Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Introducing MARVEL SNAP, an Action-Packed Collectible Card Game from Nuverse and Second Dinner
BY MARVEL
May 19, 2022

Nuverse and Second Dinner today announced MARVEL SNAP, a revolutionary game experience that unleashes the entire Marvel multiverse into a fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping card battler. In MARVEL SNAP, fans will assemble their Marvel dream team from a massive roster of heroes and villains, collect endless card art variants, and experience super-charged collectible card game (CCG) plays. And there's no waiting around in MARVEL SNAP—every match lasts an average of three action-packed minutes. MARVEL SNAP is a free-to-play title that will launch later this year on mobile and PC.

Read More

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘Daredevil’ Disney+ Series in the Works at Marvel
By Borys Kit | The Hollywood Reporter
May 19, 2022

Charlie-Cox-in-DAREDEVIL-Everett-H-2022.jpg

The Man Without Fear is back as a series.

After several teases of characters from Netflix’s Daredevil show in its own content, Marvel Studios is finally moving forward with a Daredevil series for Disney+.

Matt Corman and Chris Ord have been tapped to write and exec produce a series that will be notable for being the first of the Netflix Marvel shows to get a new but continued series, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Read More

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel Is Losing The Rights To A Legendary Hero
By Nathan Kamal | Giant Freakin Robot
May 20, 2022

Marvel_Entertainment_Logo_2002-900x506.jpeg

Marvel Comics is losing publishing rights to Conan the Barbarian, the long-running and iconic sword and sorcery hero it has intermittently published since 1969. The US rights to Conan the Barbarian are currently held by a variety of different subsidiaries of Cabinet Entertainment, depending on the media format; the comic book rights that had been licensed to Marvel Comics until recently were under Heroic Signatures. Marvel is currently running a series called King Conan (by Jason Aaron and Mahmud Asrar) that will conclude with a sixth issue this year. Conan the Barbarian has also been recently included in the Savage Avengers comic and presumably will be phased out of that.

Read More

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel's new August 2022 comics and covers revealed
By Newsarama/Michael Doran | GamesRadar
May 19, 2022

s36nxFbsuhNyv9y4PsZ5SN-1024-80.jpg.webp

Every new Marvel comic book on sale in August, AKA the Marvel Comics August 2022 solicitations are here, and Marvel is serving up more AXE Judgment Day in the dog days of summer.

And Spider-Man officially turns 60: Amazing Fantasy #15 introduced the Wall-Crawler to the world in August 1962.

Expect a celebration of Amazing Spider-Man #1 later on, but for now Marvel recognizes the old anthology series in which Peter Parker made his debut in Amazing Fantasy #1000.

Read More/Article contains many more covers like the one below

2mM5mJ7.png

quickccc

Reaction score
‘Daredevil’ Disney+ Series in the Works at Marvel
By Borys Kit | The Hollywood Reporter
May 19, 2022

Charlie-Cox-in-DAREDEVIL-Everett-H-2022.jpg

The Man Without Fear is back as a series.

After several teases of characters from Netflix’s Daredevil show in its own content, Marvel Studios is finally moving forward with a Daredevil series for Disney+.

Matt Corman and Chris Ord have been tapped to write and exec produce a series that will be notable for being the first of the Netflix Marvel shows to get a new but continued series, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Read More

Good luck on finding another actor that portrayed Murdock/DD better than actor Charlie Cox.
Ditto with Vincent D' Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin and Jon Bernthal as Punisher.

Overall i loved the cast of DD on Netflix, and the writing, directing and fighting sequences were just awesome and compelling .
and i hate to say it but i know i (as well as many others) it will be virtually impossible to help Not comparing it to the Netflix version.

i used to always wonder why DD was deemed the " Man without Fear "

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm going to bet that you ranked Jessica Jones so high simply because of David Tennant's Villain, the Purple Man.

I didn’t mind the Killgrave the Purple man as the villain, influential mind manipulating powers, I'm always associating Purple Man as well as Typhoid Mary to Daredevil comics
but why not tie him to Jessica Jones and actress Kyrten Ritter is just so freaking hot to keep me attached to the show as long as I did, and she certainly did play her character so well.

Interesting piece that they added Luke Cage to Jessica show, to help her appeal and ratings even more, but overall i did think Jessica Jones series was too slow
and methodical a pace for me. But i managed to stay with it.
- 2nd season had to do with Jessica’s mysterious, insane and powerful mother,
..and the 3rd season with her best friend Trish somehow gaining superpowers similar to Jessica and somehow ending up being pitted to fight Jessica.

But aside from maybe Iron Fist., I prefer the other Netflix Marvel shows over it.
Plus as a marvel superhero , I know absolutely nuthin about her. Never even saw or read her comics, nor even knew she had a comic book in the Marvel Universe.

quickccc

Reaction score
wow. I did not see that high ranking coming. Then again, I may eventually re-think my opinion of the show looking back at the inclusion of Sigourney Weaver, Elodie Yung and a little of Rosario Dawson thrown in too.Dang it! How did I forget that one? Still pissed off at its cancellation EXACTLY when Blink finally gained FULL control of her teleportation power.:banghead: Thanks for reminding me. Here's my revised list:
  • Daredevil (Netflix)
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)
  • Jessica Jones (Netflix)
  • Loki (Disney+)
  • Luke Cage (Netflix)
  • The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)
  • Agent Carter (ABC)
  • The Punisher (Netflix)
  • WandaVision (Disney+)
  • What If...? (Disney+)
  • The Defenders (Netflix)
  • The Gifted (FOX)
  • Hawkeye (Disney+)
  • Runaways (Hulu)
  • Iron Fist (Netflix)
  • Moon Knight (Disney+)
  • Cloak & Dagger (Hulu)
  • Inhumans (ABC)

i had a hard time guessing why critics did not like The Defenders.
And of course if the critics do not like a film or series, general fans and viewers seem to follow in the critics footsteps. per their reviews.

Defenders not only brought together the entire band of Netflix Marvel heroes, but it also pitted them against each other in certain cases,
ala Iron Fist vs Luke Cage, as well as the return and plight of one of DD’s most notorious, hard to beat enemies - Elektra.
- especially after being resurrected from the dead by the Hand.

- And the series was well paced, and not a dialogue drawn out, but when I'm guessing from what i got from the critics views, they seem to have issue swith the characters not being able to channel out their respective characters- as they could do so gradually in their respective series shows.

- They didn’t like the heroes being ‘ bundled up “ as one group, so everyone and everything seemed so rushed and forced.
They thought of it more as merely an action/special effect series.

- Me? I had no problem with Defenders at all., as all of the heroes’ respective origins and characteristic stories have already been told.
Why the need to go right back into all of that all over again ?

- Admittedly I just did not get into Sigourney Weaver as a villain cast at all. They wanted her to come on as cunning, cleverly scandalous and devious.
But she wasn’t convincing in that role at all. I wasn’t interested at all. I actually found her the most disinteresting of Netflix-Marvel's cool- and -collective villains

Just give me Elektra and the Hand.

quickccc

Reaction score
Marvel Is Losing The Rights To A Legendary Hero
By Nathan Kamal | Giant Freakin Robot
May 20, 2022

Marvel Comics is losing publishing rights to Conan the Barbarian, the long-running and iconic sword and sorcery hero it has intermittently published since 1969. The US rights to Conan the Barbarian are currently held by a variety of different subsidiaries of Cabinet Entertainment, depending on the media format; the comic book rights that had been licensed to Marvel Comics until recently were under Heroic Signatures. Marvel is currently running a series called King Conan (by Jason Aaron and Mahmud Asrar) that will conclude with a sixth issue this year. Conan the Barbarian has also been recently included in the Savage Avengers comic and presumably will be phased out of that.

Read More

".. In 2011, Conan the Barbarian was rebooted as a film starring Jason Momoa but did not develop into the hoped-for franchise.... "

Of course Momoa's Conan reboot bombed and did not developed as hoped. That movie was horrible ! ..lol :D

Seemed like an off beat mockery tribute to the Arnold's Conan movies.
I hated that i got suckered and hood-winked by both Momoa's Conan re-boot and Hercules re-boot movies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i had a hard time guessing why critics did not like The Defenders.
And of course if the critics do not like a film or series, general fans and viewers seem to follow in the critics footsteps. per their reviews.

Defenders not only brought together the entire band of Netflix Marvel heroes, but it also pitted them against each other in certain cases,
ala Iron Fist vs Luke Cage, as well as the return and plight of one of DD’s most notorious, hard to beat enemies - Elektra.
- especially after being resurrected from the dead by the Hand.

- And the series was well paced, and not a dialogue drawn out, but when I'm guessing from what i got from the critics views, they seem to have issue swith the characters not being able to channel out their respective characters- as they could do so gradually in their respective series shows.

- They didn’t like the heroes being ‘ bundled up “ as one group, so everyone and everything seemed so rushed and forced.
They thought of it more as merely an action/special effect series.

- Me? I had no problem with Defenders at all., as all of the heroes’ respective origins and characteristic stories have already been told.
Why the need to go right back into all of that all over again ?

- Admittedly I just did not get into Sigourney Weaver as a villain cast at all. They wanted her to come on as cunning, cleverly scandalous and devious.
But she wasn’t convincing in that role at all. I wasn’t interested at all. I actually found her the most disinteresting of Netflix-Marvel's cool- and -collective villains

Just give me Elektra and the Hand.
It is safe saying a percentage of paid critics do not know source material. And I am talking across all entertainment genres and not just simply comic book movie/series adaptations.

I enjoyed The Defenders but two main things lowered my opinion of it. First, The Hand's scheme, which would have resulted in New York City's destruction, was not convincing enough for me. The group stopped the catastrophe with relative ease. Second, the season did not have enough Elektra for my taste. She was central to the entire story. She should have gotten more screentime in my opinion.

As far as Sigourney Weaver is concerned, I disagree. She was plenty menacing in my eyes. Then again, I have always like Weaver in almost everything she plays in. So my opinion is admittedly bias. :p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
".. In 2011, Conan the Barbarian was rebooted as a film starring Jason Momoa but did not develop into the hoped-for franchise.... "

Of course Momoa's Conan reboot bombed and did not developed as hoped. That movie was horrible ! ..lol :D

Seemed like an off beat mockery tribute to the Arnold's Conan movies.
I hated that i got suckered and hood-winked by both Momoa's Conan re-boot and Hercules re-boot movies.
Haven't seen either of them. I like Mamoa in Aquaman and in GoT, but he just doesn't have the right look for Hercules or Conan, IMO.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haven't seen either of them. I like Mamoa in Aquaman and in GoT, but he just doesn't have the right look for Hercules or Conan, IMO.
lol. That was kinda funny to me reading that. "You don't look like Hercules to me" was a re-occurring observation directed at Kevin Sorbo in Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd agree with that assessment as well, which is why I rarely watched it.
Sorbo did not win you over? I thought he did a good job. He definitely had me catching every episode (back in the day of syndication/young folks today probably ask what's "syndication" :confused: :)) UNTIL Lucy Lawless got her series. Then I dropped Sorbo & Co like a hot rock. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorbo did not win you over? I thought he did a good job. He definitely had me catching every episode (back in the day of syndication/young folks today probably ask what's "syndication" :confused: :)) UNTIL Lucy Lawless got her series. Then I dropped Sorbo & Co like a hot rock. :laugh:
Nah, I used to love the old Hercules movies, with jacked guys like Steve Reeves.

I didn't watch Xena much earlier, until I saw the bad warrior chick, who kinda looked like a white Halle Berry. Then I peeked in from time to time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good luck on finding another actor that portrayed Murdock/DD better than actor Charlie Cox.
Ditto with Vincent D' Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin and Jon Bernthal as Punisher.

Overall i loved the cast of DD on Netflix, and the writing, directing and fighting sequences were just awesome and compelling .
and i hate to say it but i know i (as well as many others) it will be virtually impossible to help Not comparing it to the Netflix version.

i used to always wonder why DD was deemed the " Man without Fear "

Good news for you then. The same actors will be playing the roles on Disney+.

quickccc

Reaction score
Good news for you then. The same actors will be playing the roles on Disney+.

Really ? As Tony the Tiger would say .... That would Greeeeat !

The other question would be how will Disney's version with the same acting cast do as compared to Netflix's style, format version ?
As you mentioned in a previous post, it depends upon what one prefers.. Netflix' dark, gritty and violent .. or family oriented Disney ?

Heck, if Disney is returning the same acting crew, and willing to meet halfway ...... :flagwave:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really ? As Tony the Tiger would say .... That would Greeeeat !

The other question would be how will Disney's version with the same acting cast do as compared to Netflix's style, format version ?
As you mentioned in a previous post, it depends upon what one prefers.. Netflix' dark, gritty and violent .. or family oriented Disney ?

Heck, if Disney is returning the same acting crew, and willing to meet halfway ...... :flagwave:

I think that ‘halfway’ assessment will be pretty accurate. It won’t be ‘rated G’, but it won’t be quite as dark and violent as the Netflix series. And me personally, I’m fine with that. I think too many series are unnecessarily dark and depressing already.

Turn on a light already! :angry:

nobody

Reaction score
Hopefully, Luke Cage was added to the Jessica Jones' series based on the LONG detailed history between both characters in comics. Heck. They had a kid together. lol.

I think it was that and that they needed someone who could stand up in a fight to Jessica because they definitely wanted a super powered fight or two to spice it up. Once she figured out how Purple Man's powers worked, that was needed for that part of the show. It also built for the future.

I do wish we got to see Ritter show us what more of what Jessica's attitude's, demeanor and behavior was before she was screwed up by the mind control that drove her to drinking and be what was diplayed..which is fine. We're shown what she is now, and why. I just wish we saw more.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think it was that and that they needed someone who could stand up in a fight to Jessica because they definitely wanted a super powered fight or two to spice it up. Once she figured out how Purple Man's powers worked, that was needed for that part of the show. It also built for the future.

I do wish we got to see Ritter show us what more of what Jessica's attitude's, demeanor and behavior was before she was screwed up by the mind control that drove her to drinking and be what was diplayed..which is fine. We're shown what she is now, and why. I just wish we saw more.
I think personally, if they'd done it that way, I would have been expecting to see her sober up and return to a normal state. I would have ended up disappointed.