Combine Chatter Thread

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
been watching the combine since this morning.. gotta say, Wentz and Goff are growing on me (was and still am, although to a lesser degree, very much opposed to drafting a QB at #4).. Lynch has all of the measurables, but his bowl performance has still left a very bad taste in my mouth.. gonna take a lot to get it out, we shall see

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
been watching the combine since this morning.. gotta say, Wentz and Goff are growing on me (was and still am, although to a lesser degree, very much opposed to drafting a QB at #4).. Lynch has all of the measurables, but his bowl performance has still left a very bad taste in my mouth.. gonna take a lot to get it out, we shall see

If there's one thing I can personally vouch for it's that Wentz will leave a good taste in your mouth.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This Marquez North is quite the specimen. He just doesn't have much of a body of work to evaluate.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Here's the thing I don't like about Todd McShay: he's a regurgitator of information. His opinions are really a summation of what everyone else always says without adding any critical thought or difference to the masses.

McShay claims to watch tape, but to me, he has an army of interns that do it for him, gives him the notes and passes it off as himself.

Thank you for this. I've said it for a few years now. He started out his career by essentially waiting for Mel to make a claim and then finding an opposite argument.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Teams will do their own evaluation with their own guys, but wearing an AFO brace isn't something you wear unless you have nerve concerns.

Really? I wore one for a little while after breaking my ankle in a few places. Never had the doctor mention anything about nerve issues. Maybe it's different for knees?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Odd tidbit on the Smith news about his knee. The doctor, Dr. Chao, who kind of started the firestorm in the last day or so by saying he noticed Smith was wearing that special brace, quit as the team doc for the Chargers, but likely did so after claims of malpractice and other problems such as losing his privileges at some local hospitals.

That's some good investigative work. We'll probably read that on ESPN in six months.

Last edited:

IAmLegend

Reaction score
This is great lol. And then they refer to Wentz as "the next former Browns QB. (they are apparently mocking Wisconsin QB Joel Stave just fyi)

Reaction score
I'm sure Treadwell tape is better than what he is showing here. Not very impressive.

RS12

Reaction score
I'm betting we don't take a single WR this draft; if we did, it would probably be a late comp pick.

I bet they have their eye on Mike Thomas out of Southern Miss who for some reason wasnt invited to the combine.