Comics and Movies

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Constantine is in creative limbo but the character has already been sold and is established. Etrigan is not. I think he is "too exotic" a character to be sold as a introductory main character like Constantine. In my opinion, Etrigan's only route to an introduction is as a supporting character piggybacking onto an established magical character. Additionally, I feel Le Fey is an even more obscure character who has no chance of being introduced without that Etrigan tie.

In short, I cannot foresee any investment like quality CGI, etc., being assigned to Etrigan without a Constantine type character bring him into the fold. Likewise, Le Fey has an even lesser chance of getting the nod without Etrigan.
Well this should please @quickccc , but we may get some of the characters he mentioned sometime soon.

DC Reportedly Developing Avengers-Style Superhero Show With JJ Abrams
Variety revealed in a recent report that J.J. Abrams' Justice League Dark series for HBO Max is being developed as an "Avengers-style show" from Bad Robot. Abrams and Bad Robot have long been reported to be developing Justice League Dark as a franchise for HBO Max with spin-offs for Constantine and Madame Xanadu.

According to the article, Constantine and Madame Xanadu remain in active development, with the former having scouted locations with plans to start shooting in early 2023. The promising development updates follow HBO Max's cancellation of Batgirl and many other DC projects under the new Warner Bros. Discovery regime.
https://thedirect.com/article/avengers-dc-jj-abrams

Of course, with the current fluid nature of the whole Warner Bros/Discovery thing going on, anything can change, but it seems I remember that Bad Robot still owe WB a certain number of projects. This series would open the door for all manner of supernatural and otherworldly beings to get introduced since many have direct ties to the "Justice League Dark" comics.
dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

nobody

Reaction score
There was a Constantine live action show on NBC, it only lasted one season before getting the axe, which is a shame, it was pretty good, liked it better than the movie. Matt Ryan did a good job as Constantine, I wouldn't mind seeing him back in that role. Now it's just another series that had promise and struck down too soon........ :(

He did great in that show. They brought the actor back as Constantine in to Legends of Tomorrow but it wasn't the same because....LoT sucked. The Constantine show was definitely struck down too soon

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully, this is incorrect speculation. Young Justice is well-written, thoroughly thought out and extremely well-drawn. Why cancel a great product? AGAIN? :banghead:

HBO Max Has 'No Plans' For Young Justice Season 5
By Rafael Motamayor | Slash Film
August 17, 2022

intro-1660770105.webp

Warner Bros. Discovery has turned into the most chaotic, uncertain place in the film industry almost overnight. After the studio decided to cancel "Batgirl" and "Scoob! Holiday Haunt" despite both films having finished filming in an unprecedented move, they also removed streaming original films from HBO Max, proving the instability of streaming.

Under the leadership of David Zaslav, the century-old studio is going through monumental changes, from the big franchises all the way down to the uncertain futures of TV shows with cult followings. The latest show to reportedly fall victim to Zaslav's Terreur is the fan-favorite "Young Justice." After two seasons on Cartoon Network, the show was canceled in 2013 reportedly because it was not selling enough toys. It wasn't until six years later that the show made its triumphant return with a third season on the shortlived DC Universe streaming service, an underrated platform that gave us such gems as "Doom Patrol" and "Harley Quinn."

When DC Universe was absorbed by HBO Max, "Young Justice" made the jump, with a fantastic season that successfully managed its large ensemble, told more focused stories, introduced some queer representation, and built up to what would most likely be a Crisis-level event. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be in the cards anymore.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘Flash’ star Ezra Miller’s apology is not a get-out-of-jail-free card, experts say
By Sarah Whitten | CNBC
August 17, 2022

107104956-1660718320297-gettyimages-875102302-775075354_AX__135_A185A2A2BE289183889117239994EE08.jpeg

Ezra Miller’s apology could be the first step in a potential redemption story, but there’s no guarantee it’ll have a satisfying ending.

On Monday, the actor publicly addressed the ongoing controversy surrounding their recent arrests and allegations of disturbing behavior. Miller, who leads Warner Bros. Discovery’s “The Flash,” due out in theaters June 2023, said they’d “recently gone through a time of intense crisis” and has begun to undergo treatment for “complex mental health issues.”

The statement came one week after Miller was charged with felony burglary in Stamford, Vermont, just the latest criminal offense on the actor’s call sheet, and about two weeks after Warner Bros. Discovery axed its straight-to-streaming “Batgirl” film and said it was eyeing a reset of its DC Comics cinematic universe.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Methinks Men's Health should stick to only writing articles about... men's health. :rolleyes:

The Definitive Marvel TV Show Ranking
By Evan Romano, Milan Polk And Josh St. Clair | Men's Health
August 17, 2022

mh-8-16-marvel-ranked-1660689560.jpg

A decade ago, Marvel Studios was just starting to really figure out its universe on the big screen side. The Avengers was released in May 2012, and went on to gross more than $1.5 billion at the box office. Later that year, Marvel Television launched a spin-off series on ABC, Agents of SHIELD, which promised to pick up the pieces and prove vital to the big screen adventures that audiences were becoming so invested in. A couple years later, Netflix also launched its own small-screen universe that promised to intertwine with Tony, Steve, and Friends. None of this ever really happened, and by 2021, Marvel Television had gone bye bye.

In its place, Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige took over, launching a number of series on new streaming platform Disney+ that promised to be different; these shows would star big screen talent and truly, meaningfully, impact what happens in the movies. While WandaVision did lead into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, the real impact has still yet to be seen. Without question, though, we've seen the level of small-screen star go up; Tom Hiddleston, Elizabeth Olsen, Anthony Mackie, and Oscar Isaac have graced Disney's silver screen in just the last two years.

Read more

20. Inhumans (ABC)
19. Helstrom (Hulu)
18. Iron Fist (Netflix/Disney+)
17. The Defenders (Netflix/Disney+)
16. Runaways (Hulu)
15. Luke Cage (Netflix/Disney+)
14. What If...? (Disney+)
13. Cloak and Dagger (Freeform)
12. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)
11. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)
10. Moon Knight (Disney+)
09. Agent Carter (ABC)
08. The Punisher (Netflix/Disney+)
07. Ms. Marvel (Disney+)
06. Legion (FX)
05. Hawkeye (Disney+)
04. Loki (Disney+)
03. Daredevil (Netflix/Disney+)
02. Jessica Jones (Netflix/Disney+)
01. WandaVision (Disney+)

quickccc

Reaction score
You have mentioned The Spectre more than once as "Doctor." Perhaps I am thinking of another character. The Spectre I refer to is the cosmic-like wraith being. I do not see him as a Doctor Strange counterpart. In my opinion, Doctor Strange's DC equivalent is Doctor Fate. I agree with the television series option for the character.

ooops. my bad ..i meant Doctor Fate as being DC Comics version as Dr. Strange.

somehow i got Doctor Fate mixed up with the Spectre . :confused:

THE SPECTRE

220px-Spectre01.jpg

DOCTOR FATE

220px-Doctor_Fate.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
Darkseid
220px-Justice_League_Odyssey_Darkseid.jpeg

Etrigan the Demon
220px-Etrigan_the_Demon.png

Morgan Le Fey
Morgaine_le_Fey_%28DC_Comics%29.jpg

Brainiac
201px-Brainiac_%28DC_Comics%29.png

The Impossible Man
220px-FantasticFour-176.jpg

Mr. Mxyztplk
220px-Mister_Mxyzptlk_%28circa_2017%29.png

Amazo the Android
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrn9sRGV6Ul7_WdFrVw2WThRlKhSw0kJe83imlPaQ_I0hGCrVc_PMwumO7eD6vKqzSQhA&usqp=CAU

Lobo
220px-LoboComics.png

Deadman
220px-Deadman_%28DC_Comics%29.jpg

Solomon Grundy
220px-Grundyfoe.png

quickccc

Reaction score
A couple of DC characters I'd like to see in a live action series or movies, not the ones that might come first to mind......... Sgt. Rock and Jonah Hex

There is a limited series comic coming out with Sgt Rock vs The Army Of the Dead written by Bruce Campbell (yes that Bruce Campbell) I could see that developed into a streaming or theatrical release movie. I think I would prefer Sgt Rock more old school, like a serialized series following the Adventures of Sgt Rock and Easy Company. That could be fun.

Jonah Hex deserves to make up for that horrible movie attempt. Keep it as a gritty western, no time traveling or fantastical ideas. If they absolutely feel the need to add some kind of supernatural element, keep it more realistic, maybe based in Native American lore. I can see a Skinwalker story if done right. Keep it more realistic and not over the top.

Sgt. Rock

220px-Sgt._Rock_%28circa_1983%29.png

Unknown Soldier

200px-Unknown_Soldier_1997_4_cover.jpg

684443.jpg

Jonah Hex
220px-Jonah_Hex.png

quickccc

Reaction score
Methinks Men's Health should stick to only writing articles about... men's health. :rolleyes:

August 17, 2022

A decade ago, Marvel Studios was just starting to really figure out its universe on the big screen side. The Avengers was released in May 2012, and went on to gross more than $1.5 billion at the box office. Later that year, Marvel Television launched a spin-off series on ABC, Agents of SHIELD, which promised to pick up the pieces and prove vital to the big screen adventures that audiences were becoming so invested in. A couple years later, Netflix also launched its own small-screen universe that promised to intertwine with Tony, Steve, and Friends. None of this ever really happened, and by 2021, Marvel Television had gone bye bye.

In its place, Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige took over, launching a number of series on new streaming platform Disney+ that promised to be different; these shows would star big screen talent and truly, meaningfully, impact what happens in the movies. While WandaVision did lead into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, the real impact has still yet to be seen. Without question, though, we've seen the level of small-screen star go up; Tom Hiddleston, Elizabeth Olsen, Anthony Mackie, and Oscar Isaac have graced Disney's silver screen in just the last two years.

Read more

20. Inhumans (ABC)
19. Helstrom (Hulu)
16. Runaways (Hulu)
09. Agent Carter (ABC)
07. Ms. Marvel (Disney+)
06. Legion (FX)
05. Hawkeye (Disney+)
04. Loki (Disney+)

Mmm, ...Apparently Fox's " the Gifted " is still a very underrated, unheralded, underappreciated mutants TV series ..

MV5BMjIxODM5MDUyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjY4MjI1NjM@._V1_QL75_UX190_CR0,0,190,281_.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
No idea. But I do see that you're very one-sided in your ripoff discussion and very Pro DC glossing over their ripoffs. ;)

They all do it. You even completely ignored that I also posted the Vision created in 1940 which according to your own argument Martian Manhunter resembles to some degree and he was made 15 years after.

I believe there was a Copyright lawsuit regarding the Marvel/Mar-vell name but I'm not sure how it played out other than Marvel not losing. I guess it's because the names were just different enough and the characters weren't at all the same? I'm not sure.

Actually I’m in marvel (pun intended) that Marvel seemed to have decided to ‘mimic’ that the few characters from DC Comics, especially since the Marvel Universe and their amount of characters is so incredibly vast, enormous and humongous …. as compare to what DC Comics have to offer.
It’s like a hypothetical, over the top comparison of a mere swimming pool to Lake Michigan.

Thus my discussion as DC studio needing to expand and develop more than the usual same ole ...
My wonder continues as is there one comic studio that does it more than the other ?

To me it doesn’t matter if it’s two years or 15 years, when I see ‘certain ‘ appearances (cape, green and red colors) and physical power (intangible and flight) far from their origin look,
between the two that I find similar.

quickccc

Reaction score
There was a Constantine live action show on NBC, it only lasted one season before getting the axe, which is a shame, it was pretty good, liked it better than the movie. Matt Ryan did a good job as Constantine, I wouldn't mind seeing him back in that role. Now it's just another series that had promise and struck down too soon........ :(

i think i barely recall the series, .i saw maybe a couple episodes before it was eventually cancelled.
But it must be something that has to appeal about Constantine character to the studios that would still think it's worth investing, re-booting and
having another chance at a series again.

quickccc

Reaction score

August 17, 2022

Read more

20. Inhumans (ABC)
19. Helstrom (Hulu)
16. Runaways (Hulu)
09. Agent Carter (ABC)
07. Ms. Marvel (Disney+)
06. Legion (FX)
05. Hawkeye (Disney+)
04. Loki (Disney+)

My List and Ranking:

1.Daredevil (Netflix/Disney+)
2. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)
3 The Defenders (Netflix/Disney+)
4 Luke Cage (Netflix/Disney+)
5 The Punisher (Netflix/Disney+)
6 Jessica Jones (Netflix/Disney+)
7 The Gifted (FOX)
8 Moon Knight (Disney+)
9 Iron Fist (Netflix/Disney+)
10 WandaVision (Disney+)
11 Moon Knight (Disney+)
12 What If...? (Disney+)
13 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)
14 Cloak and Dagger (Freeform)
15 Legion (FX)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My List and Ranking:

1.Daredevil (Netflix/Disney+)
2. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)
3 The Defenders (Netflix/Disney+)
4 Luke Cage (Netflix/Disney+)
5 The Punisher (Netflix/Disney+)
6 Jessica Jones (Netflix/Disney+)
7 The Gifted (FOX)
8 Moon Knight (Disney+)
9 Iron Fist (Netflix/Disney+)
10 WandaVision (Disney+)
11 Moon Knight (Disney+)
12 What If...? (Disney+)
13 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)
14 Cloak and Dagger (Freeform)
15 Legion (FX)

Mine:

01. Daredevil (Netflix/Disney+)
03. Loki (Disney+)
04. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)
05. The Punisher (Netflix/Disney+)
06. Legion (FX)
07. Luke Cage (Netflix/Disney+)
08. WandaVision (Disney+)
09. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)
10. Agent Carter (ABC)
11. The Gifted (FOX)
12. Ms. Marvel (Disney+)
13. What If...? (Disney+)
14. The Defenders (Netflix/Disney+)
15. Hawkeye (Disney+)
16. Moon Knight (Disney+)
17. Iron Fist (Netflix/Disney+)
18. Runaways (Hulu)
19. Helstrom (Hulu)
20. Inhumans (ABC)
21. Cloak and Dagger (Freeform)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know how you guys can actually rate so many of these in a particular order. I think at best, I could name my favorite and least favorite (maybe), or assign grades to each show/movie. For the most part, the ones in the middle are fairly equal, and my mood would affect their standings.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know how you guys can actually rate so many of these in a particular order. I think at best, I could name my favorite and least favorite (maybe), or assign grades to each show/movie. For the most part, the ones in the middle are fairly equal, and my mood would affect their standings.
My mind's weird. I start any list by considering what I like the least and go in descending order from there. Of course, my opinion might change and swap around some previous choices later on, lol.

nobody

Reaction score
Mmm, ...Apparently Fox's " the Gifted " is still a very underrated, unheralded, underappreciated mutants TV series ..

MV5BMjIxODM5MDUyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjY4MjI1NjM@._V1_QL75_UX190_CR0,0,190,281_.jpg

I had mixed feelings about that show. I think it started off interesting and went down hill pretty fast.

nobody

Reaction score
Actually I’m in marvel (pun intended) that Marvel seemed to have decided to ‘mimic’ that the few characters from DC Comics, especially since the Marvel Universe and their amount of characters is so incredibly vast, enormous and humongous …. as compare to what DC Comics have to offer.
It’s like a hypothetical, over the top comparison of a mere swimming pool to Lake Michigan.

Thus my discussion as DC studio needing to expand and develop more than the usual same ole ...
My wonder continues as is there one comic studio that does it more than the other ?

To me it doesn’t matter if it’s two years or 15 years, when I see ‘certain ‘ appearances (cape, green and red colors) and physical power (intangible and flight) far from their origin look,
between the two that I find similar.

I always thought Marvel characters were more human an interesting in general than DC ones. They seemed more fleshed out. That's not always the case.. DC did have some interesting and fleshed out ones, but were still less interesting to me for some reason.

Now, this is just the comics (and most of the movies, mind you.) The animated DC has kicked serious butt in that aspect...the ones I've seen. It could be that as a kid I just read the "right' Marvel titles for me and never stumbled onto the "right" DC titles for me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I always thought Marvel characters were more human an interesting in general than DC ones. They seemed more fleshed out. That's not always the case.. DC did have some interesting and fleshed out ones, but were still less interesting to me for some reason.

Now, this is just the comics (and most of the movies, mind you.) The animated DC has kicked serious butt in that aspect...the ones I've seen. It could be that as a kid I just read the "right' Marvel titles for me and never stumbled onto the "right" DC titles for me.
I wasn't a bog comics reader, but of all the cartoons, live action shows, and movies I've seen, DC characters seem hollower (with the exception of Batman, but even with him, the fact that he's mostly a loner gives him less depth than he could have) than the MCU.