Colt McCoy

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
If he falls as far as people are saying, the 5th round I want him in Dallas, he would make a great backup when Kitna does the inevitable and in a worse case scenario if Romo gets injured for a few games, I would have trust in McCoy, not as a starter at least not until Romo retires in 7 seasons.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Late pick I would not have an issue with Colt, maybe Shipley in the 2nd rd. Hate to break up a good tandum. :laugh1:

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3186485 said:
Late pick I would not have an issue with Colt, maybe Shipley in the 2nd rd. Hate to break up a good tandum. :laugh1:

Shipley and McGee were a good tandem in high school.

DFWJC

Reaction score
joseephuss;3186658 said:
Shipley and McGee were a good tandem in high school.
That's right. I like McCoy, but if we took him we will have used mid round draft picks two straight years on backup QBs and would possibly be saying we screwed up with McGee. I'd think it's too early to know that.

RS12

Reaction score
McGee showed some flashes in the pre-season, and has some nice measurables. Gil Brandt loved the guy. Lets see what we have first in McGee.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Colt McCoy is a better QB than McGhee. Why is McCoy falling to the 5th?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are they really projecting him to fall all the way to the 4th or 5th round?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3187064 said:

That is what I have seen. I think there are questions about arm strength and well as size. I think Colt could be a steal in this draft for someone late in the draft.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;3187072 said:
That is what I have seen. I think there are questions about arm strength and well as size. I think Colt could be a steal in this draft for someone late in the draft.

I would have no problem if we drafted him after with or after the 5th round...don't think we have a fifth rounder without a trade.

The idea that someone says you should not because we have McGhee at first would sound logical but at the end of the day you can draft a QB every year in the later rounds and hope one pans out and if not you can trade the other to someone and maybe recoup your pick.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3187075 said:
I would have no problem if we drafted him after with or after the 5th round...don't think we have a fifth rounder without a trade.

The idea that someone says you should not because we have McGhee at first would sound logical but at the end of the day you can draft a QB every year in the later rounds and hope one pans out and if not you can trade the other to someone and maybe recoup your pick.

I agree. I would have no issue with Dallas taking Colt if he was on the board late in the draft. He and McGee could battle it out for the spot. I think Colt could be one of those cases where the scouts do not see the full picture of Colt McCoy. Face it they did not see it in Tony Romo or Miles Austin either.

To me Colt would be worth taking a chance late in this draft

DFWJC

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3187064 said:
I've seen him all over the place...but yes, as low as round 4...also as high as mid round 1. I would personally guess he would be gone before the end of round 3.

So, like always, draft projections before the bowls, all-star games, and especially the NFL Combine have to be taken in context.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DFWJC;3187088 said:
I've seen him all over the place...but yes, as low as round 4...also as high as mid round 1. I would persoanlly guess he would be gone before the end of round 3.

So, like always, draft projections before the bowls, all-star games, and especially the NFL Combine have to be taken in context.

True. I think Colt may be a risk in the 1st rd but I think with a good bowl game vs bama along with the workouts in the all star game and the combines Colt will have a chance to elevate his draft status. I would say the same with Tebow and Bradford as well, these guys are a bit too high risk to take in the 1st rd of this draft at least in my opinion and truthfully I have enjoyed watching all 3 play in college football

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3185929 said:
If he falls as far as people are saying, the 5th round I want him in Dallas, he would make a great backup when Kitna does the inevitable and in a worse case scenario if Romo gets injured for a few games, I would have trust in McCoy, not as a starter at least not until Romo retires in 7 seasons.

Glad you arnt running things at VR then.

McCoy has almost zero ability to throw the ball downfield. He's be basically useless here.

His only shot is in somebody's WC offense type system, and even then I dont believe hes going to be any good.

jimmy40

Reaction score
dbair1967;3187145 said:

McCoy has almost zero ability to throw the ball downfield. He's be basically useless here.

His only shot is in somebody's WC offense type system, and even then I dont believe hes going to be any good.
I don't think McCoys going to be a good pro QB but I don't see Romo slinging the ball down field either.

jimmy40

Reaction score
dbair1967;3187145 said:

hell, he's a Romo clone except he can run the ball
[youtube]tLJPU6qoU6Y[/youtube]