Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zaslav’s First Movie Crisis: What To Do With Ezra Miller, The Erratic Star Of Warner Bros’ $200M ‘Flash’ Franchise Launch
By Anthony D'Alessandro, Dominic Patten | Deadline
June 17, 2022

The-Flash-WB.jpg

Even though it isn’t on the Warner Bros release calendar until June 23, 2023, The Flash is becoming Warner Bros Discovery CEO David Zaslav’s first movie crisis, because of the escalating coverage of incidents of volatile and odd behavior involving the film’s star, Ezra Miller.

Zaslav has made clear his desire to grow the DC Universe to MCU scale and has all the ingredients of a first foot forward in The Flash, including the return of Michael Keaton as Batman along with a reprise by Ben Affleck, a $200 million budget and a hot director in Andy Muschietti, who delivered the blockbuster It for the studio. The Warner Bros Discovery CEO exercised his well known penchant for micro-management by declining to greenlight Wonder Twins for being too niche. Zaslav will have to soon make a decision of what to do with the completed picture that is The Flash, and what to do with a young actor who appears to have serious off-set issues.

Read more

quickccc

Reaction score
Zaslav’s First Movie Crisis: What To Do With Ezra Miller, The Erratic Star Of Warner Bros’ $200M ‘Flash’ Franchise Launch
By Anthony D'Alessandro, Dominic Patten | Deadline
June 17, 2022

The-Flash-WB.jpg

Even though it isn’t on the Warner Bros release calendar until June 23, 2023, The Flash is becoming Warner Bros Discovery CEO David Zaslav’s first movie crisis, because of the escalating coverage of incidents of volatile and odd behavior involving the film’s star, Ezra Miller.

Zaslav has made clear his desire to grow the DC Universe to MCU scale and has all the ingredients of a first foot forward in The Flash, including the return of Michael Keaton as Batman along with a reprise by Ben Affleck, a $200 million budget and a hot director in Andy Muschietti, who delivered the blockbuster It for the studio. The Warner Bros Discovery CEO exercised his well known penchant for micro-management by declining to greenlight Wonder Twins for being too niche. Zaslav will have to soon make a decision of what to do with the completed picture that is The Flash, and what to do with a young actor who appears to have serious off-set issues.

Read more

LOL ... on my goodness,is that gonna be the Plastic fiber glass look for Flash's new costume,......??

Is Sy Fy channel taking over this Flash movie.... ? :p

quickccc

Reaction score

continued

Now for movies I could *possibly* rank inside or outside my top 25 but simply refuse to give them consideration because I cannot stand that they were even made:

Batman & Robin (1997)
Steel (1997)
Supergirl (1984)
Superman III (1983)
Superman IV The Quest For Peace (1987)

These movies barely fit my personal definition of DC movies:

Jonah Hex (2010)
V For Vendetta (2006)

Finally, the one live action movie I have not seen yet (and do not plan to see unless Black Adam compels me):

Shazam! (2019)

EDIT: Crap. Forgot. Zack Snyder's director cut has wiped 2017's Justice League completely from my mind. Joss Whedon's redo is dead to me.

" V for Vendetta " i admit caught me off guard as me thinking it was a Super hero movie ....probably because i thought it was marketed and sold to viewers as such a super hero film.

But as those who have seen it, realized now that it's not Super hero film, but more so a drama-action movie or drama-mystery/suspense film, .made into a viglante civil rights movement.
i came into it with the wrong, misguided mindset, and i wasn't prepared for it. Thus it ended being boring and dragging to me.

Some will find it much more entertaining and intriguing than i did. And it's actually considered a cult classic. But it was not for me.
Still to this day, i cannot view it as a 'super hero' film, ..imo. .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL ... on my goodness,is that gonna be the Plastic fiber glass look for Flash's new costume,......??

Is Sy Fy channel taking over this Flash movie.... ? :p
Cannot really tell for certain but that pic looks basically the same as the suit worn in Justice League (directly below). Personally, I prefer John Wesley Shipp's suits from his 1990's series and his appearances on the current The Flash series (at the bottom). To be completely honest, I even like his Jay Garrick suit more than Ezra Miller and Grant Gustin's suits.

The-Flash-Justice-League.jpg

DaQxS54WAAE1I2C.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
Cannot really tell for certain but that pic looks basically the same as the suit worn in Justice League (directly below). Personally, I prefer John Wesley Shipp's suits from his 1990's series and his appearances on the current The Flash series (at the bottom). To be completely honest, I even like his Jay Garrick suit more than Ezra Miller and Grant Gustin's suits.

The-Flash-Justice-League.jpg

DaQxS54WAAE1I2C.jpg

The Flash on the far right ..that costume tends to remind me of ...the Tick ... :cool:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Flash on the far right ..that costume tends to remind me of ...the Tick ... :cool:
lol! I gotta mostly agree! Even so, the design is still much closer to Barry Allen's suit from the books that I grew up with it.

Do you remember Shipp's series from the 90's? It came on CBS, I think Thursday or Friday night.

It had potential but it copied Tim Burton's Batman cinematography and methodology. The combination of lackluster scripts in the second season and Burton's feel was likely TOO corny to sustain a good audience.

The super speed special effects were pretty good for that time though. When I first heard about the show, I dreaded the possibility that they would show Barry moving at slow motion too often. That was one of the few pet peeves I had with The Six Million Dollar Man. Here's Austin. He can run 60 miles an hour but practically every episode showed him running -2 mph. I kept screaming inside my head, "SUPER SLOW MOTION IS NOT NEEDED IN EVERY FREAKING SCENE DURING EVERY FREAKING EPISODE!"

:laugh:

quickccc

Reaction score
lol! I gotta mostly agree! Even so, the design is still much closer to Barry Allen's suit from the books that I grew up with it.

Do you remember Shipp's series from the 90's? It came on CBS, I think Thursday or Friday night.

It had potential but it copied Tim Burton's Batman cinematography and methodology. The combination of lackluster scripts in the second season and Burton's feel was likely TOO corny to sustain a good audience.

The super speed special effects were pretty good for that time though. When I first heard about the show, I dreaded the possibility that they would show Barry moving at slow motion too often. That was one of the few pet peeves I had with The Six Million Dollar Man. Here's Austin. He can run 60 miles an hour but practically every episode showed him running -2 mph. I kept screaming inside my head, "SUPER SLOW MOTION IS NOT NEEDED IN EVERY FREAKING SCENE DURING EVERY FREAKING EPISODE!"

Speaking of Six Million Dollar man series - which i loved, along with Lindsay Wagner's Bionic Woman, ... wasn't there talk about either a live action movie of " 60 million dollar man "
with actor Mark Wahlberg ?

https://www.cinemablend.com/intervi...his-answer-to-superhero-movies-so-where-is-it

Not only did i not have any issues with slow motion action scenes, but i loooved how the action scenes were placed in slow motion.- especially for that early 70's time line era.
Imagine how today's CGI special effects of the reboot-remake of 6 Billion Dollar man would try to make it bionic- fyed ....... like Wil Smth's I-Robot ?

And whomever makes the reboot, needs to make sure the music theme is very identical and similar to that 70's show.
Although i think it would hit off better as a TV series ..than a live action film.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Radiant Black: Will Friedle Voices Image Comics Superhero In Animated Short 'Versus'
By Jesse Schedeen | IGN
June 21, 2022

Fans of Image Comics series Radiant Black were given a very special treat in issue #15 of the explosive superhero series. A hidden QR code leads readers to the ultimate Easter egg - a fully animated short film called "Versus."

Directed by Radiant Black writer/co-creator Kyle Higgins, animated by Tiger Animation and featuring Batman Beyond's Will Friedle as the voice of Radiant Black himself, this new short gives us a taste of what the comic could look like as an animated series.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THE HISTORY OF THOR’S MCU GOATS, FROM MYTHOLOGY TO MARVEL COMICS
By Eric Diaz | Nerdist
June 21, 2022

Thor-Goats-Chariot.jpg

The Marvel universe can get a little wild sometimes. Case in point: Toothghasher and Toothgrinder, Thor’s magical goats who pull his royal chariot. Yes, folks, we said Marvel has magic goats. And both enchanted beasts are set to make their cinematic debuts in Thor: Love and Thunder. In fact, Thor’s goats can be seen spotlighted in the MCU film’s trailers and other promotional materials.

But where did such an outlandish concept come from? Was it just 1970s Marvel writers, high as kites and thinking up wild ideas? Nope, the two loyal goats of the Odinson came straight from Norse mythology. We can’t wait to meet the MCU version of Thor’s goats, but first, let’s get to know their history. From mythology to Marvel comics, here’s the skinny on these two magical Asgardian bucks, both of whom will gallop into the Marvel Cinematic Universe this summer.

Who Are Tanngrisnir and Tanngnjóstr, Thor’s Goats From Norse Mythology?

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
10 Best Wonder Man Marvel Comic Books Ever
By Darby Harn | Screen Rant
June 21, 2022

Wonder-Man-Best-Comic-Books-Feature-.jpg

A Wonder Man series is coming from Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings director Destin Daniel Cretton, finally bringing the seventh Avenger from Marvel Comics to live-action. Wonder Man plays a critical role in Marvel lore, and the best Wonder Man comic books ever likely inspire his series as well as his future in the MCU.

With The White Vision now in live-action, Wonder Man's fateful role in the character's origins and later trials in West Coast Avengers comics factor more than ever. So do his connections to Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil, linking Wonder Man possibly to the Thunderbolts movie also in development. Wonder Man's best comics provide a roadmap for his screen future, and a great opportunity for fans to catch up on the iconic if somewhat obscure hero.

Avengers #9

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder Woman's Comic Debut Fetches $1.62 Million USD at Auction
By Jeff Yeung | HypeBeast
June 21, 2022

Wonder Woman‘s comic book debut has now fetched seven figures over at Heritage Auctions. The Amazonian warrior’s first-ever appearance in DC Comics came in the eighth issue of All Star Comics, which was published in 1941. Despite more than seven decades having gone by, a lucky collector still had a copy of the book that earned a 9.4 CGC Universal Grade rating, and Heritage Auctions has now sold it at a staggering $1.62 million USD.

Read more

1S2Lxiv.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Most Notable Difference Between Warrior Nun And The Original Comics
By Deepayan Sengupta | Looper
June 21, 2022

the-comics-have-a-different-main-character-altogether-1655835309.webp

With shows such as "The Umbrella Academy," the Henry Cavill starring "The Witcher," and the Iko Uwais series "Wu Assassins," Netflix has carved out a niche for itself with action fantasy stories. One of the more notable entries from the streaming service in that genre has been the TV series "Warrior Nun."

Created by Simon Barry, the show (which shares a surprising connection with the "Metal Gear Solid" video game series by featuring actor David Hayter) is an adaptation of the comic series "Warrior Nun Areala," which was created by Ben Dunn. Both the comics and the show focus on a group called the Order of the Cruciform Sword, a segment of the Catholic Church comprised of nuns who take up arms to fight against demons and other evil forces, giving them the titular name of warrior nuns.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DC Comics Officially Kills Off Harley Quinn In Issue #22
By Ariane Cruz | FandomWire.com
June 21, 2022

Brace yourselves, Harley Quinn fans, because DC Comics is officially killing off the character in the next issue. The anti-hero will face an encounter where she cannot find a way out.

The Death Of Harley Quinn

Doctor Harleen Quinzel’s death will involve a murder case in which a search for her killer will take place. DC promised that this story would be one of Harley’s most insane arcs.

As a Gotham villain, Harley has faced many death threats before, and what is more surprising is her talent for cheating her way out of it. Imagine being that clever enough that neither Hell nor Heaven would open its gates for you. In this new upcoming issue, the writers will take her death more seriously.

Read more

IeacwTI.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Radiant Black: Will Friedle Voices Image Comics Superhero In Animated Short 'Versus'
By Jesse Schedeen | IGN
June 21, 2022

Fans of Image Comics series Radiant Black were given a very special treat in issue #15 of the explosive superhero series. A hidden QR code leads readers to the ultimate Easter egg - a fully animated short film called "Versus."

Directed by Radiant Black writer/co-creator Kyle Higgins, animated by Tiger Animation and featuring Batman Beyond's Will Friedle as the voice of Radiant Black himself, this new short gives us a taste of what the comic could look like as an animated series.

Read more
Wow, that title was really confusing, until I realized it wasn't a question.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Untangling the spider’s web of Marvel IP…
By Graeme Murray | Marks & Clerk
June 21, 2022

comic-books-1.png

As an avid comics fan, I have watched the recent promotion of the upcoming launch of Avengers Campus at Disneyland Paris with interest.

However, the IP attorney in me led me to contemplate why there is no Avengers Land or Marvel Land at Disney World Florida. The reason highlights some key IP issues for businesses operating in the comics and animation sectors, where the monetization of title and character IP via licensing is a potentially lucrative revenue stream.

Licence agreements are entered into between IP owners and third parties in order to allow third parties to use the IP owner’s IP, such as trade marks like SPIDER-MAN, MARVEL and HULK or copyright works such as images of those characters, in return for a fee.

The entity responsible for Universal Orlando entered into such an agreement with Marvel in 1994 allowing it to use Marvel’s IP at their theme park, leading to the creation of what is now known as Marvel Super Hero Island at Universal Orlando. This contract was executed before the acquisition of Marvel by Disney in 2009, and includes terms that prevent the use of Marvel IP at Disney World Florida. As a result, the right to use Marvel IP at theme parks in Florida was not transferred to Disney when it acquired Marvel.

Read more

quickccc

Reaction score
10 Best Wonder Man Marvel Comic Books Ever
By Darby Harn | Screen Rant
June 21, 2022

Wonder-Man-Best-Comic-Books-Feature-.jpg

A Wonder Man series is coming from Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings director Destin Daniel Cretton, finally bringing the seventh Avenger from Marvel Comics to live-action. Wonder Man plays a critical role in Marvel lore, and the best Wonder Man comic books ever likely inspire his series as well as his future in the MCU.

With The White Vision now in live-action, Wonder Man's fateful role in the character's origins and later trials in West Coast Avengers comics factor more than ever. So do his connections to Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil, linking Wonder Man possibly to the Thunderbolts movie also in development. Wonder Man's best comics provide a roadmap for his screen future, and a great opportunity for fans to catch up on the iconic if somewhat obscure hero.

Avengers #9

Read more

I tend to get the origin of Wonder Man and the Vision mixed up ... Vision's previous cyborg android presence was the original Human Torch I, goes back to the Marvel's comic series " the Invaders"
which time era was set in the World War II ?

That Cyborg form died, and was re-incarnated to later on to become the Vision. .. which i'm glad the Wesson brothers decided to make it more the Tony Stark creation,
instead of Dr. Hank Pym creation.

i really don't get the Wonder Man origin, death and resurrection and admit i have some confusion,
Was he killed by Baron Zemo.. or the Kree ?
Was he resurrected by his half brother Grim Reaper and Nekra ? .. or the Scarlet Witch ?

How did the hell Scarlet Witch's Hex powers able to " resurrect" Simon (Wonder Man) from the dead ?
..when did she get resurrection powers that even the immortal Asgardians and Olympians or Eternals, or power cosmic guys like Silver Surfer don't even have. ?
So very long ago, that i need to look back into this, as i thought i remembered that Wanda resurrected Simon's dead half brother Grim Reaper. instead of Simon..

I'm interested to see how this Thunderbolt movie turns out, because it doesn't seem like a particular popular Marvels comic book .
i thought it would have made more marketing sense to push an Alpha Flight or Inhumans live action movie or series ( a reboot of that hideous ABC Inhumans)

220px-Grimreapermu0.png

quickccc

Reaction score
10 Comic Characters Inspired By Dracula
By John Witiw | CBR
June 19, 2022

Comic-Characters-Inspired-By-Dracula-CBR---1400-x-700.jpg

Dracula has appeared in various comics over the years, including both DC and Marvel. Since he's in the public domain, there usually isn't too much of a problem including him in modern works. But this hasn't stopped some comics from including characters merely inspired by the most famous of all vampires.

Some of them aren't necessarily vampires. It helps that there was a time when censorship once prohibited vampires from directly appearing in comics. Some are good guys or at least morally ambiguous. Because Dracula is one of the most adapted characters of all time, comic characters might be more specifically based on film or television incarnations rather than Stoker's original villain. And some of these might even get to meet the original.

10 Morbius: He's Marvel Comics' Own "Living" Vampire

Read more

Whaat ? …Whadda heck ?

- Where’s Blade ?!! ....and what happened to “ Vampire Hunter D “ ?

- Glad 'Ultraviolet " was not on this list - so forgettable !
And one of the worst comic and live action adaption movie concepts –. And it was supposedly based off a comic series.
(I never saw it or read it , but heard about it)
If you saw the movie, it didn’t have much of any hint or glimpse at vampire life ?
She damn did not ever bite anyone.

- I loved Vampirella epic comic series, love the artwork,.. character, the costume Although the live action movie of Vampirella never came close to making it made up
to the comic character. Made it a boring B- movie.

- Sony really blew it with this past Morbius movie. ..
It had the intriguing background and intangibles to be a terrific movie character. ..but ...

quickccc

Reaction score
220px-Silver_Surfer.jpg

i was re-watching Crimson Tide, (great movie!) .. when Denzel had to break up a crew fight on a Navy submarine fight, that involved the Silver Surfer ... one member was vouching for
Jack Kirby's Silver Surfer version ... while apparently the other crew member was vouching for " Moebius " version of Silver Surfer.

i thought i had the Silver Surfer's writers and origin covered. .. Kirby most definitely heard and know of .... but 'Moebius' ?
Does Moebius mean a nickname term for several Silver Surfer writers ?

:huh: