Colombo back as O-Line Coach

RamziD

Reaction score
Bunch of geniuses on this board. Yeah, the OC always brings in his OL coach. Deal breaker for 99% of OCs to not hand pick the OL coach:laugh:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Although I like Colombo, I don't consider him an out-of-the-box thinker who will look at all possibilities with the line.

I have no idea if Williams would be a better right tackle than Collins, but I'd sure like to have a coach who explores that possibility, striving to truly start the best five, whether that's Smith, Williams, Frederick, Martin, Collins or Smith, Collins, Frederick, Martin, Williams or Looney or Sua'Filo starting at left guard.

HanD

Reaction score
Although I like Colombo, I don't consider him an out-of-the-box thinker who will look at all possibilities with the line.

I have no idea if Williams would be a better right tackle than Collins, but I'd sure like to have a coach who explores that possibility, striving to truly start the best five, whether that's Smith, Williams, Frederick, Martin, Collins or Smith, Collins, Frederick, Martin, Williams or Looney or Sua'Filo starting at left guard.

Let's hope we see some of this out of the box thinking in his first off-season as ol coach...

Dre11

Reaction score
So Stephen saying no meetings with coaches hadn't happen, yet a deal was signed today...lol

conner01

Reaction score
So Stephen saying no meetings with coaches hadn't happen, yet a deal was signed today...lol
Lol
Phone calls don’t count
I actually read somewhere they met with whole staff yesterday evening

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bunch of geniuses on this board. Yeah, the OC always brings in his OL coach. Deal breaker for 99% of OCs to not hand pick the OL coach:laugh:
except real thinkers know contracts can be bought out people can be fired , how long was Kingsbury a OC at USC? please lets revisit that? his signing means nothing except theyd like to keep him, if somehow SL gets canned and the new OC states he wants a new OL coach, they move Columbo aroundo or release him and pay the contract, it doesnt count against the salary cap..

CWR

Reaction score
Not every new head coach/coordinator turns over his entire staff.

Its not always a spectacular idea to fire everyone immediately. Sometimes you bring in some key pieces and keep the remaining homegrown talent and then reevaluate in the offseason.

This move doesn't preclude us from hiring a new coordinator necessarily.

Also the idea that some throw around about no one wanting to work for Jerry is utter crap. There is and always has been more talent than job openings. Its also worth note that succeeding in Dallas puts a massive spotlight on you (see Richard.)

As far as Columbo in general he made a difference and I am happy to keep him.

Last edited: