Comics and Movies

quickccc

Reaction score
The announcements certainly invite speculation and conversation. We can speculate for years now
  1. Who will be cast as the new FF?
  2. Who will make up the Thunderbolts?
  3. What will the Avengers look like at that point?
  4. Will we see any big name returns?

There’s a LOT to unpack after all of those SDCC announcements.

If there's the talk of Phase 5, then does this mean both live action theater movie... as well as as Disney series ?
And which are headed towards series (She hulk for sure) but what about " Echoes "
......" Secret Wars "

I'll take a guess and say Kang Dynasty film will include new members that has had some related connections with past Avengers
- ala Iron Heart, the new Black Panther (Shukri?) ...and She-Hulk.
while the existing members i still see as the Vision, Wanda, Dr. Strange, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Hulk,. .unfortunately Hawkeye and Capt. Marvel (Zzzzz)...
of course Nick Fury and his cat-eye patch will also return. .

My questions is will Spiderman be included with Avengers/Kang ? ...and how or will Kang film set up

I keep hearing rumors about re-appearance of the big names of Downey Jr. and Chris Evans, ..but would they be mere cameo appearances,
such as dreams, mirages flashback past memories ?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If there's the talk of Phase 5, then does this mean both live action theater movie... as well as as Disney series ?
And which are headed towards series (She hulk for sure) but what about " Echoes "
......" Secret Wars "

Youtube has Feige’s announcements from ComicCon. That will answer a lot of your questions.

I'll take a guess and say Kang Dynasty film will include new members that has had some related connections with past Avengers
- ala Iron Heart, the new Black Panther (Shukri?) ...and She-Hulk.
while the existing members i still see as the Vision, Wanda, Dr. Strange, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Hulk,. .unfortunately Hawkeye and Capt. Marvel (Zzzzz)...
of course Nick Fury and his cat-eye patch will also return. .

Re - Wanda. Have you seen the new Dr Strange yet?

My questions is will Spiderman be included with Avengers/Kang ? ...and how or will Kang film set up

I expect them to try but I’m not sure where Sony and Marvel stand contractually, much less Tom Holland. After the recent success, I think Holland is playing the ‘Downey card’ to maximize his next contract.

I keep hearing rumors about re-appearance of the big names of Downey Jr. and Chris Evans, ..but would they be mere cameo appearances,
such as dreams, mirages flashback past memories ?

My advice to anyone talking about that is to not get your hopes up. All parties have moved on.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
......" Secret Wars "
Echo (no "es") will be a Summer 2023 Disney+ series.

Avengers: Secret Wars will hit theaters November 2025. The movie should not be confused with the Spring 2023 Disney+ series, Secret Invasion.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Important note: The Falcon is retired. Sam Wilson is now Captain America as seen in last year's The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

I hope by now that is not a spoiler. If it helps, think Cap but with wings. :muttley:

For non-geeks reading the thread, Wilson becoming Captain America is comics book canon and not something newly conceived solely for the MCU. The event occurred in the Captain America title issue #25 back in 2014.

quickccc

Reaction score
The announcements certainly invite speculation and conversation. We can speculate for years now
  1. Who will make up the Thunderbolts?

There’s a LOT to unpack after all of those SDCC announcements.

It's the Thunderbolts that i have to do my due diligence on, .. as i've never saw or read a single Marvel Comic issue that featured them, or went against
Avengers, FF, Xmen, XFactor, Guardians of the Galaxy or even an Alpha Flight.

And Thunder Bolts were somehow connected with era of the villain Onslaught, and that sprung their group origin and member recruiting, ..
And from my read on, there were several Thunder Bolts group at one time or another ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Thunderbolts_members

quickccc

Reaction score
Important note: The Falcon is retired. Sam Wilson is now Captain America as seen in last year's The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

I hope by now that is not a spoiler. If it helps, think Cap but with wings. :muttley:

For non-geeks reading the thread, Wilson becoming Captain America is comics book canon and not something newly conceived solely for the MCU. The event occurred in the Captain America title issue #25 back in 2014.

so i guess his ole faithful winged-companion drone " Red Wing" is now retired too, .. ? ..... :D

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's the Thunderbolts that i have to do my due diligence on, .. as i've never saw or read a single Marvel Comic issue that featured them, or went against
Avengers, FF, Xmen, XFactor, Guardians of the Galaxy or even an Alpha Flight.

And Thunder Bolts were somehow connected with era of the villain Onslaught, and that sprung their group origin and member recruiting, ..
And from my read on, there were several Thunder Bolts group at one time or another ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Thunderbolts_members

There have been a lot of incarnations of the Thunderbolts. Just think of criminals doing the ‘hero team’ thing. For various reasons. Similar in some ways to Suicide Squad but different in others.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There have been a lot of incarnations of the Thunderbolts. Just think of criminals doing the ‘hero team’ thing. For various reasons. Similar in some ways to Suicide Squad but different in others.
I liked both Suicide Squad movies more than the average audience but I am almost 100% certain Thunderbolts will be far superior to them given Disney's track record. It makes me feel sad knowing DC will get put in its place AGAIN before a Marvel movie has even reached post-production lol.

quickccc

Reaction score
I liked both Suicide Squad movies more than the average audience but I am almost 100% certain Thunderbolts will be far superior to them given Disney's track record. It makes me feel sad knowing DC will get put in its place AGAIN before a Marvel movie has even reached post-production lol.

What top tier movie production studios could take DC Comic film productions over, ..and make it even half level of success and popularity that Marvel film productions
has become ?

Something Warner Brothers DC studios really hasn't done ... so it seems ...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Based on the recent news, they couldn’t even get ComicCon right.
:facepalm:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What top tier movie production studios could take DC Comic film productions over, ..and make it even half level of success and popularity that Marvel film productions
has become ?

Something Warner Brothers DC studios really hasn't done ... so it seems ...
Great question. The options list would be short in my opinion.

I would choose Paramount Pictures. Before Disney bought the Marvel Properties rights in late 2020, the studio produced or co-produced the first two Iron Man films, Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor. I would gamble investing a billion or two in them to produce a better consistent product than Warner Bros.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on the recent news, they couldn’t even get ComicCon right.
:facepalm:
Disney should have paid Patrick Stewart to attend the DC panel so he could have done multiple facepalms in person. Fans attending the panel would have kept glancing over where he was seated and said, "oh snap." :laugh:

Edit: I corrected his last name after he ordered, "Make it so." :p Nah. I did it after @Runwildboys caught it. :muttley:

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nah, just the mere presence of Harley Quinn gives Suicide Squad a leg up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stewart...STEWART...STEWARTTTTTT!

kramer-yelling.gif

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Fans will love seeing both on the third season of Picard. Neither were DS9 alums, so no one should be interested with that condition. ;)

I have been hoping for Deep Space Nine follow-up for a long time. Paramount treats the series like Disney treats The Incredible Hulk: "Who's Edward Norton?" Sorta pisses me off.
I don't know how I feel about a funny, witty Professor Hulk. His personality seems closer now to what I expect from Ben Grimm or Hank McCoy, highly intelligent, keen sense of humor with strength based skills.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

That's something I've never been fond of, Captain America is too much of an icon. Steve Rogers is Captain America, Sam Wilson is just The Falcon with a different costume. I think you can substitute heroes with other people if the identity is meant to be secret, for the most part.

The Dallas Cowboys are America's Team and it's fine to give the "88" jersey to the next up and coming WR, but I never called Aikman "Captain America". And it doesn't matter what Washington changes it's name to, they'll always be the "name that may not be mentioned" :p