1:36 seconds to tie Auburn. They should never even had time to score if the Auburn player just went down in the field of play instead of being forced out. It would have taken 40 seconds of the game clock.
That is about the third time this year that Alabama escaped a loss to a much less talented team.

ghst187

Reaction score
That is about the third time this year that Alabama escaped a loss to a much less talented team.

they have no business remaining in the top 4. Hopefully UGA takes care of it with a whooping

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Ewers is a phenomenal prospect. He can really spin it with touch and zip.
He is truly an elite prospect with Mahomes-like arm talent.

Will be interesting to see how he does in Austin.
Pretty shocked Sark went as heavy with HS kids this class as he did.
Not many slots left for impact transfers and UT badly needed that.
Another 5-6 win season and he won't be around to coach the guys he just recruited.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
they have no business remaining in the top 4. Hopefully UGA takes care of it with a whooping
This is my biggest gripe with the current format.
Georgia made about 4M MORE dollars by losing that SEC CG.
Why I want to see 6 slots/seeds assigned hard and fast to the 5 P5 conf winners and 6th to highest rated Gof5.
If Georgia was playing for either a 1 or 7 seed they might have put up a bit of a fight at least. But no Bye on the line and they will face the same 2 teams they would have faced had they won in the CFP, but just get a bigger conference pay out?? lol
There is a reason the NFL does that with divisional winners even when they may be some mediocre 9-win team. Makes for more meaningful football games across a long season and thus better ratings.

Bama being a 1 seed is a joke. They had so many poor games rescued by late game luck/magic whatever you prefer to call it.
4 OTs with Auburn, lose to a 4-loss TAMU squad solidly, trail late to Arkansas....
They deserved to be in the CFP (in this down year for dominance) but the mythology awarded SEC teams is just insane.
And it's impossible to ever change that if they get awarded those slots every year while all other results are written off as meaningless. --recall how last year Florida looked like trash in the bowl game and then amazingly this year we found out they actually were trash minus the 4-5 guys who went pro....

DFWJC

Reaction score
This is my biggest gripe with the current format.
Georgia made about 4M MORE dollars by losing that SEC CG.
Why I want to see 6 slots/seeds assigned hard and fast to the 5 P5 conf winners and 6th to highest rated Gof5.
If Georgia was playing for either a 1 or 7 seed they might have put up a bit of a fight at least. But no Bye on the line and they will face the same 2 teams they would have faced had they won in the CFP, but just get a bigger conference pay out?? lol
There is a reason the NFL does that with divisional winners even when they may be some mediocre 9-win team. Makes for more meaningful football games across a long season and thus better ratings.

Bama being a 1 seed is a joke. They had so many poor games rescued by late game luck/magic whatever you prefer to call it.
4 OTs with Auburn, lose to a 4-loss TAMU squad solidly, trail late to Arkansas....
They deserved to be in the CFP (in this down year for dominance) but the mythology awarded SEC teams is just insane.
And it's impossible to ever change that if they get awarded those slots every year while all other results are written off as meaningless. --recall how last year Florida looked like trash in the bowl game and then amazingly this year we found out they actually were trash minus the 4-5 guys who went pro....
Playoff needs to be 8 teams minimum, imo.
The 6 you mentioned as locks and a couple of wildcards from the entire pool

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Big get for Deion and Jackson St

"Florida State has always been a beacon for me," Hunter said in his Twitter post Wednesday. "I grew up down there, that's where my roots are, and I never doubted that I would play for the Seminoles.

"It's a dream that is hard to let go of, but sometimes we are called to step into a bigger future than the one we imagined for ourselves. For me, that future is at Jackson State University."

I feel bad the for the kid. His dream was to go to FSU but he got sold on something "bigger". Dieon would leave Jackson State to coach FSU (his alma mater) in a heart beat.

DFWJC

Reaction score
"Florida State has always been a beacon for me," Hunter said in his Twitter post Wednesday. "I grew up down there, that's where my roots are, and I never doubted that I would play for the Seminoles.

"It's a dream that is hard to let go of, but sometimes we are called to step into a bigger future than the one we imagined for ourselves. For me, that future is at Jackson State University."

I feel bad the for the kid. His dream was to go to FSU but he got sold on something "bigger". Dieon would leave Jackson State to coach FSU (his alma mater) in a heart beat.
Yeah, my FSU grad wife...and especially her football fan friends are a bit bummed out.
That's college sports now.
And the very next year, the kid to leave to anywhere in the portal.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, my FSU grad wife...and especially her football fan friends are a bit bummed out.

Thats true. I forgot its a year to year deal now. Someone must have paid him a boatload of NIL money to go to school there.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Playoff needs to be 8 teams minimum, imo.
The 6 you mentioned as locks and a couple of wildcards from the entire pool
I wouldn't be against 8 if I trusted them at all but reality is we may need 12 teams just to get the 8 best represented.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
FIDHZunWUAIKdof

:muttley:

uvaballa

Reaction score
FSU right now isn’t that great. I think if they were winning more the kid probably would have stayed with them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I wouldn't be against 8 if I trusted them at all but reality is we may need 12 teams just to get the 8 best represented.
We had someone earlier complaining that Cincy made it, saying it should've been Notre Dame.
:rolleyes:
Even though Cincy beat them.

I agree, just get us to 8 or 12