Combine Chatter Thread

KDM256

Reaction score
I think the exact opposite. Of all the TBs scheduled to fall in the first or second round range, I think he might have the greatest chance of busting.

Care to elaborate a little more on why Henry has the greatest chance of busting?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There he goes again. Preaching Wentz to Dallas for the same reasons I've been saying.

So Mel says no and Mayock says yes.

This is Stephen King type **** to me.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For some reason I really want to see it. Not because I don't believe it, but because it has to be a spectacle. He probably had batters out as soon as his giant feet touched the rubber.

Reader is a freak. Beastly. Criminally underrated.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The absolute best case scenario for the Cowboys with their first two picks is Wentz and Elliott. If I'm Dallas I spend the combine week starting rumors that Elliott's on teh drugs.

You're not concerned about wentz constantly throwing wobblers and with a hitch in his windup?

Sydla

Reaction score
Care to elaborate a little more on why Henry has the greatest chance of busting?

A few.

I think guys like Henry that don't have a lot of wiggle and quick cutting ability to tend to struggle.

I also think the history of recent Bama tailbacks is a bit interesting. Richardson was a bust. Ingram has been OK. Yeldon is a rookie so can't really tell on him.

Some people have opined that one reason Bama TBs struggle is the talk of overuse and just being beat down playing in Saban's program. Richardson carried the ball 283 times his last year at Bama for 540 carries overall. Henry? A whopping 395 carries his last season and over 600 in his career.

JPostSam

Reaction score
A few.

I think guys like Henry that don't have a lot of wiggle and quick cutting ability to tend to struggle.

I also think the history of recent Bama tailbacks is a bit interesting. Richardson was a bust. Ingram has been OK. Yeldon is a rookie so can't really tell on him.

Some people have opined that one reason Bama TBs struggle is the talk of overuse and just being beat down playing in Saban's program. Richardson carried the ball 283 times his last year at Bama for 540 carries overall. Henry? A whopping 395 carries his last season and over 600 in his career.

if he's "all washed up" after 8 years and 10,000 yards, i'll worry about finding a new guy then.

randle was fresh. so was felix jones.

i want to see henry take a handoff behind tyron smith and la'el collins.

Sydla

Reaction score
if he's "all washed up" after 8 years and 10,000 yards, i'll worry about finding a new guy then.

randle was fresh. so was felix jones.

i want to see henry take a handoff behind tyron smith and la'el collins.

Except Richardson was beaten down before he even got to the NFL. The Randle and Jones analogies are silly.

I just don't think he's a guarantee to be a big time NFL player. I honestly think he's a guy who could find himself beaten and worn down long before he gets to 10,000 yards in the NFL.

I also am one that thinks you don't necessarily need to use a first or second round pick on a TB to get a top notch running game.