Colts hiring Eberflus as DC

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
But isn't Flus a 3-4 coach off Parcell's tree? One I'm sure IF Jerry really wanted Flus to stay.......he would stay. Don't forget Jerry still know how to get what he wants..........1

BTW......someone ask if Ken Norton Jr was avail. No he's not.......think the 49ers signed him LBer/assist head coach

Proof

Reaction score
crap! now we need an LB coach AND a passing game coordinator???

jay94

Reaction score
He's the coach I didn't want to lose, the rest are whatever and wanted to lose Dooley.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me what the fuss is with Eberflus? I mean besides Lee our linebackers or their play havent exactly been great

jwitten82

Reaction score
But I do want marinara gone, I put no resoeck on his name. He can take the ginger with him

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
But isn't Flus a 3-4 coach off Parcell's tree? One I'm sure IF Jerry really wanted Flus to stay.......he would stay. Don't forget Jerry still know how to get what he wants..........1

BTW......someone ask if Ken Norton Jr was avail. No he's not.......think the 49ers signed him LBer/assist head coach

No he never spent any time with parcells. He was a lifelong secondary/db coach in college....toledo and Missouri.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I stand corrected on my earlier post regarding Ken Norton Jr .....my bad

Ken Norton Jr. - LB - Seahawks
Seahawks hired Ken Norton as defensive coordinator.

Norton coached the Seahawks' linebackers from 2010-2014 and is a "comfortable" hire, reuniting with Pete Carroll. He signed a deal on January 8 to work as the 49ers' assistant head coach/linebackers, but Norton can break that contract for a higher-up position. Norton coordinated abominable defenses in Oakland the past two years. After his firing this past season, the Raiders' defense played better down the stretch under John Pagano. Both of Seattle's coordinator hires -- including OC Brian Schottenheimer -- have been thoroughly uninspiring.
Related: Raiders, 49ers

Source: Alex Rozier on Twitter
Jan 15 - 5:35 PM

mmohican29

Reaction score
What's frustrating is that the FO has no plan OTHER than Garrett.

This is why Jones won't can the loser. It's the only plan in place.

The Cowboys are the equivalent of any presently touring 80's glam metal band where the lead singer is someone you know the rest are fill ins or guys from other groups that you once heard in a group that had a hit or two but aren't looking for any more success. It's a hobby for them.

If Marinelli retires, it will be mayhem.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Should I rule out the option for Demarcus Ware to come coach the Line? 3 years I see:

• Witten TE coach
  • Romo O-Coordinator/QB coach
  • Ware D-Line coach
  • Lee LB coach
  • Garrett HC

star-ving

Reaction score
Initially concerning but then I thought...what has he done for this LB corps the past several years?

All we have is Lee who is basically a coach himself, Jaylon the freak, Hitch is pretty solid, and Wilson is decent but haven't seen enough of him.

I'm guessing they have a plan but who knows.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Should I rule out the option for Demarcus Ware to come coach the Line? 3 years I see:

• Witten TE coach
  • Romo O-Coordinator/QB coach
  • Ware D-Line coach
  • Lee LB coach
  • Garrett HC

Pretty sure none of that is going to happen and Leon Lett is going into his 7th season as an assistant here and will most likely become the defensive line coach at some point or move onto another organization who will give him that title.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Initially concerning but then I thought...what has he done for this LB corps the past several years?

All we have is Lee who is basically a coach himself, Jaylon the freak, Hitch is pretty solid, and Wilson is decent but haven't seen enough of him.

I'm guessing they have a plan but who knows.

Well rolando Mcclain was good here when he wanted to play football.

nzochea and bruce carter flamed out although carter had his moments here under ebeflus.

Eberflus was also dealt a tough hand here with constant injuries and then grabbing guys from various places and asking them to play. Back in 2013 when they brought "batman" off his couch to play the final game or two games he actually wasnt terrible. Couple that with how well hitchens played as a rookie and it appears he is a very good coach.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'd sure like to see what Jones and co. do now if Marinelli decides to retire. That'll be fun to watch.

The man did absolutely nothing in Dallas to warrant the team sticking by him for a last hoorah season. Just more idiocy by this team.

GenoT

Reaction score
Really hope Marinelli retires.

That way, Jerry won’t have him to throw under the bus in order to excuse Garrett’s next flameout.

:muttley:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Can't say we ever fielded a great linebacking corps. Not really sure what kind of DC he will be.

CWR

Reaction score
Is this the part where I pretend to have ever heard of him before last week?
Without this place I would still have never heard of him.

I don’t know how to pronounce that name either...

No we've all heard of him. This is the part where you lament about what a terrific coach he is even though I havent seen any tangible evidence.

Now Im not saying he isnt a great coach I just haven't figured out why this board loves him so.

So please with all sarcasm aside someone tell me why we are ruing this day.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Bye E-Flub..it's been great....don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya.

:thumbup:

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Eberflus did a good job here given the talent level he had to work with. I don't see how you can't give him credit for Sean Lee's development, he's been here for almost all of Lee's career.

He did a heck of a job in 2014 when Lee got hurt, especially finding a way to turn a bust like Rolando McClain into a very good MLB. If McClain cared enough about his career, who knows how good this defense could have been. Other than that, the best that Eberflus has had to work with were mid-round draft picks like Hitchens and Wilson and random free agents like Durant.