Combine Chatter Thread

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Seriously. I will be so uberly pissed if we don't take a QB. Worse than at any point as a Cowboys fan with the exception of March 1994.

Oh man I hope we draft Ramsey just to make it even worse for you.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think he'll post in the 4.5 range. 4.7 would be extremely damaging to him.

I'm more interested in how the place kickers perform in the 40 here.

Is this sarcasm or are you saying this because you don't think Henry will run an impressive 40?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For us to pick an offensive lineman based on combine drills would be insane. - unnamed NFL head coach

Watch out for the hurled pocket protectors, coach.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Players should be checked medically and if no issue is there they shouldn't have an option of a pro day if they don't workout in all drills at the combine.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For us to pick an offensive lineman based on combine drills would be insane. - unnamed NFL head coach

Watch out for the hurled pocket protectors, coach.

If they only shine in the Combine but not also on tape...I would agree.

If they were good on tape and it is reinforced with a great combine...good to go.

Bruce Campbell from Maryland IIRC did not show much on tape but was not much of anything but he wowed at the combine...not a good thing.

Tyron Smith had good tape and a good Combine...good to go.

I think some people don't get good tape with good combine is ok...bad tape with good combine bad.

I think they are so entrenched in the whole underwear olympics combine warrior mentality that if a player does good in the combine they have to belittle them instead of looking at how the player actually played on the field to see if the combine results reinforced that players tape or was completely different.

Sydla

Reaction score
My only concern with Jack is that I think Willis was a thumper in college, he played ILB in college and banged people around. Jack has never really played it. He's often operating in space given his athletic skills.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He doesn't look like he has that many moves, IMO. Yes, he juked a defender in the open field, but who can't do that?
He does have speed, though. And he hits the hole nicely. I went two minutes into the highlight film and mostly what I saw were bursting-through-the-hole runs.
I didn't see any hole-closed-find-another-hole runs.

Nevertheless, with our offensive line, all he has to do is find the hole and exploit it with his 10.2 speed.

Yeah.. It's a highlight video and it's all that's available.

I have no idea how he runs in trash.

You see power, speed, quick feet, vision, hands, but again it's a highlight video and not a draftbreakdown video.