RELEASED Colombo out; Joe Philbin expected to reunite with McCarthy to coach OL

CWR

Reaction score
Excited to see JJ let a HC do his own thing. Hoping he don’t meddle in it to much. With our current team we should make the playoffs his first year.

Anything less would be a huge disappointment. The expectation imo, is an nfc championship game within 2 years. A big part of why he was hired over an up and coming college coach was to win NOW. He won't make it five years if he doesn't find success quickly.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No I'm done buying into false hype. The couching staff is more experienced but underwelmingly still not great. More importantly we have 26fa. Who ends up starting on the back end of this defense will determine it's success. As of now we might beat the skins but that's it in our division.

Yeah, true, but I think this should be a good season. I really like our coaching staff.

CoachD

Reaction score
Interesting a decision that actually came from the Cowboys head coach and not Jerry!!!

Kaiser

Reaction score
We haven't seen it consistently since 2016 but I really love those plays where our QB has 6 or 7 seconds in the pocket. If they are healthy next year we could go back to "imposing our will on opponents"

Rayman70

Reaction score
This hire plus Tomsula now hired...........I'm liking that McCarthy has hit the ground running.................his "process" seems to be a bit faster than we're used to
CORRECT RON. I agree. Seems Mike is deadly serious about his plan. I LOVE IT. I also gotta give the Jones Boys big cred for FINALLY realizing that square peg round hole syndrome is real and wasn't working. lol ..NOW MAYBE we can strike some fear into other teams and make it to the big dance. I love how Mike M has the ole hellfire and brimstone approach going. He is sparing almost no one. Kris Richard is pretty much gone too. Just read that. Its a brand new Day ron!! Go Cowboys!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Me thinks Jerry and Stevie just finally said they are getting tired of losing and will do whatever it takes to win again. THAT SIMPLE. They obviously have changed their approach pretty drastically. Lets at least give them that. I think the team is 1000% better today than a few days ago. WE ARE IN GOOD HANDS AND ON THE UPWARD SWING.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just wonder what Mike said to Jerry in those couple of days to make him both hire him and let him run the show.

He either drugged him or hypnotized him.
He has video from the sleepover!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Win lose or draw..this was the best coaching hire to date, by any team this offseason. Mike brings a tassel of other top notch coaches with him into the fold. Between them all, they have like 40 years experience. Mike has a plan and has full control of the staff and team. Jerry and Stevie are just cutting checks at this point and oversee'ers. THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

Rayman70

Reaction score
best hire Mike has made so far is John Fassel. The guy may well prove to be the difference maker in close games. Just like Joe Avezzano was for us in the 90's. He is only 49 and the dude just gets players to run thru a wall for him..he is detail oriented...and best of all, a character lol. He got some swag to him.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Angry? At himself? He hired Garrett’s coaches and wouldn’t even let Garrett call plays.
I think Jerry recognizes his own failure. He won’t step away completely, and he doesn’t need to, but it looks like he’s actually going to allow his coach to make all the football decisions.

He took playcalling away from Garrett because he sucked at it. One of the few times I agree with Jerry on this. Wish he would have went further and just fired Garrett completely.

FredRob22

Reaction score
There are even more than that. Nolan was head coach in SF at one time, and even Fassel was an interim coach, with the Rams I think.
Jim Fassel was a head coach for the New York Giants from like 1997-2003. I had to look it up because I thought he had been a HC at one point too. He was even NFL Coach of the Year in 1997.