Combine Chatter Thread

TheFinisher

Reaction score
One name I think is going to start getting thrown around a lot at #4 for us is Buckner - he's going to have a good weekend. Strikes me more as a 3-4 guy though.

He would be an odd fit here, but he's got some versatility to him. Could probably play both DT spots and moonlight at LE on run downs. Wouldn't hate it.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So Noah Spence's arms measured at 31 inches at the Senior Bowl and 33 inches at the Combine.

Anybody interested in a pass rusher who you can't rely on to keep his arms consistently at a good length? I'm not. He'll be dropping.

who also has a drug problem?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Jared looked okay, but ugh, this QB draft class blows. Not impressed with Cook at all.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I hear a lot of people say that Goff makes more sense to #2 since he's more ready to step in immediately, but my counterpoint is simply this: what makes you think the Browns are anywhere close to being good right now?

hendog

Reaction score
I hear a lot of people say that Goff makes more sense to #2 since he's more ready to step in immediately, but my counterpoint is simply this: what makes you think the Browns are anywhere close to being good right now?

They're not close, and haven't been for a while. But just how long do you think Jackson gets to turn this dumpster fire around? Shurmer got 2 yrs. Chudzinski got one year. Pettine got 2. My guess is he better start winning and quick.

visionary

Reaction score
Stay away from Cardale Jones please
I'll take Joshua Perry as a "mid round" future starter

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess the length of Spence's arms is dependent on whether he's reaching for a doobie.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Todd - Of the wide receivers in the first group this morning, I think Josh Doctson (TCU) and Leonte Carroo (Rutgers) are standing out. Doctson ran a good 40-time of 4.50 (official) for 6-foot-2 and 202 pounds, and continues to show excellent ball skills. He should be a top 50 pick. Carroo has shown strong hands and body control in drills. Also ran a good 40 time of 4.50 at 6-feet, 211 pounds. In other news; the fastest two official 40-yard dash times of the first group of wide receivers: Will Fuller, Notre Dame (4.32) and Kolby Listenbee, TCU (4.35).

Plankton

Reaction score
So Noah Spence's arms measured at 31 inches at the Senior Bowl and 33 inches at the Combine.

Anybody interested in a pass rusher who you can't rely on to keep his arms consistently at a good length? I'm not. He'll be dropping.

hqdefault.jpg

Avery

Reaction score
Boyd looks like a natural receiver - just snatches the ball.

Sydla

Reaction score
Odd tidbit on the Smith news about his knee. The doctor, Dr. Chao, who kind of started the firestorm in the last day or so by saying he noticed Smith was wearing that special brace, quit as the team doc for the Chargers, but likely did so after claims of malpractice and other problems such as losing his privileges at some local hospitals.

Plankton

Reaction score
Carroo is an interesting prospect - excellent size/speed combo, and didn't play with anything resembling a competent quarterback while in college. Were it not for his domestic violence issues, he would go a lot higher.

Avery

Reaction score
Odd tidbit on the Smith news about his knee. The doctor, Dr. Chao, who kind of started the firestorm in the last day or so by saying he noticed Smith was wearing that special brace, quit as the team doc for the Chargers, but likely did so after claims of malpractice and other problems such as losing his privileges at some local hospitals.

That not withstanding, it can't be argued that Smith was wearing an AFO brace which isn't applied unless there is nerve concerns.

I think teams will trust their own docs and if they give the okay, a team at the backend of the first will give him a redshirt year as his talent can't be argued.

Macnalty

Reaction score
The scary thing is Nkemdiche is really in play for the Cowboys. Their kind of risk on a big talent and it's a position of need. I could easily see him being that first round grade they have available at 34.

Not worried about the Cowboys with this guy(Nkemdiche) when we have the king of BS in Valley Ranch, he can smell BS competition a mile away.