Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
gF0Yee7.jpg

Hang up after around 80 seconds. It's on a loop. :muttley:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I agree. The fact is that the show just wasn’t very good. It had nothing to do with the reasons she tried to use. In fact, both the exposure to the character’s culture, and her in the lead role, we’re two if the few things I actually enjoyed. The fact is, the overall story wasn’t very good or exciting. That was the issue.

I wonder what the excuses will be when The Marvels doesn’t do well?
I'm with you on that, those were two things I did enjoy about the show. The show was okay, just wasn't for me, seems like it was meant to appeal to a younger generation of fans and that's fine and there's nothing wrong with that. It had zero to do with any social commentaries, it was about the style and the story.

I read comic books, but I didn't read every one or liked every one. They don't need to blame people having different tastes on societal issues.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Not sure why but your comment made me think of how I would assign old style school grades to the Marvel superhero movies distributed by Fox. No pluses or minuses either. Just straight:

A = 4
B = 3
C = 2
D = 1
F = 0​

--according to how I felt the movie matched the comic book material in my opinion. These would be my grades (provided I did not omit any the studio's films):

B X-Men (2000)
D Daredevil (2003)
B X2 (2003)
F Elektra (2005)
C Fantastic Four (2005)
F X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
C Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)
D X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
A X-Men: First Class (2011)
C The Wolverine (2013)
B X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
F Fantastic Four (2015)
B Deadpool (2016)
C X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
A Logan (2017)
C Deadpool 2 (2018)
F X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)
D The New Mutants (2020)

My overall grade would be 1.8, rounded off to a 2 or a C. That would match my blanket judgment of Fox's efforts. In other words, just average altogether.

Thinking about doing a report card for Disney and its MCU. Somehow I get the feeling my grade for them will not be quite as low as Fox's. :p As far as the X-Men films, I had the urge to re-post one of my favorite animated gifs I created concerning them too. :D

2nCYuKw.gif
Logan was good. That's it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Logan was good. That's it.
Well, I imagine "good", from a writer's perspective isn't necessarily the same as "entertaining", from the general public's point of view. Most of us schlubs are just looking for an escape from reality, and don't wanna think too hard about it...except for @DallasEast . He likes to dissect every piece of film or video he can get his nerdy little hands on! He probably even calls the phone numbers that are shown in prop advertisements in TV shows!
:muttley: