Comics and Movies

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
We must be content with a guest appearance in Deadpool 2. :laugh:

Too many variables must be established for a proper Cable movie. First, the X-Men must be integrated into the MCU.

Second, the team must have an order of villains to combat. I doubt Mister Sinister would be the prime antagonist in the team's first movie.

Let's say the story happens in Uncanny X-Men 2 (I REALLY want the new movies to be called Uncanny. Badly.). Sinister clones Jean. Clone has Scott to impregnate her. Nathan is either sent to the "safety" of the far future to grow up or they disregard the comic book version and artificially accelerate his growth to adulthood. Yada yada yada. Nathan is now really to battle bad guys in his own movie.

Just my take. :)
I was excited, hoping it wouldn't be too far off after seeing Deadpool 2. So basically, you're figuring about 8 years....... :(
That is something that I'm not crazy about in how they're approaching the MCU strategy, The Marvels movie, I'm sure some are excited by it :rolleyes:, but fans want an X-Men movie. They've had the property for almost 3 years now, there's no excuse for not having an X-Men film in post-production right now. Is it really that difficult to find time to work in one of the comic books most popular titles?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Marvel's mistake was not putting in a definitive the rights revert back after X years period and went with as long as a movie with that character is put out ever set number of years, the rights stay in the studio's hands. They were desperate though.

Marvel's management made soo many mistakes that brought them to that brink.
I'm sure they never expected the ridiculous success of Spider-Man.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you for posting this. I am laughing my butt off even more.
In 2007, the writer of all three Blade films (and director of the third), David S. Goyer, was hired to direct the film... However, a combination of the 2007-2008 writers strike and the poor reaction to X-Men Origins: Wolverine caused Fox to scrap the entire X-Men Origins plan, and instead elements from the Magneto script were incorporated into the script for X-Men: First Class.

So. Let me get this straight. Supposedly, FOX did have a plan. They hired a director for the next X:Men Origins installment. However, the combination of a poor return on X-Men Origins: Wolverine and the writers' strike nixed the plan.

BUT

A script was written (I guess it was written during the writers' strike) and parts of it were inserted into the X-Men: First Class screenplay?

That's rich. Or maybe, perhaps, possibility, they trashed the idea of Ian McKellen partly reprising the role only because X:W sucked and they did not want to repeat the same mistake with the same formula.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I'm sure they never expected the ridiculous success of Spider-Man.
That was a pretty good return on their investment. Fox bought the rights for X-Men for $2.6 million, which was one of their biggest titles. The Avengers, at the time was pretty low on Marvel's totem pole, so basically someone could have picked up the rights for a ham sandwich and a bag of chips, a bag of Tom's potato chips, not even Lays........:laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was excited, hoping it wouldn't be too far off after seeing Deadpool 2. So basically, you're figuring about 8 years....... :(
That is something that I'm not crazy about in how they're approaching the MCU strategy, The Marvels movie, I'm sure some are excited by it :rolleyes:, but fans want an X-Men movie. They've had the property for almost 3 years now, there's no excuse for not having an X-Men film in post-production right now. Is it really that difficult to find time to work in one of the comic books most popular titles?
Marvel's Infinity War plan was clear cut. Audiences got to see the Tesseract in Captain America: The First Avenger and Thanos in The Avengers. The blueprint had sure signs from the beginning of all three phases where it was possibly leading.

Then there is what has been presented since Endgame:
  • Multiverse tease (Spider-Man: Far From Home)
  • A beacon being broadcast to an unknown region of space (Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings)
  • Celestials ancient good and bad cosmic plan (Eternals)
  • Timeline/multiverse intro lesson for audiences #1 (Loki)
  • Multiverse intro lesson for audiences #2 (Spider-Man: No Way Home)
  • Multiverse intro lesson for audiences #3 (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness) and
  • Hierarchy of cosmic beings that are not from Asgard that includes Eternity (Thor: Love and Thunder)
As far as all of the above is concerned, I would love for anyone to help me know what Phase Four, Five and even Six are leading to because I am clueless. I do not know how the current plan will all tie together but I do not "see" how X-Men and the Fantastic Four fit in before 2025 at the earliest. Maybe I am wrong and one or both will hit theaters sooner than later but I am not holding my breath.

quickccc

Reaction score
I’d put it at 2025 more likely. I think they will introduce Fantastic Four in 23/24.

yes, .. yes ..
A far much more better, ..a much more improved ..finally done right Fantastic Four movie is exactly what fans want.
Its far too huge and popular Marvel franchise to be bummed and phased out the way it has been with two different directors, writers and film crews.

It's so very much that can be done, accomplished off a successful film, ... .not only just FF itself, but it could lead to great potential spinoffs
such as Silver Surfer,.. Galactus,.. Dr. Doom,.. The Inhumans,.. The Skrulls .... The Watchers, .. The Molecule Man,... The Frightful Four,..
Annihilus.... Blaastar... Mole-man... The Negative Zone .. Franklin Storrm .. etc.

BTW, a film for Dr. Doom was supposedly being discussed for development in 2017, but eventually got cancelled.
Ditto for the Silver Surfer film that was supposedly in development, but cancelled in 2018.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Marvel's Infinity War plan was clear cut. Audiences got to see the Tesseract in Captain America: The First Avenger and Thanos in The Avengers. The blueprint had sure signs from the beginning of all three phases where it was possibly leading.

Then there is what has been presented since Endgame:
  • Multiverse tease (Spider-Man: Far From Home)
  • A beacon being broadcast to an unknown region of space (Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings)
  • Celestials ancient good and bad cosmic plan (Eternals)
  • Timeline/multiverse intro lesson for audiences #1 (Loki)
  • Multiverse intro lesson for audiences #2 (Spider-Man: No Way Home)
  • Multiverse intro lesson for audiences #3 (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness) and
  • Hierarchy of cosmic beings that are not from Asgard that includes Eternity (Thor: Love and Thunder)
As far as all of the above is concerned, I would love for anyone to help me know what Phase Four, Five and even Six are leading to because I am clueless. I do not know how the current plan will all tie together but I do not "see" how X-Men and the Fantastic Four fit in before 2025 at the earliest. Maybe I am wrong and one or both will hit theaters sooner than later but I am not holding my breath.
That's thing I'm getting at, not every movie has to tie into the next movie, there's nothing wrong with having a stand alone story.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's thing I'm getting at, not every movie has to tie into the next movie, there's nothing wrong with having a stand alone story.
Well, I'm not Kevin Feige, who could provide a definitive understanding of what a standalone movie mean to Disney/Marvel, but I do not see that happening with that particular character.

If the MCU future plan is the same as in Phases 1 through 3, every movie is a sub-plot within an all-comprehensive plot. All movies have some large or minor tie with an upcoming film. Like Phase 1, Phase 3 is a restart of the new overall plot (whatever it may be).

Phase 1 provided examples of minor ties involving ending credits cut scenes:
  • Iron Man - Director Nick Fury telling Tony Stark about the Avengers Initiative (The Avengers)
  • The Incredible Hulk - (immediately before ending credits) Tony Stark tells General Ross "they" are putting together a team (The Avengers)
  • Iron Man 2 - Agent Coulson finding Mjolnir in the desert (Thor)
  • Thor - Fury showing the Tesseract to Professor Slevig, with unseen Loki using his shadow magic to watch and manipulate Slevig (The Avengers)
  • Captain America: The First Avenger - Basically a The Avengers trailer
Perhaps a minor tie-in, included to a previous movie, would be the best prelude to a standalone Cable movie based upon what has been seen so far in the MCU. Then the question becomes what other movie (or television series) would include the tie-in? Coming up are:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
The Marvels
Fantastic Four
Blade
She-Hulk
What...If? season 2
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Secret Invasion
Agatha: House of Harkness
Armor Wars
Echo
Ironheart

That may be an incomplete list of confirmed films and television series. Which movie or series could have a hypothetical tie-in to a time traveling, telepathic telekinetic, weapons master? I have a crazy imagination...

Guardians 3? Nathan might sense the threat of Adam Warlock and try to stop it but arrives after the team wins.
Fantastic Four? The team battles Kang the Conqueror, who opens a portal escape to Nathan's time.
Secret Invasion? Nathan gets mysteriously sucked in at the conclusion of the conflict, much to the surprise of Nick Fury. It's "secret" so anything can happen.

Now a realistic guess for me would be an appearance in What...If? The series, like the book, can explore anything imaginable or unimaginable. Like Captain Britian, they can shelve Nathan's eventual movie appearance when the time is "right".

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Well, I'm not Kevin Feige, who could provide a definitive understanding of what a standalone movie mean to Disney/Marvel, but I do not see that happening with that particular character.

If the MCU future plan is the same as in Phases 1 through 3, every movie is a sub-plot within an all-comprehensive plot. All movies have some large or minor tie with an upcoming film. Like Phase 1, Phase 3 is a restart of the new overall plot (whatever it may be).

Phase 1 provided examples of minor ties involving ending credits cut scenes:
  • Iron Man - Director Nick Fury telling Tony Stark about the Avengers Initiative (The Avengers)
  • The Incredible Hulk - (immediately before ending credits) Tony Stark tells General Ross "they" are pulling together a team (The Avengers)
  • Iron Man 2 - Agent Coulson finding Mjolnir in the desert (Thor)
  • Thor - Fury showing the Tesseract to Professor Slevig, with unseen Loki using his shadow magic to watch and manipulate Slevig (The Avengers)
  • Captain America: The First Avenger - Basically a The Avengers trailer
Perhaps a minor tie-in, included to a previous movie, would be the best prelude to a standalone Cable movie based upon what has been seen so far in the MCU. Then the question becomes what other movie (or television series) would include the tie-in? Coming up are:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
The Marvels
Fantastic Four
Blade
She-Hulk
What...If? season 2
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Secret Invasion
Agatha: House of Harkness
Armor Wars
Echo
Ironheart

That may be an incomplete list of confirmed films and television series. Which movie or series could have a hypothetical tie-in to a time traveling, telepathic telekinetic, firearms master? I have a crazy imagination...

Guardians 3? Nathan might sense the threat of Adam Warlock and try to stop it but arrives after the team wins.
Fantastic Four? The team battles Kang the Conqueror, who opens a portal escape to Nathan's time.
Secret Invasion? Nathan gets mysteriously sucked in at the conclusion of the conflict, much to the surprise of Nick Fury. It's "secret" so anything can happen.

Now a realistic guess for me would be an appearance in What...If? The series, like the book, can explore anything imaginable or unimaginable. Like Captain Britian, they can shelve Nathan's eventual movie appearance when the time is "right".
I think you left out the most obvious introduction or re-introduction for a Cable movie, a small cameo or end credit cut scene in Deadpool 3. They already have a connection and a hilarious "Not you again" moment would be great fan service. Or something as simple as an end credit cut scene, since Deadpool can break the 4th wall, wonder out loud...... "I wonder what my old pal Cable is up to these days" and a daydream effect that shows Cable and X-Force in some deep poo and of course Deadpool has some witty line for the scene, something like "I never noticed that Cable looks an awful like Thanos" .......... roll end credits and Marvel fans lose their collective minds.

As an introduction for the X-Men, an end credit cut scene for Black Panther 2, They show T'Challa's grave and Storm lays flowers and gives a short touching final farewell to the character and actor. This of course gives rise to Storm having a solo Disney+ show, which makes both of us very happy, and then, of course, leads to The Uncanny X-Men Movie........ and yes it should absolutely be called The Uncanny X-Men.

*mic drop*
:D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you left out the most obvious introduction or re-introduction for a Cable movie, a small cameo or end credit cut scene in Deadpool 3. They already have a connection and a hilarious "Not you again" moment would be great fan service. Or something as simple as an end credit cut scene, since Deadpool can break the 4th wall, wonder out loud...... "I wonder what my old pal Cable is up to these days" and a daydream effect that shows Cable and X-Force in some deep poo and of course Deadpool has some witty line for the scene, something like "I never noticed that Cable looks an awful like Thanos" .......... roll end credits and Marvel fans lose their collective minds.

As an introduction for the X-Men, an end credit cut scene for Black Panther 2, They show T'Challa's grave and Storm lays flowers and gives a short touching final farewell to the character and actor. This of course gives rise to Storm having a solo Disney+ show, which makes both of us very happy, and then, of course, leads to The Uncanny X-Men Movie........ and yes it should absolutely be called The Uncanny X-Men.

*mic drop*
:D
Good point about Deadpool 3, although I think Josh Brolin would be replaced for another actor. Similar to what happened with Edward Norton and The Incredible Hulk but without the clashes with the studio.

Methinks your imagination is a bit larger than mine with the X-Men introduction. There is a solid long history between Storm and T'Challa in the comics. However, a good part of Black Panther was devoted to T'Challa and Nakia's long-time relationship, that was more than friendship but less than courtship in nature. Fitting Storm in there would be awkward. I love the idea though and would not mind seeing it.
Not going to be too specific and make this a real spoiler. There may be a definite tie-in with MUTANTS in the final episode of Ms. Marvel.

If you have Disney+ and have not watched it yet, fast forward to 40:33 mark. Bruno and Kamala are having a discussion. Listen very closely to the music when Kamala hears what Bruno tells her his discovery. The tiny change in music is less than two seconds, so pay close attention. :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘See The Snyder Cut’: Avengers: Endgame Directors Joe and Anthony Russo Acknowledge Zack Snyder’s Justice League, Call it the Definitive DC Movie
By Subham Mandal | FandomWire
July 13, 2022

zsjl-1024x576.jpg

The Avengers: Endgame Directors Anthony and Joe Russo acknowledged Zack Snyder’s Snyder Cut recently in an interview. The director duo praised Snyder while they were in an interview with the Youtube channel WIRED. It’s been more than a year since the Snyder Cut came out but its legacy is still maintained and people continue to admire its beauty.

In the Interview with WIRED, when they were asked “What if the Russo Brothers directed The Justice League?” they replied by saying that Zack Snyder’s Justice League is the only absolute cut and fans do not need to watch anything else.

“I don’t know how to answer that,” Anthony said. “See the Snyder Cut. That’s the definitive cut” Joe further added, “Yeah, you don’t need to see anything else.”

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Batgirl Movie Release Date Officially Delayed
By Richard Nebens | The Direct
July 13, 2022

batgirl-movie-release-delay.jpg

The DC Extended Universe is set to move forward with countless new heroes and characters, including legacy heroes such as Leslie Grace's Batgirl coming to HBO Max. Under the leadership of Ms. Marvel directors Adil El Arbi and Billal Fallah, Grace will bring the franchise's take on Barbara Gordon to the expanding DC Universe, although there are still plenty of questions ahead of its debut.

Due to the much-publicized merger between Warner Bros. and Discovery, the DCEU has been in a major state of flux with regard to the franchise's upcoming releases, especially pertaining to the streaming/theatrical debate. For being another movie that will bring back Michael Keaton's Batman alongside Batgirl, the movie has largely flown under the radar, leading many to wonder what the deal is with its upcoming release.

Batgirl never came with an official release date, but reports indicated that it would arrive on HBO Max before 2022 came to an end alongside both Black Adam and Shazam!: Fury of the Gods in theaters. Now, thanks to the latest news surrounding this unique outing, the entire plan could be changing more than anybody expected.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Russo Brothers Reveal MCU Phase 5 Will Be Full of ‘Experimentation, Risks, Diversity’
By Gargi Mishra | FandomWire
July 14, 2022

phase5-1024x576.jpg

Russo Brothers want Marvel to continue experimenting in phase 5. With the Disney+ series, WandaVision that came out in January 2021, the Marvel Phase 4 began. The release of Thor: Love and Thunder is now well underway with many other series and movies to follow. Under Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios has grown and been highly successful at the box office. Avengers: Endgame is now the second highest-grossing movie of all time. The Russo Brothers helmed the movie along with its prequel Infinity War.

Joe and Anthony Russo have given Marvel Studios their biggest blockbuster. Now the two are hopefully coming back and recently they shared their thoughts on phase 5 of MCU. In a recent video uploaded by Variety on Twitter, the two answered the interviewer’s question as he asked the duo what they want to see in phase 5 of Marvel. The two said:

Joe Russo: “Oh wow.”
Anthony Russo: “Just more of what they’re doing. Just more adventurousness, exploration, experimentation. Just taking us to surprising places.”
Joe Russo: “Risks, diversity, everything that they’re doing, yeah.”

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duffer Brothers, Netflix adapting Death Note makes an anime fan largely apprehensive and mildly hopeful
By Siddhant Singh Rawat | News9Live
July 14, 2022

467535-still-from-death-note.webp

Historically, the hopes for a sound adaptation of Death Note are bleak, but that is exactly the kind of stories the Duffer Brothers are known to thrive upon, where the natural and the supernatural intersect.

The Duffer brothers (of Stranger Things fame) have created their own production studio called Upside Down Pictures and in their initial roster of projects is a familiar name, one that even non-anime fans know of by now: Death Note.

Going by Stranger Things' roaring success, new projects from the Duffer duo would ideally generate a lot of hype (as they should), but the problem at hand is one that has been plaguing the industry for years: Anime adaptations just do not seem to work in the live-action format, and for good reason.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans argue if ‘The Batman’ is still the year’s best comic book movie
By Scott Campbell | We Got this Covered
July 14, 2022

morbius-thor-love-and-thunder-the-batman.jpg

Even through the worst of the [censored], the superhero genre continued to prove itself as the most bankable genre in the industry, and 2022 has simply carried on from where almost every other year dating back to the turn of the millennium has left off. We might have only just crossed the halfway mark on the calendar, but is The Batman still the comic book blockbuster to beat?

That’s the argument fans are having on social media as we speak, and as you’d expect, virtual hands are preparing to be thrown. Based entirely from the perspective of Rotten Tomatoes critical and audience scores, Matt Reeves’ dark and atmospheric reboot is at the head of the pack, but it’s never quite as cut-and-dried as that.

Read more

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Good point about Deadpool 3, although I think Josh Brolin would be replaced for another actor. Similar to what happened with Edward Norton and The Incredible Hulk but without the clashes with the studio.

Methinks your imagination is a bit larger than mine with the X-Men introduction. There is a solid long history between Storm and T'Challa in the comics. However, a good part of Black Panther was devoted to T'Challa and Nakia's long-time relationship, that was more than friendship but less than courtship in nature. Fitting Storm in there would be awkward. I love the idea though and would not mind seeing it.
Not going to be too specific and make this a real spoiler. There may be a definite tie-in with MUTANTS in the final episode of Ms. Marvel.

If you have Disney+ and have not watched it yet, fast forward to 40:33 mark. Bruno and Kamala are having a discussion. Listen very closely to the music when Kamala hears what Bruno tells her his discovery. The tiny change in music is less than two seconds, so pay close attention. :D
That's why I think an end credit scene would work, Storm doesn't interfere with the movie, but still give her a private but effective way to pay her respects. The solo series begins with a Where have you been Storm and room goes quiet except for one person and they have their connection briefly but somberly explained.

I think I was watching Ms Marvel when you posted this.....lol. I did catch that. :D

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with marvel and superhero movies is that they suck. They need to invest heavy in writing and graphics, and go full animation/.cgi. No more actors. They should have stopped with the first guardians of the galaxy. It has gone downhill quickly

quickccc

Reaction score
That's why I think an end credit scene would work, Storm doesn't interfere with the movie, but still give her a private but effective way to pay her respects. The solo series begins with a Where have you been Storm and room goes quiet except for one person and they have their connection briefly but somberly explained.

I think I was watching Ms Marvel when you posted this.....lol. I did catch that. :D

Yes, Storm, Magneto and Professor Xavier would be very intriguing and compelling origins.

Should studio keep going with the same Fox's Storm actress Alexandria Stripp ?
Or re-cast a new one ? We know Halle's gonna be too way expensive,..

Should Shadow King be part of Storm's background origin in her solo movie ?

77f31e6344cc300d205475ca1e69976f.jpg

a2b45a362bea0043a01b82deeb93151c.jpg

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yes, Storm, Magneto and Professor Xavier would be very intriguing and compelling origins.

Should studio keep going with the same Fox's Storm actress Alexandria Stripp ?
Or re-cast a new one ? We know Halle's gonna be too way expensive,..

Should Shadow King be part of Storm's background origin in her solo movie ?

77f31e6344cc300d205475ca1e69976f.jpg

a2b45a362bea0043a01b82deeb93151c.jpg
Halle Berry is too old for an MCU reboot. Shipp would be alright, but would be fine with a re-cast. I think Shadow King should be a part, but not too much focus as their are many other interesting parts as well. Any ideas who could be the new Storm? Or stay with Shipp?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Halle Berry is too old for an MCU reboot. Shipp would be alright, but would be fine with a re-cast. I think Shadow King should be a part, but not too much focus as their are many other interesting parts as well. Any ideas who could be the new Storm? Or stay with Shipp?
IeJSJSy.jpg