Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Boys: Every Supe From Payback's Name, Powers & History Explained
By Erin Brady | SlashFilm
June 24, 2022

intro-1656080879.webp

If you watch "The Boys," then you probably know the Seven inside and out by this point. The Vought International-sponsored superhero team may look like heroic figures, but for the most part they're narcissistic and even downright dangerous individuals seeking total control over their audience. Okay, maybe the only member of the Seven that fits that last bill is Homelander, but the point still stands.

Viewers know and understand the Seven, at least a little bit, but they don't necessarily know about any of the other teams that exist within the same universe. While the Seven are the most popular superhero team around, there have been many others that existed before or during their rise. Payback, a former Vought-sponsored team, was one of these teams, and their history plays a major role in this season of "The Boys." However, they're still a bit of an enigma, so let's go through the members of this formerly famous team and the comic book characters they're parodying.

Read more

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis Got His Iconic Look - From a Member of the Shazam Family?!
By Timothy Donohoo | CBR
June 24, 2022

Elvis-Presley-Captain-Marvel-Jr-(1).jpg

Long before losing its name to a property from another company, the Shazam Family was once one of the most popular characters in comic books. Beyond just the original Captain Marvel, the family also included his sister Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel, Jr. The latter was essentially the teen sidekick of the group, but he was still a big name in his own right. In fact, he would go on to inspire one of the biggest names in pop culture.

Elvis Presley is still considered the king of rock 'n roll, but before that, he was also an avid comic book fan. His favorite character wasn't the World's Mightiest Mortal, but rather, his junior counterpart, the likes of whom would go on to heavily inspire the Memphis musician. With Elvis about to receive a glamorous new biopic, here's a look at how one of DC's most underrated heroes was his biggest inspiration.

Who Is Freddy Freeman, DC's Captain Marvel, Jr.?

Read more

You're welcome, @cowboyec ;)
all the way to the lightn' bolt in the tcb logo.
gotta love an icon who loved comics.

quickccc

Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5tfUf1_w7Ah89f8eMx0jpdyf0B6qZSHVa5C9SDU0paMDldmf5cgxZrjkjPknXhgR6Ca0&usqp=CAU
I've always liked Mantis character in her early Marvel comic days.

Mantis' looks have changed over her time in Marvel Comics, ..From i remembered from Avengers comics, was she was a brilliant master of martial arts, such that she could sense weak points of the opponents' body in an instant. And her mastery level of training gave her a certain amount of control that could affect heartbeat, bleeding, and breathing and
a tolerance to pain, and a sense of physical healing,

Her other powers such as telepathy, empathy and precognitive abilities i'm not as keen on. She eventually went on to marry the most boring Avengers' ally in the Swordsman.
The current Guardian Galaxy movie series watered her down as a very meek and passive character.

c99e399af1a6e0f0b527ad34c673b638.jpg

f078caeec341eec4619dfa54003a6811.jpg

87c39154a5a7e09279697975089b19eb.jpg

7f93fd878834b1a59f9c882c754d0db3.jpg

8623f430bfa5f5dad014a2724ca89606.jpg

7c1fdadad53002eac6cb1cb65ff6e26c.jpg

e347cf2f23543ce4281bee8d8d44befb.jpg

681f94bd8f0e8ba89ee8b736109ca4dd.jpg

4a98bf521e906465712969c5d2eb1c41.jpg

e5302797a98d9eb4df6a933f8b557d91.jpg

d01b630df980175133636071bc1a3e11.jpg

3761e36b4aa90d725ca2fd96d96bf0a8.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sharon Ventura
a.k.a. (nothing to do with Carol Danvers or the Kree for that matter) Ms. Marvel :rolleyes:
a.k.a. (let's jump through hoops just to give Ben Grimm a new love interest) She-Thing :rolleyes:

Ventura was one character I wished Marvel had never created. :facepalm:

quickccc

Reaction score
Sharon Ventura
a.k.a. (nothing to do with Carol Danvers or the Kree for that matter) Ms. Marvel :rolleyes:
a.k.a. (let's jump through hoops just to give Ben Grimm a new love interest) She-Thing :rolleyes:

Ventura was one character I wished Marvel had never created. :facepalm:

yeh,..It was really messed up with Marvel decided to name her " Ms Marvel " ..geez

250px-Msmarvel2.jpg

SheThing.jpg

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Exclusive: Gillian Anderson Joins Marvel In Major Role
gillian-anderson-hannibal-900x506.jpg

For all the actors that have come in and out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, few of the stars from Fox’s classic sci-fi series The X-Files have made their way to the best-selling world of superheroes. But according to our trusted and proven source, that’s about to change. The Crown star Gillian Anderson has been cast in a big role in an upcoming Marvel screen project.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-gillian-anderson-marvel.html

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exclusive: Gillian Anderson Joins Marvel In Major Role
gillian-anderson-hannibal-900x506.jpg

For all the actors that have come in and out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, few of the stars from Fox’s classic sci-fi series The X-Files have made their way to the best-selling world of superheroes. But according to our trusted and proven source, that’s about to change. The Crown star Gillian Anderson has been cast in a big role in an upcoming Marvel screen project.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-gillian-anderson-marvel.html
"Perhaps the most natural spot for Gillian Anderson among Marvel’s mutants would be as Dr. Moira MacTaggert.... With her presence, Anderson would be perfect for the role, particularly if Kevin Feige and co. choose the MCU’s Professor Charles Xavier to be closer to Patrick Stewart’s age than that of James McAvoy."

Dr. MacTaggert would be SO freakishly stupid casting for Marvel Studios to sign off on. The Professor Xavier and MacTaggert characters should be rebooted younger when the X-Men are finally integrated into the MCU. Perhaps NOT as young as McAvoy in X-Men: First Class but certainly younger than Steward was in 2000's X-Men.

My suggestion would be Irene Adler a.k.a. Destiny.

OhtFGVs.jpg

It checks Anderson's X-Files boxes:

• Mutant (passive ability but powerful)
  • Knowledgeable
  • Wise
  • Intuitive
  • Reserved personality

The older character, which they can easily be flexible and not have her too old, is right in Anderson's wheelhouse. And the character could be interchangeable between villain or hero.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Perhaps the most natural spot for Gillian Anderson among Marvel’s mutants would be as Dr. Moira MacTaggert.... With her presence, Anderson would be perfect for the role, particularly if Kevin Feige and co. choose the MCU’s Professor Charles Xavier to be closer to Patrick Stewart’s age than that of James McAvoy."

Dr. MacTaggert would be SO freakishly stupid casting for Marvel Studios to sign off on. The Professor Xavier and MacTaggert characters should be rebooted younger when the X-Men are finally integrated into the MCU. Perhaps NOT as young as McAvoy in X-Men: First Class but certainly younger than Steward was in 2000's X-Men.

OhtFGVs.jpg

• Knowledgeable
  • Wise
  • Intuitive
  • Reserved personality

The older character, which they can easily be flexible and not have her too old, is right in Anderson's wheelhouse. And the character could be interchangeable between villain or hero.
Just make sure she doesn't wear a skin tight costume.

quickccc

Reaction score

OhtFGVs.jpg

• Knowledgeable
  • Wise
  • Intuitive
  • Reserved personality

f411cc3a0f4da8fc24bb0949e0764953.jpg

What about her as Madame Web ....?

quickccc

Reaction score

OhtFGVs.jpg

• Knowledgeable
  • Wise
  • Intuitive
  • Reserved personality

When you mentioned " Destiny " it immediately made me think of the comic issues when i first saw Destiny .... and Rogue
in the very issues of Rom Space-Knight ....vs sinister menace called .. " Hybrid "

latest

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you mentioned " Destiny " it immediately made me think of the comic issues when i first saw Destiny .... and Rogue
in the very issues of Rom Space-Knight ....vs sinister menace called .. " Hybrid "

latest
The image does not appear for me.

quickccc

Reaction score

It was also the Hybrid vs Rom Space Knight issues that i discovered the origin of Rogue's powers and how they work.

Not only does Rogue have the ability to absorb another beings powers through here flesh upon flesh physical touch, but she also takes
on that being's persona and memories- normally the absorbing is temporarily but with with her physical battle and contact with Carol Danvers, Ms Marvel,
the absorbing became permanent.

Destiny was a member of Mystigue's new band of Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - did she prefer to call it "Sisterhood of Evil Mutants " ?

For those not familiar with Destiny, she is actually blind, and she is older than she appears, but she also has precognitive powers, ability to foresee into the
future as well as life -death probabilities and limited telepathy. i only just discovered is that Destiny eventually married Mystique.
i didn't follow the Age of Apocalypse series to find out what eventually became of Destiny, but i saw her in live action amination in Xmen Evolution.

b343d7171d04f9c6eb651c67fdc46413.jpg

6bce2179fd3e3800fd42291cef314828.jpg

60579ea6c3d4beecf9b59d69809389e8.jpg

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
https://screenrant.com/best-marvel-martial-artists-ranked/

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-best-martial-artists/

https://collider.com/moonlight-daredevil-most-powerful-marvel-martial-artists/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Marvel_Comics_martial_artists

The Best Martial Arts Fighters in the Marvel Universe:

My List and rankings would be different from above listings: