Comics and Movies

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Which ship is best?

blfJ1Q9.gif

I'm a bigger Star Trek fan than a fan of The Expanse but I would side with The Rocinante. It's sublight and has no shields but would be crazy to deal with in a close combat fight.

On another note, it is criminal that The Expanse sixth season ended after six episodes. I know the rest of its story would not be told but an abbreviated season was idiotic.

Just pay for four more episodes. It is not like Jeff Bezos or Amazon is hurting for money.
The Defiant also has artificial gravity, a replicator, more powerful and accurate weaponry, an interactive computer, a more dependable and longer lasting power source, and certainly more maneuverability. The Rocinante is much more realistic for today's technologies, but if I could actually choose one or the other?......It's the Defiant, and it's not even close.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It should be noted Disney/Marvel has called MCU Phases 4 though 6 The Multiverse Saga, beginning with WandaVision on Disney+ and will end with Avengers: Secret Wars in 2025.

In the comics, Secret Wars' story revolves around distinct separate realities combined together. I think it is safe saying these phases are the literal definition of working intertwined realities.

DC's Elsewheres, and even Marvel's What If..?, are different from the multiverse definition. These are stories from separate realities that do not intermix with each other.

Marvel is proactively and intentionally meshing everything together into one huge world. It makes the likelihood of their version of an independent story movie like Joker. I know some do not like the "world" Disney/Marvel is creating in these phases but it's going to an extended dislike for sure.
This I agree with 100% even though not for the exact same reasons necessarily.
Yes but the concept of a Multiverse or parallel universe still allows writers a way to explore characters in a way the don't necessarily exist in the main world. In that context in they do exist as in a "What If" scenario. Whether it is depicted in the "phases" is immaterial because in an infinite of universes all those stories are possible and only limited to imagination and what they choose to portray.

It's not about whether someone likes or dislikes the "MCU" world, the world they created is fine but will be limited by what Disney will allow to be portrayed. In an infinite number of universes there probably is an Avengers team that resemble "The Boys". I'm not saying they should do that, but there are many types of stories that can't be told because it doesn't fit within the established MCU or fit within Disney's image.

I think the Marvels Zombies could be kinda cool and an example of doing something different that doesn't necessarily fit within the MCU. Not everything has to fit and those writers methods to make it happen is a way to explain it. In the past, DC has allowed a certain amount of flexibility, good and bad, but doubtful we will see that kind of flexibility from Disney.

nobody

Reaction score
Which ship is best?

blfJ1Q9.gif

I'm a bigger Star Trek fan than a fan of The Expanse but I would side with The Rocinante. It's sublight and has no shields but would be crazy to deal with in a close combat fight.

On another note, it is criminal that The Expanse sixth season ended after six episodes. I know the rest of its story would not be told but an abbreviated season was idiotic.

Just pay for four more episodes. It is not like Jeff Bezos or Amazon is hurting for money.

The Expanse is hard sci-fi, rooted in science. Star Trek wants to be hard sci-fi but is closer to sci-fantasy because if it's technology that isn't really feasible.

That being said, if I had to serve on a ship, it would be the defiant because it would survive more than the Rocinante even if I like the Roci better.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prey Proves Amber Midthunder Could Be the MCU's Perfect X-23
By Renaldo Matadeen
Published 7 hours ago
Amber Midthunder's emotional range, as well as her physical chops, as Naru in Hulu's Prey is a great audition to become the MCU's deadly X-23.
https://www.cbr.com/prey-amber-midthunder-perfect-x-23-mcu-xmen/

I can see that, think she would be a great casting choice. I liked her in "Legion" also.
Haven't watched Prey yet, so I will skip the article for now because of spoilers. I did not watch very much of Legion so I cannot place her in my mind. Hopefully I will see the movie soon.

Loved Dafne Keen as the character in Logan and wondered if should be too old to reprise the role if Disney/Marvel ever reintroduced X-23. She is in His Dark Materials. It seems like the show's third season will never come to HBO. :(

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Haven't watched Prey yet, so I will skip the article for now because of spoilers. I did not watch very much of Legion so I cannot place her in my mind. Hopefully I will see the movie soon.

Loved Dafne Keen as the character in Logan and wondered if should be too old to reprise the role if Disney/Marvel ever reintroduced X-23. She is in His Dark Materials. It seems like the show's third season will never come to HBO. :(
She was part of Kerry and Cary Loudermilk, 2 mutants that shared a body, she would come out of his body from time to time. He was the scientist, she was the enforcer.

latest

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She was part of Kerry and Cary Loudermilk, 2 mutants that shared a body, she would come out of his body from time to time. He was the scientist, she was the enforcer.

latest
I tried Edge, Chrome and Safari plus cleared my cache but the image is not showing for me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ghosts of Comics’ Past: 1962
By Drew Bradley | Multiversity Comics
August 15th, 2022

timthumb.php

Multiversity’s history column returns with another installment of its year-by-year analysis of the comic industry. Before moving forward with today’s coverage of 1962, you might want to revisit 1960 and 1961.

The Giants Falter
Dell, the industry giant and sales leader, had attempted to set a new standard when it bowed to inflationary pressure in 1961 and instituted the first price increase since comic books were invented about 30 years earlier. When readers saw the change from ten cents to fifteen, they revolted and sales plummeted. When DC and Marvel, Dell’s main competitors, raised their prices to twelve cents in 1962, readers were unhappy accepting. Dell tried lowering prices to match, but the damage was done and their lost readers didn’t return. The turmoil caused a split between Dell and its printer, Western Printing & Lithography. Dell reacted to lost sales by cancelling licensed titles, which were less profitable than original material, and bringing its printing business in-house. The axe even came down on the long-running anthology “Four Color,” which had over 1300 issues to its name. Western responded by creating the Gold Key imprint and continuing some of Dell’s more popular licensed properties. Its initial titles included “Donald Duck,” “Bugs Bunny,” “Tarzan,” and “The Lone Ranger.”

Gilberton, another industry leader, had found success in the niche business of adapting literary works into the comic format under the banner “Classics Illustrated.” Their readers often used the adaptations as “study aids” in school. After twenty years or so of brisk business, sales took a dip in the early 1960s when competition arrived in the form of “Cliff Notes.” Gilberton’s true enemy and downfall, however, was the US Postal Service.

From the beginning, the USPS quietly guided comic evolution with an invisible hand through its arbitrary regulations for second class postage rates, and arbitrary enforcement of same. Second class postage was a reduced shipping rate for periodicals shipped to subscribers, and publishers would bend over backwards to get it because a comic shipped to a subscriber was somewhere around 800% more profitable than one sold on a newsstand. At the same time, the application for the rate was several hundred dollars and non-refundable, so publishers would also try to cheat the system by continuing the numbering of a canceled title under a new name, hoping no one would notice the switch. It was this unscrupulous practice by others that got Gilberton in hot water.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The CW Sold Off To Nexstar Media
By: Matt McGloin | Cosmic Book News
August 15, 2022

cw-nexstar-720x405.jpg.webp

Confirming what has been reported for months, The CW has been sold off to Nexstar Media Group which will own a 75% stake in the network, with Warner Bros. Discovery and Paramount retaining 12.5% each.

The press release found below also confirms Mark Pedowitz will continue as chairman and CEO of The CW and that Warner Bros Discovery and Paramount will continue to make content for the network.

Recently saw a slew of canceled shows at The CW, including Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow, and Naomi, and it has been announced next year’s The Flash Season 9 will be its last.

In a surprise move, it also became known at the end of Superman & Lois Season 2 that the show is not a part of the Arrowverse and exists in its own universe and is its own thing, so that means once The Flash ends with Season 9, the Arrowverse will be officially over.

https://cosmicbook.news/the-cw-gets-sold-off-nexstar-media
Read more

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The CW Sold Off To Nexstar Media
By: Matt McGloin | Cosmic Book News
August 15, 2022

cw-nexstar-720x405.jpg.webp

Confirming what has been reported for months, The CW has been sold off to Nexstar Media Group which will own a 75% stake in the network, with Warner Bros. Discovery and Paramount retaining 12.5% each.

The press release found below also confirms Mark Pedowitz will continue as chairman and CEO of The CW and that Warner Bros Discovery and Paramount will continue to make content for the network.

Recently saw a slew of canceled shows at The CW, including Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow, and Naomi, and it has been announced next year’s The Flash Season 9 will be its last.

In a surprise move, it also became known at the end of Superman & Lois Season 2 that the show is not a part of the Arrowverse and exists in its own universe and is its own thing, so that means once The Flash ends with Season 9, the Arrowverse will be officially over.

Read more
Those shows in the Arrowverse (Forgot it was even called that.) are all corny. That's not to say I don't watch any of them when I have nothing better to watch, but I won't miss them. Green Arrow was one I never got into, I tried it at first, but I just couldn't stand his character. Just a cocky DB, for the most part.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those shows in the Arrowverse (Forgot it was even called that.) are all corny. That's not to say I don't watch any of them when I have nothing better to watch, but I won't miss them. Green Arrow was one I never got into, I tried it at first, but I just couldn't stand his character. Just a cocky DB, for the most part.
The only two CW superhero series I did watch more than three seasons was Smallville and The Flash. I watched all ten seasons Smallville but stopped at about season six (I think) of The Flash.

Arrow was decent. It's just that I never bit on the show during the few times I tried watching it.

The CW kills me. I could not stand Legends of Tomorrow and I do not know how many seasons it ran. I enjoyed Naomi but it was cancelled after one season.

What is even more funny is that I refused to watch Naomi ON The CW because I thought it was tainted for just being on the network. Then I started watching the series on HBO Max on a whim about two months ago, made it through the season finale, checked for any news on season two and BAM! Cancelled. Just my crazy luck I guess. :p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only two CW superhero series I did watch more than three seasons was Smallville and The Flash. I watched all ten seasons Smallville but stopped at about season six (I think) of The Flash.

Arrow was decent. It's just that I never bit on the show during the few times I tried watching it.

The CW kills me. I could not stand Legends of Tomorrow and I do not know how many seasons it ran. I enjoyed Naomi but it was cancelled after one season.

What is even more funny is that I refused to watch Naomi ON The CW because I thought it was tainted for just being on the network. Then I started watching the series on HBO Max on a whim about two months ago, made it through the season finale, checked for any news on season two and BAM! Cancelled. Just my crazy luck I guess. :p
Smallville was excellent! I watch The Flash, Supergirl and Batwoman for the gorgeous women. I watched Legends of Tomorrow, and asked myself 'why?' during every single episode. It's like it was so bad, I had to see how much worse it could get.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smallville was excellent! I watch The Flash, Supergirl and Batwoman for the gorgeous women. I watched Legends of Tomorrow, and asked myself 'why?' during every single episode. It's like it was so bad, I had to see how much worse it could get.
LoT was gawd awful but it kept... getting... renewed. It's like someone had pictures hidden and was blackmailing the network to keep them on the air.

Could not get into Batwoman. Still do not understand why Ruby Rose cut bait so quickly.

Did watch the first two or three seasons of Supergirl and gave up on it. I am sorry. It is her show. However, it is mind-blowing to me that Superman made it to Earth before her BUT you don't see Superman. At all. Or at least I did not see him.

The Martian Manhunter was a nice touch while I was watching though. And I heard Mon-El joined the show later on but could not bring myself to check him out.

I am glad the series started out on CBS. The material was not strong enough to keep it on a major network though. That's too bad. Melissa Benoist was a real good choice to play Kara but I think there might have been better actresses when her part was cast.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LoT was gawd awful but it kept... getting... renewed. It's like someone had pictures hidden and was blackmailing the network to keep them on the air.

Could not get into Batwoman. Still do not understand why Ruby Rose cut bait so quickly.

Did watch the first two or three seasons of Supergirl and gave up on it. I am sorry. It is her show. However, it is mind-blowing to me that Superman made it to Earth before her BUT you don't see Superman. At all. Or at least I did not see him.

The Martian Manhunter was a nice touch while I was watching though. And I heard Mon-El joined the show later on but could not bring myself to check him out.

I am glad the series started out on CBS. The material was not strong enough to keep it on a major network though. That's too bad. Melissa Benoist was a real good choice to play Kara but I think there might have been better actresses when her part was cast.
Superman did make an occasional appearance. It was the same actor who plays Supes in Superman and Lois. I think he plays the part well, but I don't care for the woman who plays Lois.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Superman did make an occasional appearance. It was the same actor who plays Supes in Superman and Lois. I think he plays the part well, but I don't care for the woman who plays Lois.
Haven't got too much into Superman and Lois yet but I would take Elizabeth Tulloch over Kate Bosworth (Superman Returns) to play the character any day.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mmmmmm......No, not me. Why is Lois so often played by an unattractive woman?
That is harsh. Drugged old Margot Kidder was unattractive. She may not have been Marilyn Monroe playing beside Christopher Reeve but she was not unattractive in my opinion. Bosworth. Teri Hatcher. Amy Adams. Even Erica Durance. I would not put that label on them.

Who is an attractive actress you would like see play Lane? You know, Megan Fox did her voice in a Robot Chicken episode a few years back. :muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is harsh. Drugged old Margot Kidder was unattractive. She may not have been Marilyn Monroe playing beside Christopher Reeve but she was not unattractive in my opinion. Bosworth. Teri Hatcher. Amy Adams. Even Erica Durance. I would not put that label on them.

Who is an attractive actress you would like see play Lane? You know, Megan Fox did her voice in a Robot Chicken episode a few years back. :muttley:
Margot Kidder was very unattractive. Amy Adams isn't too bad, but I don't find her particularly attractive. Erica Durance is a goddess, fitting of the role, IMO. Teri Hatcher was decent. Bosworth was pretty hot.

Evangeline Lilly would have been great, but a little too old now, unless they do a movie with an older Lois in mind.