Colts owner blasts Wentz after disastrous year in Indy

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Or better yet, act your age and be a bit supportive, instead of acting like a petulant, spoiled rotten child who complains whenever you don't get your way.
Homie, I dogged the SLOTH for many years, but I jumped on his bandwagon before the start of this past season when it appeared that maybe just maybe he had finally elevated his game to the next level. But all that changed in the second half when DCs found a work around into the SLOTH's game. They came out and tormented the SLOTH game after game and exposed the SLOTH for what he really is and that's a TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH who doesn't have the ability to lift his team or himself to another level and shame on JJ for weighting down the Cowboys with his ridiculous contract that is going to hurt for years to come if they can't unload the SLOTH to another team. As for a spoiled MFer, that would be HELLS BELLS I am and I'm dam proud of it. As for you HOMIE, you better raise your game if you expect the SLOTH to pick up your contract next year, you see there are other whiny posters like you going for you're job...........

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I think Dak should be as good as he is paid.

He is currently the 5th highest paid QB, right? Behind Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, and Watson. He is not the 5th best QB in the NFL.

He was the 3rd highest paid QB last season behind Mahomes and Allen. He was not the 3rd best QB in the NFL last season.

I don't mind paying a QB if their talents match their contract relative to their peers. There is nobody that believes Dak is the 5th most talented QB in the NFL right now or was the 3rd most talented QB last season.

We're not trolls. We'd just like to see a return for the money that's being tied up in these guys. I don't believe that's too much to ask.

That’s not how contracts work though. The salary bar rises every year. Two QBs of equal caliber will have drastically different salaries depending on when they signed. And QBs typically get more than they’re worth because teams would rather have a starting caliber QB than build from scratch and hope to hit big. The next starting caliber QB who signs will likely set the new bar.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I love it when owners and coaches SPEAK THE TRUTH!

Irsay was spot on and there is no politically correct reason to candy coat that the Colts made a major mistake by acquiring Wentz. And they ejected him EARLY to fix their error. Now Jerry on the other hand??? 10 years of a failed coach learning on the job? Jerry sucks, if you didn't know.

If we had Wentz, Stephen would tell us for the next 5 years that he's as good as any QB in the NFL.

nobody

Reaction score
Quit your lying, lover. I was a huge Romo supporter...until he went Hollywood. Called it then that he wouldn't be mentally capable to lead the team far into the playoffs until he stopped seeking the limelight and took the game more seriously. That didn't happen until he got married, which I came back to support him, but it was too late by then since his body was already breaking down. All facts that happened as called. You lovers simply couldn't handle what Romo had become by his own doing.

The same goes for Dak. If he starts suddenly going Hollywood and starts slacking, trust me, I will become his biggest critic. So far, he hasn't done that. He's shown he's focused and dedicated to get better and recover from any injuries. Have to give him credit and support for that. That's what true Cowboys fans do. You should try it.

His choking in the playoffs was nearly enough for me. Like the rest of the team, he didn't look ready for it. That's on the whole team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That’s not how contracts work though. The salary bar rises every year. Two QBs of equal caliber will have drastically different salaries depending on when they signed. And QBs typically get more than they’re worth because teams would rather have a starting caliber QB than build from scratch and hope to hit big. The next starting caliber QB who signs will likely set the new bar.

I tried explaining that to him......he doesn't care. He went off on a thing that had nothing to do with the answer and then started beating his chest as if he won something. He's actually a pretty good poster but his obsession with Dak has him cooked.

ESisback

Reaction score
The bottom line for me is IT’S A TEAM GAME! There’s a long list of QBs of equal or lesser talents than Dak Prescott who have played in Super Bowls.

IMHO, most players are massively overpaid, and there’s not a single thing we can do about it aside from speculate.

ESisback

Reaction score
Homie, I dogged the SLOTH for many years, but I jumped on his bandwagon before the start of this past season when it appeared that maybe just maybe he had finally elevated his game to the next level. But all that changed in the second half when DCs found a work around into the SLOTH's game. They came out and tormented the SLOTH game after game and exposed the SLOTH for what he really is and that's a TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH who doesn't have the ability to lift his team or himself to another level and shame on JJ for weighting down the Cowboys with his ridiculous contract that is going to hurt for years to come if they can't unload the SLOTH to another team. As for a spoiled MFer, that would be HELLS BELLS I am and I'm dam proud of it. As for you HOMIE, you better raise your game if you expect the SLOTH to pick up your contract next year, you see there are other whiny posters like you going for you're job...........
You lean on the words “Sloth” and “Homie” entirely too much. Time to refresh.

ESisback

Reaction score
Quit your lying, lover. I was a huge Romo supporter...until he went Hollywood. Called it then that he wouldn't be mentally capable to lead the team far into the playoffs until he stopped seeking the limelight and took the game more seriously. That didn't happen until he got married, which I came back to support him, but it was too late by then since his body was already breaking down. All facts that happened as called. You lovers simply couldn't handle what Romo had become by his own doing.

The same goes for Dak. If he starts suddenly going Hollywood and starts slacking, trust me, I will become his biggest critic. So far, he hasn't done that. He's shown he's focused and dedicated to get better and recover from any injuries. Have to give him credit and support for that. That's what true Cowboys fans do. You should try it.
No malice intended, and Romo is ancient history, but when exactly did he “Go Hollywood”? Everything I always read about him said he was driven, putting hours of extra work in.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Im not great with words...and I dont mean to attack you...but I kind of hate your answer.

You come across as reasonable but the meat and potatoes of your stance is near Troll territory.

Heres why:

1) Quarterback is the most important position in all of sports maybe. Its difficult. Finding a capable one is something experts that get paid millions have a hard time figuring out. Do you remember the years between Aikman and Romo? Literally NFL QB's throwing rug burners or couldnt hit an open receiver. It was like 12 to 15 Quarterbacks we went through. Please spare me the argument that College is producing excellent, NFL ready talent now and the probability of hitting on a QB should be easy now a days. Dude...ITS FREAKING DIFFICULT! All these Couch GM's are spouting off that they would have done this or that...but they have nothing of real value on the line in their Couch GMing decisions. Real GM's can get fired if they make the wrong move. Go from making a million or two a year back down to low six figures. Would you want that for your family? I didnt think so. Any sensible person...most of the league was taken by storm with Dak's play actually...would not let Dak walk. He was going to get paid. We can argue that we should have signed him 2 years ago or whatever....but Dak was going to get paid. He can play in this league. No GM is risking their job to not pay Dak or let Dak walk based on his play thus far. Regardless of his record vs good teams or whatever it is that people use to devalue Dak.

2) Did you read the above article and what Irsay said? There is more to winning than one player. Chemistry is a real thing. You can HAVE and PAY the top 8 players in the league on your team...but if the Chemistry is not good the team can be really bad. That means GOOD players can lose. They could be worth their contract but the team still stink. I know you are going to say Dak's individual play sucks or whatever. I still stand by my position that most GM's, guys with significant things of value to lose based on their decisions, are paying the dude.

This was about when I started watching.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No malice intended, and Romo is ancient history, but when exactly did he “Go Hollywood”? Everything I always read about him said he was driven, putting hours of extra work in.
The minute that 2006 season ended and Romo knew he was the new starting QB, he went Hollywood for the next 4+ years until he finally settled down and got married in 2011. By that time, his body was starting to break down due to injuries.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/tony-romo/2650

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So you still can’t grasp how free agency works.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

“DURRRR WHAT DO MARKET VALUE MEAN?????”

I’m sure you’re just embarrassed because just last season, you said Carson Wentz was on Dak’s level.

OOOPS!!! Another humiliating piece of evidence that YOU DON’T KNOW FOOTBALL.

Not only that, but, as I explained on multiple occasions, we had too many holes on D to use a pick on a QB, and the only QB that we might be able to get last year was Mac Jones, who the Cowboys beat, So it's 1-0 to Dak on that one. Oh, and maybe the Bears QB whose confidence seems to be a bit lacking with how poor the Bears' oline is (see the Bears Browns match). Oh, and getting Mac Jones means no Micah Parsons, so that's right out. This is a notoriously weak draft class when it comes to QBs, per multiple experts (https://bleacherreport.com/articles...in-2022-nfl-draft-should-scare-qb-needy-teams). So, assuming we were to let Dak walk, that's 2 years with no QBs in the draft. Oh, and trading for say a Stafford or a Wilson means no 1st round pick in the next 2-3 years. Considering the issues we had on D last year and with our oline, that's right out too. So, logically, we'd be with no QB (see the Quincy Carter, Ryan Leaf, and Stoerner era) for at least 2 years. Oh, and that's assuming the QB class next year is any better, which is not a guarantee. It's almost like some supporters here want to return to the 5-11 days when it seemed like there was no getting out of it. I do not want that as that's what I 1st experienced. The way I saw it, and I think the Jones's did as evidenced by them resigning Dak, is that there was a strong possibility that we'd be back to the 5-11 days if we didn't and would be hoping that we could get a top QB in maybe 3 years at best. Which is better? 3 straight 5-11s? Or at least being able to get titles within this division where we got superiority, and we can build weaknesses while keeping the most important position stable? I'll go with the latter. Plus, here's the other added bonus. Say in 2 years we're not sure we like where we are with Dak and the QB class is good. We may be able to take 1st round QB and let the QB learn behind Dak for a year, in essence, shielding the QB from needing to start straight away. That's a bonus that can't be overstated.

DonaldM

Reaction score
I'll take playoff glory and the Dak homers can have his stats here below.....

P.S. You cannot train a glue factory horse to win the Kentucky derby!

Is that Romo down there in the far right corner?. Made u look..

garbage-truck-unloading-waste-at-a-garbage-dump-in-north-rhine-westphalia-RMCBA6.jpg

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not only that, but, as I explained on multiple occasions, we had too many holes on D to use a pick on a QB, and the only QB that we might be able to get last year was Mac Jones, who the Cowboys beat, So it's 1-0 to Dak on that one. Oh, and maybe the Bears QB whose confidence seems to be a bit lacking with how poor the Bears' oline is (see the Bears Browns match). Oh, and getting Mac Jones means no Micah Parsons, so that's right out. This is a notoriously weak draft class when it comes to QBs, per multiple experts (https://bleacherreport.com/articles...in-2022-nfl-draft-should-scare-qb-needy-teams). So, assuming we were to let Dak walk, that's 2 years with no QBs in the draft. Oh, and trading for say a Stafford or a Wilson means no 1st round pick in the next 2-3 years. Considering the issues we had on D last year and with our oline, that's right out too. So, logically, we'd be with no QB (see the Quincy Carter, Ryan Leaf, and Stoerner era) for at least 2 years. Oh, and that's assuming the QB class next year is any better, which is not a guarantee. It's almost like some supporters here want to return to the 5-11 days when it seemed like there was no getting out of it. I do not want that as that's what I 1st experienced. The way I saw it, and I think the Jones's did as evidenced by them resigning Dak, is that there was a strong possibility that we'd be back to the 5-11 days if we didn't and would be hoping that we could get a top QB in maybe 3 years at best. Which is better? 3 straight 5-11s? Or at least being able to get titles within this division where we got superiority, and we can build weaknesses while keeping the most important position stable? I'll go with the latter. Plus, here's the other added bonus. Say in 2 years we're not sure we like where we are with Dak and the QB class is good. We may be able to take 1st round QB and let the QB learn behind Dak for a year, in essence, shielding the QB from needing to start straight away. That's a bonus that can't be overstated.
:hammer::hammer:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
In essence, to those that want Dak run out ASAP, one reason he was resigned was supply and demand. As was correctly stated, he was going to get paid a lot of money anyway. My point has been clear since 2020. I wanted Dak resigned in 2020 instead of getting tagged because, at the time, I thought he'd be worth about $35 mil based on him being better than Wentz, whose contract was similar. I could also see $38mil at the time because Dak was also a 4th round player compared to the 1st round players who he'd been outperforming and had been earning significantly less. Thus, Dak would naturally earn a bit extra based on that. That said, they tagged him, and were going to need to decide on extending him last year.

Now, $35-38 mil vs $40 mil in terms of QB pay isn't that big of a deal to me. Additionally, as stated, the defence couldn't stop a sloth in 2020. There wasn't much that was good about that side, except maybe Diggs. I think we all knew that side needed work. So, supply and demand became a critical thing with Dak. Had Jerry not procrastinated in 2020 with Dak or had he not let the D completely collapse into disarray, maybe the draft is different in 2021. That said, there was no way the team could use a 1st on a QB as explained, and I explained the rest of the situation in my earlier post. So, the only option was really to extend Dak because QB is the most important position and because there were too many issues to mend in the draft. Additionally, and more importantly, a stable QB that the team knows and understands, and one that knows the playbook is critical. One reason a lot of rookie QBs struggle is because the playbook in the pros and college is not the same, and the speed is much quicker in the pros. Thus, a lot more QBs bust than succeed, including among 1st rounders (see Paxton Lynch, Johnny Manziel, Ryan Leaf, or JaMarcus Russell). So, when you got a QB that clearly you can win with and understands the system, you want to keep that as long as possible. It's also why it can be good to keep Dak and, toward the end of the deal, take another one in round 1 at that time so that the rookie can learn while on the bench (ala Aaron Rodgers).

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
The minute that 2006 season ended and Romo knew he was the new starting QB, he went Hollywood for the next 4+ years until he finally settled down and got married in 2011. By that time, his body was starting to break down due to injuries.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/tony-romo/2650
But how exactly did he “go Hollywood”? Did he work out less? And how do you know his level of commitment, specifically? If you don’t have proof, it’s speculation.