Colt McCoy

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3188941 said:
well why not give McGhee them 4 years

thats what I think too...we drafted the guy, at least give him a couple training camps or so to show what he can do.

ghst187

Reaction score
Colt McCoy will look like a deer in headlights in the NFL for at least a few years. It's going to be a colossal leap for him as he plays against some bad defenses in the Big 12 and he runs a pretty simple offense with mostly 2 and 3 receiver routes. When he has played a decent defense that can give multiple looks, he looked like a deer caught in headlights, see OU game. Plus, I don't see McCoy having the big arm strength that the scouts will like although his mobility will be a plus.
If you want a developmental QB, I'd prefer Lefevour.

Shady12

Reaction score
jimmy40;3188865 said:
if he's 6'2" Bradford must be 6'5".

Seeing as how Bradford looks about two inches taller when standing next to each other, 6'2" is about right. But who knows maybe Bradford isn't really 6'4" as listed.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Shady12;3189164 said:
Seeing as how Bradford looks about two inches taller when standing next to each other, 6'2" is about right. But who knows maybe Bradford isn't really 6'4" as listed.
I think Bradford is every bit of 6'4". Doesn't Texas list Colt as 6'3"?

Shady12

Reaction score
jimmy40;3189196 said:

They did until this season. Last season he was 6'3" 215, this season he's 6'2" 210. As a junior in high school he was measured at 6'1" at a Nike camp. And people claimed he hit a growth spurt after that. So he's at least 6'1", coulda grown another inch..guess we'll know in a few months.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40;3189196 said:

all colleges an high schools do that - list every one at least a inch bigger than they really are -
high school I was a even 6' listed every where at 6'1"
in college I was 6'1" I got listed as 6'2" to 6'3"

Silverstar

Reaction score
The Seahawks will draft Colt McCoy with their 1st round pick from Denver...if he's still available.

:cool:

jimmy40

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3189337 said:
all colleges an high schools do that - list every one at least a inch bigger than they really are -
high school I was a even 6' listed every where at 6'1"
in college I was 6'1" I got listed as 6'2" to 6'3"
yeah. I know.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3189481 said:
any reason why?

Several draft sites have McCoy going to Seattle with Denver's pick and I happen to agree with them.

Other sites have him as high as Oakland and as low as Minnesota.

This is nothing new.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Silverstar;3189562 said:
Several draft sites have McCoy going to Seattle with Denver's pick and I happen to agree with them.

Other sites have him as high as Oakland and as low as Minnesota.

This is nothing new.

and others have him undrafted :rolleyes:

I'm a 'Horns fan, so I want him on the 'boys if he falls down to round 4 5 6 or 7.

No way he is going to Oakland he can't throw the ball a mile.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
silverbear;3187804 said:
I don't know where you saw that, Dooms, but I'd doubt the credibility of that source...

My favorite draft source, after years of prowling online draft websites, is NFL Draft Scout... they have McCoy as their 11th rated senior, and a first or second round pick...

My second favorite draft source, Scott Wright's NFL Draft Countdown, has Colt as their 31st rated pick, and once again, a first or second round pick... Great Blue North rates him rated 14th, and a likely first round pick... NFL Draft Dog has him going in the second round in their mock... Draft King has him rated 12th, and a first rounder... and Fantasy Football toolbox ranks him 18th... of the websites I prowl, only Walter's Football Site (which does not have great credibility with me) doesn't have him going in even the first 3 rounds of their mock...

The consensus seems to be that Colt will be drafted somewhere in the second round, and he might sneak into the late first... that sounds about right to me... off his college production, he should rate higher, but there are concerns that he lacks top arm strength, and that might push him down a LITTLE...

But I have seen Colt play in at least 20 games over the last 2 years, and his arm strength isn't THAT bad... I believe that to be successful in the NFL, he needs to go to a West Coast offense, so I'm not as excited about trying to get him into a Cowboys uniform as I once was, but I think that in that sort of offense, he'll be fairly successful...
Do you know how to access the NFLDraftScout website without getting re-directed to CBS?

My biggest concern with McCoy would be -- is he really 6'2"? Next to Tebow he looked like he was about 5'10" and that's just too small for the NFL. Maybe if he's at least 6'1", I'd feel more comfortable.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3189567 said:
and others have him undrafted :rolleyes:

I'm a 'Horns fan, so I want him on the 'boys if he falls down to round 4 5 6 or 7.

No way he is going to Oakland he can't throw the ball a mile.

1. Colt won't go undrafted...anybody thinking that is beyond ignorant.

2. Cowboys won't draft a QB with McGee on board. I'd rather draft a kicker than another QB. We simply don't need a QB...period.

3. Russell is a bust and I think Al Davis knows that. Clausen and Bradford will be snatched up by the Rams and Redstinks, though they might trade down a few spots before doing so. Oakland might like Tebow more, but who really knows what Al Davis will do?

Also, I don't think ANY teams really want McCoy to start in 2010, and would rather wait until the second round to grab him too. However, I feel those same teams might not want to risk losing out on a very mobile QB with 70% accuracy as well. Enter Seattle, who needs a QB to groom behind Hasselback and they have the luxury of that Denver pick. Draft McCoy with that later pick and the pressure is off to start him right away IMO. Like I said, it's this particular scenario I happen to agree with.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Silverstar;3189382 said:
The Seahawks will draft Colt McCoy with their 1st round pick from Denver...if he's still available.

:cool:
Man, it is way, WAY too early to have any clue where these QBs are going. Maybe after the bowl game, all-star games and sexpecially the combines will he a better idea. You really shouldn't even both with random speculation unless you call it that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That would be weird on several levels if Bradford went to the Commanders. I wonder if he finds that name offensive? Doubt it but you never know. lol I bet not enough to take the 5th spot in the draft.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DFWJC;3189806 said:
That would be weird on several levels if Bradford went to the Commanders. I wonder if he finds that name offensive? Doubt it but you never know. lol I bet not enough to take the 5th spot in the draft.

I hope the Commanders get that bust in the making.

Shady12

Reaction score
theogt;3189615 said:
Do you know how to access the NFLDraftScout website without getting re-directed to CBS?

My biggest concern with McCoy would be -- is he really 6'2"? Next to Tebow he looked like he was about 5'10" and that's just too small for the NFL. Maybe if he's at least 6'1", I'd feel more comfortable.

I thought he looked just a hair shorter than Tebow when next to him. Below I quoted myself in the post at the top of the page to address your height concern.

Shady12;3189273 said:
They did until this season. Last season he was 6'3" 215, this season he's 6'2" 210. As a junior in high school he was measured at 6'1" at a Nike camp. And people claimed he hit a growth spurt after that. So he's at least 6'1", coulda grown another inch..guess we'll know in a few months.