Comics and Movies

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/da...-not-asked-marvel-join-born-again-1235435877/

Daredevil’ star Deborah Ann Woll: “ Marvel hasn’t called me to join Disney reboot- so I am not part of it “

220px-Deborah_Ann_Woll_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

.... :( (sigh) ...heartbreakin' ..
Meh

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deborah (Karen) was such a cutie, she paralyzed me with her gorgeous looks.
But i got into intrigue with just about every cast member of the DD series.
Which is unusual when it comes to hero series.

And yet another reason why Netflix's version was just so unique and outstanding.
and why it is gonna have such a task for Disney to live up to the expectation level of Netflix.

If no " Karen Page "... will there be a Stick ?.. Foggy ? .. Wesley ? .. i wonder if there are plans for those characters ?
Stick i would very strongly assume has to be a go.

Stickdd.png
"Paralyzed?"

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Deborah (Karen) was such a cutie, she paralyzed me with her gorgeous looks.
But i got into intrigue with just about every cast member of the DD series.
Which is unusual when it comes to hero series.

And yet another reason why Netflix's version was just so unique and outstanding.
and why it is gonna have such a task for Disney to live up to the expectation level of Netflix.

If no " Karen Page "... will there be a Stick ?.. Foggy ? .. Wesley ? .. i wonder if there are plans for those characters ?
Stick i would very strongly assume has to be a go.

Stickdd.png
Pretty sure I heard the actor playing Foggy was coming. I hope so, he was a perfect Foggy.
Disappointed to hear that Deborah isn't coming back, she's a cutie and a nerd in real life, even still plays D&D.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Titans: 10 Best Teen Titans Members Who Should Be Introduced In The Show Next
By Bradley Prom | Screen Rant
November 22, 2022

The HBO Max series Titans has returned for its fourth season, and it’s already off to a dark and intriguing look. This season is going to be different from the previous three. Although twelve episodes in total, it is being split into two parts, with the new episodes debuting until December 1st. There is currently no official date as to when the second part will premiere, but this creates an interesting opportunity for an epic cliffhanger as the Titans find new and menacing enemies in Brother Blood, Mother Mayhem, Jinx, and more.

There is also no official word on if there will be a fifth season of Titans. It is a popular series among fans, giving special focus in live-action to characters who probably won’t feature in the DCU unless the universes merge. However, as with the rest of the newly-christened DC Studios, hopefully, James Gunn and Peter Safran see the interest and allow for more stories to be told in Titans. As such, they should then incorporate some missing members of the Teen Titans. Whether they officially join the team in Titans or appear in supporting roles, these comics heroes should be at the top of any consideration list for new characters in season 5.

Read more

x9lPa40.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Looks like this will be the final season. Crap. :(

Another youngling is almost grown up. Seems like yesterday Dafne Keen was just a kid. Now she is less than a month away from turning 18. I think her generation will really enjoy her screen work for many years to come.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anyone think the new series will be any good?
The trailers look good. The original movie was produced by Lucasfilm and MGM. It is almost tailor made for Disney+. I would say it has an above average chance of being very entertaining.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The trailers look good. The original movie was produced by Lucasfilm and MGM. It is almost tailor made for Disney+. I would say it has an above average chance of being very entertaining.

I went back and watched the movie. I had not seen it since I was small. I thought it was pretty good. I don't know if they remastered it, but the quality was good too.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bambi to become 'a vicious killing machine' in new horror movie Bambi: The Reckoning
By Emlyn Travis | Entertainment Weekly
November 26, 2022

Hunters, beware: There's a new Great Prince of the Forest… and he's on a murderous rampage.

For the past 80 years, Bambi and his woodland pals Thumper and Flower have maintained a sweet, wholesome image thanks to the eponymous 1942 Disney film. Now, the once-adorable deer is set to show off his dark side in the upcoming horror movie Bambi: The Reckoning, EW has confirmed. The horror site Dread Central first reported the news.

From ITN Studios and Jagged Edge Productions, the macabre reimagining of Felix Salten's 1923 novel Bambi, a Life in the Woods will begin production in January with filmmaker Scott Jeffrey at its helm. Rhys Frake-Waterfield, who directed the notorious upcoming slasher flick Winnie-The-Pooh: Blood and Honey, will continue his streak of ruining our childhoods, serving as the movie's producer.

Read more

If this movie idea does not demand a Disney/Warner Bros crossover for a Elmer Fudd cameo as the hunter, NOTHING does.

"shh! Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting deer. huh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh!" :lmao2:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bambi to become 'a vicious killing machine' in new horror movie Bambi: The Reckoning
By Emlyn Travis | Entertainment Weekly
November 26, 2022

Hunters, beware: There's a new Great Prince of the Forest… and he's on a murderous rampage.

For the past 80 years, Bambi and his woodland pals Thumper and Flower have maintained a sweet, wholesome image thanks to the eponymous 1942 Disney film. Now, the once-adorable deer is set to show off his dark side in the upcoming horror movie Bambi: The Reckoning, EW has confirmed. The horror site Dread Central first reported the news.

From ITN Studios and Jagged Edge Productions, the macabre reimagining of Felix Salten's 1923 novel Bambi, a Life in the Woods will begin production in January with filmmaker Scott Jeffrey at its helm. Rhys Frake-Waterfield, who directed the notorious upcoming slasher flick Winnie-The-Pooh: Blood and Honey, will continue his streak of ruining our childhoods, serving as the movie's producer.

Read more

If this movie idea does not demand a Disney/Warner Bros crossover for a Elmer Fudd cameo as the hunter, NOTHING does.

"shh! Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting deer. huh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh!" :lmao2:
Wasn't there another movie recently, along the same lines, in which a wholesome childhood memory turned homicidal? I vaguely remember seeing a trailer for something last year...Oh wait, I think it was Winnie the Pooh.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any member wishing to continue voting in the Best DC/Marvel Movies of 2022 poll can still do so inside this thread (or until I can figure out how to relocate polls to different threads :) ).

I have moved all the posts related to that sub-discussion to this thread: https://cowboyszone.com/threads/best-dc-marvel-movies-of-2022.503720/. It may get more attention in a separate dedicated thread instead of buried within this one. :D

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Warner Bros. Discovery and Amazon are teaming up to produce new animated DC projects
By Charles Pulliam-Moore | The Verge
November 30, 2022

Warner Bros. Discovery’s television-focused production arm is partnering with Amazon Studios to create new animated projects based on DC Comics’ IP, yet another sign of how the company is changing under CEO David Zaslav’s leadership.

During a keynote session at C21Media’s annual Content London event this week, Warner Bros. Television Studios chairwoman Channing Dungey opened up about some of the new moves the company plans to make as part of Zaslav’s vision for its future. According to Variety, Dungey expressed excitement for her division in particular, and pointed to Zaslav’s openness to collaborating with outside production outfits as one of the major reasons why. Unlike the old guard who felt like “everything has to stay in-house; we don’t want anything to go outside,” Dungey said that Zaslav’s been far more keen on the idea of working with others, and getting the studio’s content onto platforms it doesn’t own outright.

“David Zaslav has been much more open to exploring all of our animated IP and being able to do it on different platforms,” Dungey said. “Certainly, HBO Max is going to be our first stop, but we’re already in the process of closing a big deal with Amazon that’s going to feature some of our DC-branded content in animation.”

While Dungey didn’t go into detail about what all the big Amazon deal entails — like whether these new projects will live on both Amazon Prime and whatever HBO Max is fated to become — earlier this month, Zaslav made very clear his desire to double down on existing IP like Superman. Zaslav’s also stated that he’s interested in returning to the world of Harry Potter to cash in on the franchise’s still-extant popularity, a sentiment Dungey echoed and said that the studio is currently having “a number of different conversations about.”

Read more