Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My tickets are purchased for Doctor Strange.
Nowadays, ticket buyers have the option of picking specific theater seats. My favorite theater has a good track record of reserving an adequate number of screens for new releases. Individual rooms are rarely sold out.

For those reasons, I will usually wait until the day I go see the movie to buy tickets. My Cinemark app allows me to pick-and-choose the seat and row I want, which is usually an aisle seat among the back rows.

Of course, it will be my bad luck that DS2 draws a heavier-than-normal large crowd on opening weekend. Then I will get stuck reserving a seat in the middle of some families with young children or a rowdy group of friends. That would suck. :(

nobody

Reaction score
Last time I went to the movies, I went with my nephew, his gf, his kid, and a friend of his. Next day he called me to tell me three of them had that which we're not supposed to mention in any but one specific thread. I don't think I got it, but I'm a little nervous about taking chances now.

I can understand that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nowadays, ticket buyers have the option of picking specific theater seats. My favorite theater has a good track record of reserving an adequate number of screens for new releases. Individual rooms are rarely sold out.

For those reasons, I will usually wait until the day I go see the movie to buy tickets. My Cinemark app allows me to pick-and-choose the seat and row I want, which is usually an aisle seat among the back rows.

Of course, it will be my bad luck that DS2 draws a heavier-than-normal large crowd on opening weekend. Then I will get stuck reserving a seat in the middle of some families with young children or a rowdy group of friends. That would suck. :(
That's why I always pick seats against the back wall. At least then I can't be surrounded.

nobody

Reaction score

I use a theater that has reserve seating in luxury recliners. So you often have to reserve them early unless you want to be banished to the far side of a theater or in neck-hurting territory (from having to crane your neck up)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why I always pick seats against the back wall. At least then I can't be surrounded.
I tried sitting against the back wall once but I have a tiny anxiety of being "too far" away from the exit. Kinda stupid considering I am either sitting usually four or five rows from the back and sometimes near a set of stairs near the back leading to the room's entrance.

Call me crazy (I am of course) but I like keeping my options open for getting out of the room without too many dumb people getting in my way. :grin:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I use a theater that has reserve seating in luxury recliners. So you often have to reserve them early unless you want to be banished to the far side of a theater or in neck-hurting territory (from having to crane your neck up)
Wish my favorite theater had those here. :(

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I tried sitting against the back wall once but I have a tiny anxiety of being "too far" away from the exit. Kinda stupid considering I am either sitting usually four or five rows from the back and sometimes near a set of stairs near the back leading to the room's entrance.

Call me crazy (I am of course) but I like keeping my options open for getting out of the room without too many dumb people getting in my way. :grin:
The theater I go to has stairs at mid level, and the IMAX has a private bathroom right behind the upper level, which was very convenient nearing the end of the latest Spider-Man movie. There's also another exit there, though I'm not sure where it leads.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The theater I go to has stairs at mid level, and the IMAX has a private bathroom right behind the upper level, which was very convenient nearing the end of the latest Spider-Man movie. There's also another exit there, though I'm not sure where it leads.
Bold> Wile E. Coyote asked me to tell you DON'T TAKE THAT EXIT!!!

:p

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Useless Trivia! Useless Trivia! Useless Trivia! Useless Trivia!

ComicsPriceGuide.com lists the first chapter of The Dark Phoenix Saga below as the most valuable of the group.

5cTSc0w.jpg

Give yourself a cookie if you guessed the issue's near mint condition graded value as almost $4K.

nobody

Reaction score
Useless Trivia! Useless Trivia! Useless Trivia! Useless Trivia!

ComicsPriceGuide.com lists the first chapter of The Dark Phoenix Saga below as the most valuable of the group.

5cTSc0w.jpg

Give yourself a cookie if you guessed the issue's near mint condition graded value as almost $4K.

My most valuable comic I have (in a box somewhere in my house) is Amazing Spider-man #300, the first appearance of Venom.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those who want to know: Doctor Strange in the multiverse of Madness runtime is 2 hours and 6 minutes. Not bad for a movie I think must convey a ton of information to its audience hopefully as concisely as it will be entertaining.

Curious if anyone is familiar with the young actress, Xochitl Gomez, playing the role of America Chavez? I checked her IMDB page and have not seen anything listed in her filmography. There is much I am looking forward to seeing concerning Strange, Wong, Wanda and Mordo but I am hyped about how well they will bring AC to the big screen.

americachavezxochitlgomez.jpg

Invulnerability. Super speed. Super strength. Time traveling and dimension portal jumping abilities (which fits great for this film's theme). The character is a heavy hitter on the level of Captain Marvel. Hope they do right by her. Still having ill-flashbacks to how they did Salma Hayek's Ajak in Eternals. :( Still pissed off. :mad:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those who want to know: Doctor Strange in the multiverse of Madness runtime is 2 hours and 6 minutes. Not bad for a movie I think must convey a ton of information to its audience hopefully as concisely as it will be entertaining.

Curious if anyone is familiar with the young actress, Xochitl Gomez, playing the role of America Chavez? I checked her IMDB page and have not seen anything listed in her filmography. There is much I am looking forward to seeing concerning Strange, Wong, Wanda and Mordo but I am hyped about how well they will bring AC to the big screen.

americachavezxochitlgomez.jpg

Invulnerability. Super speed. Super strength. Time traveling and dimension portal jumping abilities (which fits great for this film's theme). The character is a heavy hitter on the level of Captain Marvel. Hope they do right by her. Still having ill-flashbacks to how they did Salma Hayek's Ajak in Eternals. :( Still pissed off. :mad:

I have to say that I’m not really excited to see this character at all. Starting with sounding ridiculously overpowered and then to feeling like another ‘forced character’.

I think they screwed up enough by making Captain Marvel too powerful and it sounds like they’re doing it again.

Last edited: