Comics and Movies

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
That's twice in your last few posts in which the word "gif" seems to be substituted for the word "for". Is that an inside joke, or a really odd autocorrect situation?

pronounce-it-gif-Ted-Lasso.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Posted my review of Shazam! in the Rate the Last Movie You Saw thread. Better than I thought it would be. Almost absolute zero regrets skipping it until now.

My only regret was either not knowing or intentionally having amnesia about Meagan Good briefly appearing in it. Just how the HECK did that happen? :banghead:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Posted my review of Shazam! in the Rate the Last Movie You Saw thread. Better than I thought it would be. Almost absolute zero regrets skipping it until now.

My only regret was either not knowing or intentionally having amnesia about Meagan Good briefly appearing in it. Just how the HECK did that happen? :banghead:
I'm very surprised you hadn't seen it until now.

quickccc

Reaction score
Answer: X-Men: First Class. And it's not close.

Awhile back, I created an animated gif sarcastically illustrating my opinions of all the mutant movies starting with X-Men and ended before the release of The New Mutants. It is easy to follow. The higher the Batmobile travels, the higher my opinion of a film. The lower the Batmobile travels, the lower my opinion of that particular movie. I have re-posted it below

2nCYuKw.gif

As anyone can see, the Batmobile drives up a good size hill for X2 but climbs the second highest incline to reach X: FC along the road.

You would be right if the Batmobile appears to drive off a cliff for X-Men: The Last Stand. :muttley:

ALL X-MEN MOVIES RANKED

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/all-x-men-movies-ranked/

https://www.vulture.com/article/best-x-men-movies-ranked.html

https://variety.com/lists/x-men-movie-ranking/

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/04/x-men-movies-ranked-dr1/

https://loudandclearreviews.com/all-x-men-movies-ranked-from-worst-to-best/

ea9ff9eb1056c6251d4fd5239c73695b.jpg

60ba4b965176eb58a785c9925125948c.jpg

ceab10fc4390345ec244b53ba59790fc.jpg

22fa1369ae80ae1001eb893748ed044c.jpg

4d84cb93ec323d2c2d507983c08875bf.jpg

ea6790c22c2c206a64e50c55bb456a1e.jpg

d91707014d3b83d538bb2dcffb55742f.jpg

746d4ad683b74f814e25b590953134bb.jpg

002b6a4e4d53d5f958c4a1be5748633f.jpg

e9ecc4c40be7bcac10a20892114e5e9e.jpg

b53c7afc296e2d26613208fa2475bea5.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm very surprised you hadn't seen it until now.
Well, I have expectations for these movie and television adaptations and do not like being disappointed. I thought Shazam! would not be what I expected.

That is what made me wait. It would have likely been forever if not for Black Adam. In the end, I was right. Shazam! was far from what I had hoped it would be.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The various rankings inspired me to see which one would most closely match mine.

5m1G9m6.jpg

Both Rotten Tomatoes and Loud and Clear Reviews matched five of my rankings. However, I am giving the edge to LACR for matching my top three in order.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DC Comic-Con Panel Doesn't Leave Fans With Much While Marvel Has Projects Till 2025. Are Amber, Ezra To Blame?
By Sanyukta Thakare | Mashable India
July 25, 2022

dc-marvel-copy_txzn.1248.jpg

The DC Extended Universe panel at 2022’s San Diego Comic-Con focused on new looks at the two upcoming films Shazam! Fury of the Gods and Black Adam. Many DC fans were hoping that Warner Bros will announce sequels led by DC superhero Batman played by Ben Affleck, and Henry Cavill as Superman but both were no where to be seen. However, a panel discussion ended up taking place with trailer of Black Adam and teaser of Shazam 2 which left fans disappointed.

DCEU previously had several projects green lit, including return of Ben Affleck as Batman, but the actor in interviews revealed he has no plans to play the cape crusader again. Fans have also been waiting on a confirmation of Man Of Steel sequel led by Henry Cavill. After Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League failed to impress the audience, it was Zack Snyder’s Justice League that brought back widespread interest in seeing Henry as Superman once again. The film also brought back the loyal fan base of Snyderverse and it was expected that Warner Bros will take the chance at Comic-Con 2022 to revive the DECU to its former glory.

DC has been facing trouble at the box office for years, but with Batman and several other green lit projects fans were hoping things will finally turn around in 2022 after Batman and announcement of Joker 2. Especially since, Marvel announced over 10 projects at Comic-Con including two Avengers films as well as trailer and logo clips for awaited films like Black Panther 2, Secret Invasion, Ant-Man sequel. Fans took to their social media accounts to express their disappointment and turned it into hilarious memes.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EISNER AWARDS 2022: TYNION IV, WINDSOR-SMITH EACH BAG THREE AWARDS
By Brigid Alverson | ICv2
July 25, 2022

650x650_33f952f7c4c1c8f8e05311a8b1c028e24072821b061c784334c2954e.jpg

SDCC News: For the first time since 2019, the Eisner Awards ceremony was held in person rather than online, as part of the return of Comic-Con International in San Diego. The ceremony was held on July 23.

Barry Windsor-Smith’s Monsters won the award for Best Graphic Novel – New, and his work on the book also garnered him the Eisners for Best Writer/Artist and Best Lettering. James Tynion IV took home the award for Best Writer for the second year in a row; his series The Nice House on the Lake, with artist Alvaro Martinez Bueno, won Best New Series; and his ongoing series Something Is Killing the Children, with artist Werther Dell’Edera, was tied for the Best Continuing Series award with Bitter Root, by David F. Walker, Chuck Brown, and Sanford Greene (which also won the same award in 2020).

Run, the sequel to the multi-award winning March, won the Eisner for Best Graphic Memoir.

Here is the full list of winners:

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Murder of Wonder Woman with the highest R rating is Too Dark for DC
By Marry Clark | somagnews.com
July 24, 2022

wonder_woman__039_s_most_r_rated_kill_is_too_dark_for_the_dceu_-840x420.jpg

Being a warrior and a hero, Wonder Woman has already killed various enemies, and her most horrific murder was too vivid for the DCEU. Comics don’t have to worry about that, and that’s why they were able to get Wonder Woman to commit violence that she can’t commit on the big screen.

Wonder Woman learned how to fight from the Amazons on Themyscira. This taught her a lot of combat abilities, and also prepared her to use them. Apart from her abilities, this training makes her such an effective hero. This helped her defeat God-like threats that she could not defeat by force alone. It also sometimes led her to disagreements with Batman and Superman, who are less inclined to kill. This happened most famously when she killed Maxwell Lord to free Superman from his control. But while Lord was probably her most impressive kill, her most horrific kill came when she was fighting the Gorgon Medusa.

In “Wonder Woman # 210” by Greg Ruck and Drew Johnson, Wonder Woman must fight Medusa in a one-on-one deathmatch. Gorgon had previously killed a boy close to Diana, so the Amazon wants revenge. Medusa tries to make Wonder Woman meet her gaze in order to turn her into stone, but Wonder Woman has various precautions to prevent this, such as the blindfold worn under her helmet. In the end, Medusa manages to strip Wonder Woman of her armor and protection, but at the same time Diana grabs some of her snake hair and sprays poison into her eyes, blinding herself. She can then chop off her opponent’s head without fear of petrification.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Star Trek's Alex Kurtzman Offers Update On Whether A Deep Space Nine Revival Could Happen In The New Era
By Mick Joest | Cinema Blend
July 24, 2022

i5Nhngq2P9nrWWY7h2ahcW-1200-80.jpg.webp

Paramount+ subscribers have a lot of new Star Trek content coming to them in the years to come, but that doesn’t mean fans would turn away even more content. Especially when it comes to more revival-esque projects, as there are many fans interested in seeing Deep Space Nine and/or its characters could return for a revival of some kind, especially after it was revealed that the Lower Decks crew will visit the outpost in Season 3. Alex Kurtzman was put on the spot about making more DS9 content, and gave San Diego Comic-Con attendees a fairly surprising update.

Star Trek has already reflected on the past with meaningful shows and storylines for characters featured in The Next Generation and Voyager, but Deep Space Nine hasn’t received as much attention to this point. It sounds like that might soon change, with CinemaBlend present at the SDCC Star Trek panel to hear Kurtzman’s intriguing response to a fan who asked for more new content focusing on Deep Space Nine’s characters. In his words:
Um, I’m trying to answer your question without revealing anything. I think we’re always having conversations about the history of Star Trek, and obviously, Sisko is a critical, critical figure for everybody. Conversations definitely have been had.
Read more

quickccc

Reaction score

AVENGERS - THE KANG DYNASTY

9d0dd0b8efc451a2536b2b5d815eca53.jpg

This Movie Poster is surely fan-made... but the early image already places the delight thought and idea of the next future Avengers movie ...

quickccc

Reaction score
Star Trek's Alex Kurtzman Offers Update On Whether A Deep Space Nine Revival Could Happen In The New Era
By Mick Joest | Cinema Blend
July 24, 2022

i5Nhngq2P9nrWWY7h2ahcW-1200-80.jpg.webp

Paramount+ subscribers have a lot of new Star Trek content coming to them in the years to come, but that doesn’t mean fans would turn away even more content. Especially when it comes to more revival-esque projects, as there are many fans interested in seeing Deep Space Nine and/or its characters could return for a revival of some kind, especially after it was revealed that the Lower Decks crew will visit the outpost in Season 3. Alex Kurtzman was put on the spot about making more DS9 content, and gave San Diego Comic-Con attendees a fairly surprising update.

Star Trek has already reflected on the past with meaningful shows and storylines for characters featured in The Next Generation and Voyager, but Deep Space Nine hasn’t received as much attention to this point. It sounds like that might soon change, with CinemaBlend present at the SDCC Star Trek panel to hear Kurtzman’s intriguing response to a fan who asked for more new content focusing on Deep Space Nine’s characters. In his words:

Read more

If Jeri Ryan and LaVar Burton ain't back in there reunited as well ... i ain't interested .. :p

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jeri Ryan and LaVar Burton ain't back on there reunited ... i ain't interested .. :p
Fans will love seeing both on the third season of Picard. Neither were DS9 alums, so no one should be interested with that condition. ;)

I have been hoping for Deep Space Nine follow-up for a long time. Paramount treats the series like Disney treats The Incredible Hulk: "Who's Edward Norton?" Sorta pisses me off.

quickccc

Reaction score
The various rankings inspired me to see which one would most closely match mine.

5m1G9m6.jpg

Both Rotten Tomatoes and Loud and Clear Reviews matched five of my rankings. However, I am giving the edge to LACR for matching my top three in order.

wow, very nice Chart up work @DallasEast ....Thanks for Sharing ...

Here's a look at My own list and rankings:

1 First Class
2 Xmen 2: United
3 Xmen Days of Future Past
4 Xmen
5 Deadpool
6 Logan
7 Deadpool 2
8 Xmen Apocalypse
9 Xmen Last Stand
10 Dark Phoenix
11 The Wolverine
12 Xmen Origins Wolverine
13 The New Mutants

:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AVENGERS - THE KANG DYNASTY

9d0dd0b8efc451a2536b2b5d815eca53.jpg

This Movie Poster is surely fan-made... but the early image already places the delight thought and idea of the next future Avengers movie ...

The announcements certainly invite speculation and conversation. We can speculate for years now
  1. Who will be cast as the new FF?
  2. Who will make up the Thunderbolts?
  3. What will the Avengers look like at that point?
  4. Will we see any big name returns?

There’s a LOT to unpack after all of those SDCC announcements.