Combine Chatter Thread

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a tweet from a writer supposedly quoting a scout saying they feel Nkemdiche is "full of ****". Can't post it because it's not censored.

Sydla

Reaction score
There's a tweet from a writer supposedly quoting a scout saying they feel Nkemdiche is "full of ****". Can't post it because it's not censored.

Meaning he was probably high as a kite and not drunk?

Seemed like a pretty weak excuse today by the kid. If it's proven to be false, teams are going to not be happy about that.

Sydla

Reaction score
Cowboys apparently scheduled to meet with Paxton Lynch tonight.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
1st round - No QB. Win now mode.

2nd round - Jaylon Smith. It's not a damn debate.

Jalen Ramsey in the first.

After Jalen Ramsey in the 1st- Err, ehm, {lipsmack} we felt, together, collectively that Jeelan was the best player we could take that would help the Cahboys get where we see for 2016. We are in a place now where we felt he was the best player for our time, right now.

Round 2 - Well, as you know {grinning and looks at camera}, when you have an eppertunity to draft a player of Jaylun's skill and I mean it was out there, you all saw it, you have to take chances sometimes for the future. I am used to taking those chances. {stares at camera and winks}

Alexander

Reaction score

It has been out there that there was something wrong with him for a while.

I can see how that opinion could have been solidified today.

No way I draft him. He is "in the box" if I run a team.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey in the first.

After Jalen Ramsey in the 1st- Err, ehm, {lipsmack} we felt, together, collectively that Jeelan was the best player we could take that would help the Cahboys get where we see for 2016. We are in a place now where we felt he was the best player for our time, right now.

Round 2 - Well, as you know {grinning and looks at camera}, when you have an eppertunity to draft a player of Jaylun's skill and I mean it was out there, you all saw it, you have to take chances sometimes for the future. I am used to taking those chances. {stares at camera and winks}

Take Jalen Mills in the 3rd and call it a day. Jaylens all around.

It will be sad about @Risen Star throwing himself off the bridge but still, Jaylons!

Alexander

Reaction score
Wow! Down to a mid-round pick? He may not be drafted at all. Feel bad for him.

If I am the team with the first pick of the fourth round, I absolutely take him.

He is tempting, no doubt, but that injury looked so gruesome.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It has been out there that there was something wrong with him for a while.

I can see how that opinion could have been solidified today.

No way I draft him. He is "in the box" if I run a team.

Pretty much, yeah. My thing is the stupidity it takes to act this way at the combine trumps even the event with falling out a window or taking plays off. Just like with Gregory. It wasn't just a failed drug test. He failed it at the combine. That is special stupidity. I just don't think anyone can be that stupid and turn things around. Ever.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is the draft not the greatest? So many variables at play. So much to consider. You look like a genius one pick and a moron the next.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I think I want DeForrest Buckner and Christian hackenberg(R3).

And I want us to take the fastest RB and fastest WR were so slow

RoboQB

Reaction score
He ran an unofficial 4.29. Which is the same time CJ ran. However they said he was .005 off his time unofficially. .05 off would be 4.34.

CJ ran a 4.24... the Marshall kid ran a 4.29 today... that's "five one hundredths", or .05, slower than CJ's record of 4.24.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The scary thing is Nkemdiche is really in play for the Cowboys. Their kind of risk on a big talent and it's a position of need. I could easily see him being that first round grade they have available at 34.