Colombo back as O-Line Coach

Plankton

Reaction score
Cowboys rushing total with Paul Alexander (7 games) - 194 carries for 958 yards (4.94 ypa)
Cowboys rushing total with Marc Colombo (9 games) - 245 carries for 1005 yards (4.10 ypa)

Dak Prescott with Paul Alexander (7 games) - 128 completions out of 206 attempts for 1417 yards (6.88 ypa), 8 TDs, 4 INTs, 23 sacks, 11.1% sack percentage
Dak Prescott with Marc Colombo (9 games) - 228 completions out of 320 attempts for 2121 yards (6.62 ypa), 14 TDs, 4 INTs, 33 sacks, 10.3% sack percentage

While the Cowboys won more after the firing, you can look at the stats and conclude that the offensive line play didn't really improve. Rushing efficiency went down, and the passing YPA went down even with adding Amari Cooper to the offense.

This is not a defense of Paul Alexander's performance as offensive line coach. It's perspective on whether the play of the group changed after the move was made. Leave the won/loss record out of it - that's correlation without causation once you look at the numbers.

If anything, the Cowboys should be in the market for a new line coach.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
OMG not teh Callahans. GOAT!
??? Imo, He was a decent O line coach for us. There seem to be quite a few NFL O-line coaches looking around and moving to different jobs right now. Callahan happens to be one of them. The way he left here, I doubt he will ever want to come back here.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I don't care about that. That's fluff nonsense.

If you wanted to you could go back to August and read about how great it is to have Alexander here. Means nothing.
058.jpg

Gaede

Reaction score
I don't like this. Smells just like the Kellen Moore hire.

They would rather keep the same guys around, even if they aren't proven to be good at their jobs, to stay comfy.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except neutered ones that lost their play calling role and have their headsets disconnected during game time.

Yet another fantasy you guys choose to believe. Jerry’s hardly the only control freak in an ownership or GM position in the NFL. And enough sources have come out and said Garrett’s not the pushover his haters like to pretend he is that we don’t really have to debate it just because you want it to be so.

Garrett is going to assemble his staff. Nobody in any walk of life goes around hiring people the company owner doesn’t approve of or support for essential roles in any organization.

kevm3

Reaction score
I don't really have a problem with that. Given the lack of talent on the O-line, they did better than what I thought they would. Dak had decent time in the rams game. We shouldn't have been running Zeke into Suh and Donald.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Honestly, after watching the Cowboys @ Rams tape explained by ex-coach Cam Cameron on how the Oline didn't know what they were doing, I'm not happy about giving Colombo an extension. :mad:

Take a looksie and see what I mean:

Zman5

Reaction score
This is all about feeling comfortable. Colombo played for JG. He’s not going to rock the boat.
Camp carrot cake.