Combine Chatter Thread

locked&loaded

Reaction score
are any of you watching the nfl.com video?

so brutal.

"supernatural,supernatural,supernatural"

Hailmary

Reaction score
Boyd looking ultra smooth. Don't be turned off by the less than stellar 40 time. His balance and lack of wasted motion in and out of his cuts will get him to where he needs to get to as fast as a 4.4 guy.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winners

1. Ronald Blair, DE, Appalachian State
At just 6-2, I was unsure what kind of length Blair would bring to the position, but whopping 34-inch arms and 10 1/4-inch hands were wildly impressive measurements. He’s a solid mid-round option who plays with his hair on fire and can probably be a strong-side 4-3 defensive end.

2. DeForest Buckner, DL, Oregon
491228966.jpg
We all knew Buckner was going to look good on the hoof, and he did not disappoint at 6-7, 291 pounds, and 34 3/8 arms to go with his mammoth 11 3/4 mitts. Massive human being.

3. Matt Judon, DE, Grand Valley State
At 6-3, 275, Judon carries his weight well and has the desired length for the position with arms that checked in just below 34 inches. In a weak edge rusher class, a team could take a swing at his potential in the mid rounds, maybe higher if he tests well.

4. Chris Jones, DL, Mississippi State
183725488.jpg
There were so many impressive DL measurements it is hard to know where to draw the line, but Chris Jones at 6-6, 310 with 34 1/2 arms and 10 3/4 hands has to make the list. I think he’s gonna have a big day Sunday.

5. Joshua Perry, LB, Ohio State
459113055.jpg
I like Perry as a mid-rounder who can develop into a starter, but he’s on this list purely because his size is going to be noteworthy if he runs and tests well. 6-4, 254, with VINES for arms at just a hair under 34 inches. Checks a lot of boxes and plays physical, but a lot of people question his fluidity for the position.

6. Leonard Floyd, EDGE/LB, Georgia
180479945.jpg
Listed at 6-4, 230 in college, Floyd crushed the weigh-in by tipping the scales at 244 well-distrubted pounds over a 6-6 frame. That weight will put him on 3-4 teams’ radar as a possible edge rusher, especially if he tests like an elite athlete on Sunday.

7. Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
myles-jack.jpg
It didn’t surprise me, but Jack checking in at 6-1, 245 pounds with 33 5/8 arms should quiet the grumbles about his size. I think I speak for everyone when I say that I’d give my right arm to see Jack test in combine drills.

8. Noah Spence, EDGE, Eastern Kentucky
507723810.jpg
Spence killed it in his media session apparently, but it was his weigh-in that checked off the important boxes for me. The edge rusher’s arms were just 31 inches at the Senior Bowl, but checked in at 33 inches in Indianapolis, a discrepancy that makes no sense. 251 pounds is the perfect weight for his 6-2 frame, and Spence’s 10 3/4 hands were bigger than every other linebacker except Blake Martinez. He’s going top 8 folks.

Losers

1. Scooby Wright, LB, Arizona
scooby-wright.jpg
Wright has a lot riding on his on-field drills Sunday, but his measurement results did not get his weekend started on a high note. At 6-0, 239 pounds with just 30 1/2-inch arms, Wright’s size and athleticism could both be under question if he doesn’t impress scouts with his workouts.

2. Joe Schobert, LB/EDGE, Wisconsin
490893606.jpg
It wasn’t necessarily a bad weigh-in for Schobert at 6-1, 244 pounds with 31 1/2 arms, but I don’t think many teams are going to see him as a 3-4 outside linebacker at those numbers. That probably puts extra pressure on Schobert to run and test well to show he can operate in space as an off-ball linebacker.

3. Deion Jones, LB, LSU
455457184.jpg
Jones is probably gonna test tremendously on Sunday (he needs to), but how many teams are gonna love a 222-pound linebacker, who knew he had to gain weight after his 219-pound showing in Mobile, yet could still only put on three pounds in a month?

4. Dean Lowry, DL, Northwestern
455796190.jpg
One of the strangest measurements of the weigh-in was Lowry’s 31-inch arms attached to a 6-6, 296-pound frame. He’s built like a 5-technique, but his lack of length will take him right off several 3-4 teams’ boards.

5. Alex McCalister, EDGE/LB, Florida
497336598.jpg
McCalister is another physical enigma, boasting a 6-6 frame with ridiculous 36-inch arms, but somehow only weighing in at 239 pounds. I’ve seen some of his tape, and I have no idea what to do with him in the NFL. Really looking forward to seeing his workout times.

6. Dadi Nicolas, EDGE, Virginia Tech
487982110.jpg
Nicolas is going to have to test off the charts to make NFL teams believe he can be an outside linebacker, because there is no way he can play defensive end at 235 pounds. Dadi is re-defining the word tweener, and not in a good way.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They have spent the last five minutes talking about Tim Tebow.

Are you kidding me?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Noah Spence's arms measured at 31 inches at the Senior Bowl and 33 inches at the Combine.

Anybody interested in a pass rusher who you can't rely on to keep his arms consistently at a good length? I'm not. He'll be dropping.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
One name I think is going to start getting thrown around a lot at #4 for us is Buckner - he's going to have a good weekend. Strikes me more as a 3-4 guy though.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Boys is going to be a good one, I am not sure we are in the market for WR that high though.