Combine Chatter Thread

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I've read grumblings that the difference between Stanley and Tunsil is negligible. If the distance was as slim as some projected, I wonder if some might see Stanley as a better prospect if he performs/measures better at the combine. You could legitimately see two OT's go before two QBs in this draft.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I've read grumblings that the difference between Stanley and Tunsil is negligible. If the distance was as slim as some projected, I wonder if some might see Stanley as a better prospect if he performs/measures better at the combine. You could legitimately see two OT's go before two QBs in this draft.

In physical measurements, yes. They are pretty close.

Watching them play? Tunsil looks like Tyron Smith's twin brother. Stanley? Not so much. Still pretty good, but not nearly as athletic or mechanically smooth.

Alexander

Reaction score
That's a good weight for Collins. Heavier than I expected. Elliot is a friggin' mack truck with nitrous and F1 suspension. Damn, I'd love to get that kid.

Height is not that important to me. In fact, short RBs can have some advantages.

All eyes on Myle Jack for weigh-in though...

Irrelevant to me. He's not running. Don't care what he weighs right now. I won't pay attention until his Pro Day.

Besides, he will probably weigh more now to impress people, then shed the weight so he can run faster.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Height is not that important to me. In fact, short RBs can have some advantages.

Irrelevant to me. He's not running. Don't care what he weighs right now. I won't pay attention until his Pro Day.

Besides, he will probably weigh more now to impress people, then shed the weight so he can run faster.

Agreed, that's why I commented on his weight.

The Jack comment was more of a jab at certain posters ;)

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score

I like Elliott a lot. It's a shame we won't be drafting him. I liked you drafting him to the Colts. What a fit.

Alexander

Reaction score
I like Elliott a lot. It's a shame we won't be drafting him. I liked you drafting him to the Colts. What a fit.

He would be a great fit in Dallas as well. The actual impact instant starter who could change the team.

But people only say they want the instant impact starter when it fits with what they think the team needs.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
He would be a great fit in Dallas as well. The actual impact instant starter who could change the team. But people only say instant impact starter when it fits with what they thing the team needs.

Elliott would, in my opinion, be the most impactful rookie we could draft in regards to his rookie season. If the Cowboys determine that none of the top 3 QBs are worthy of the pick, I'd love an 8-10 pick trade down to net an extra 2nd and draft Elliott.

Alexander

Reaction score
Small hands. Might explain his fumble issues this season. That is, however, heavier than I expected him to be. If he comes out and runs a blazing 40 at that weight, as many expect him to, he is going to shoot up boards.

He might move a little up past or up to players like Collins, Perkins, Drake and Howard. He still won't threaten the top two backs IMO.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He might move a little up past or up to players like Collins, Perkins, Drake and Howard. He still won't threaten the top two backs IMO.

I could honestly see him jumping into the late first or early second. He offers incredible flexibility, catching like a wide receiver while showing good vision and burst as a runningback. I can see a team falling in love with him and over drafting. He's one of those kinds of prospects.

Oh god, did I just describe the Cowboys?!