Twitter: Collins has tested 10 a month (passed all)

pansophy

Reaction score
That's a ridiculous amount of testing for just one month.

Mostly shockingly absurd is that they have to drive to some kind of clinic, wait in line, pee and a cup and then be able to do all the team meetings and practices that are mandatory as an NFL player.

If I was Jerry, I would invest in a mobile test clinic for NFL players. Instead of having players go for tests in a certified clinic, get the certified testing staff to go to where the player is at — maybe their home, or at practice, etc.

The NFL is a multi-billion dollar company. There is no reason why the clinic can't go the players and test them where they are rather than to show up at a clinic 10 times a month.
Harder drugs flush out of the system in a few days, unlike marijuana that stays in the system for about a month. Probably explains why he got suspended and why he is being tested so frequently (it's not for pot).

dogberry

Reaction score
How was he notified?

How much times does he have to get to the test site?

If he is fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, what is the procedure?

Mannix

Reaction score
watching channel 8 sports right now here in Dallas, and they are saying that the appeal has already taken place and it was denied sometime ago....said that the Cowboys were aware of the suspension coming down way prior to the first game.....news made no mention of any controversy or unfairness by the NFL.....so I am more confused then ever now. ???

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Missing a test is the same as failing. I didn't hear why he missed but they tried blaming the trainers so it would get reduced to a fine. And that was apparently denied.

ESisback

Reaction score
Missing a test is the same as failing. I didn't hear why he missed but they tried blaming the trainers so it would get reduced to a fine. And that was apparently denied.
It appears like you can’t believe online stuff, because one post claimed Dallas is being dealt with for not fully supporting the league’s stance on a former 49er. Wow!

MikeB80

Reaction score
Goodell added a week because Collins is a Cowboy...j/k

honestly you could actually make the case the league didn’t suspend him a week ago because they wanted a high scoring close game to start the season.

it’s pretty odd the next day they have a s suspension ready to go and could not have done it the previous Friday.

this doesn’t fit the narrative around here though so no one would even consider it since Dallas only loses because the refs are out to get them via goodell’s command.

RoboQB

Reaction score
honestly you could actually make the case the league didn’t suspend him a week ago because they wanted a high scoring close game to start the season.

it’s pretty odd the next day they have a s suspension ready to go and could not have done it the previous Friday.

this doesn’t fit the narrative around here though so no one would even consider it since Dallas only loses because the refs are out to get them via goodell’s command.

No doubt the NFL conducts business as you're indicating.
Still, why 5 weeks when the rule says 4 weeks?

Mostly, it's just fun to blame it on Goodell.

chagus

Reaction score
Dallas get victimized by an OBVIOUS AND CRITICAL non call with seconds left in the game. Next day... this crap! Coincidence?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
nothing like feeling sorry for a drugie making millions and blaming everybody but him.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Harder drugs flush out of the system in a few days, unlike marijuana that stays in the system for about a month. Probably explains why he got suspended and why he is being tested so frequently (it's not for pot).

Possibly. But its probably because he gets tested so much. 10 testings a month is a lot. Especially when your an NFL player that needs to practice alot.

But what I'm saying in my original post is that the testing should meet the players instead of the players having to go to a clinic. There is no reason why an NFL player has to go through so many testings in a month at a clinic. The testing should go to where the players are at.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Players need to ban together and bust the NFL. Bust them .
Richard Sherman called for a lockout instead of a new deal about a year ago, and I agreed 100%... players should be protected financially and performance wise against these bogus suspensions, against bogus fines for football accidents that look like hits worse than they are, bogus "personal conduct police" rules.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
nothing like feeling sorry for a drugie making millions and blaming everybody but him.
CBD/THC doesn't make one a junkie. I don't smoke pot, but my girlfriend not only smokes pot (all ways... her vape pen, joints, bongs, occasionally a blunt), eats cannabis edibles and is a 24/7 stoner... but she GROWS at the Michigan state limits and runs a side business selling at the legal state limits. She is 100% functional and able to work, cook, and be an amazing person and loving partner and she is very intelligent and well written. She also has her master's degree. I would like her to have my children some day, and we have agreed together that it would be 100% safe for her to continue to continue to use cannabis full-time throughout her pregnancy with no harm to our future children. This isn't tobacco, hard drugs, or alcohol we're talking about.

Stop the --bleeping-- stigma. It's --bleeping-- 2021.

Tobacco and alcohol are infinitely --bleeping-- worse.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is up to the NFLPA to represent him, if they feel he's been wrongly suspended. He does have the appeals process to engage.

There is always more to this than we are privy to and the details are not likely going to be made available to the public.