Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel’s ‘Thunderbolts’ Cast Set With Florence Pugh, Sebastian Stan Leading
By Aaron Couch, Sydney Odman | The Hollywood Reporter
September 10, 2022

Note: The article has an embedded interview video also

Marvel’s bad guys and anti-heroes are getting the closeup in Thunderbolts, which revealed its cast at D23 on Saturday.

The super-team movie will star Florence Pugh (Yelena Belova), Sebastian Stan (The Winter Soldier), David Harbour (Red Guardian), Wyatt Russell (US Agent), Hannah John-Kamen (Ghost), Olga Kurylenko (Taskmaster) and Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Valentina Allegra de Fontaine). TV vet Jake Schreier is directing the film.

Stan and Harbour in particular got a huge reaction in the auditorium, while Pugh — who is filming the Dune sequel overseas — sent a video to greet the audience.

“It tells you a lot about the team when beloved Winder Soldier is the most stable among them,” Marvel boss Kevin Feige quipped to the crowd.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amazon’s ‘The Rings Of Power’ Is Playing Fast And Loose With Middle-earth’s Second Age Timeline
By Erik Kain | Forbes
September 11, 2022

960x0.jpg

I watched the first two episodes of Amazon’s The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power and came away pleasantly surprised by the lavishly produced show.

It was a bit of a slow burn, but I loved the world-building and the visual design, the music and the costumes.

I could tell that some big changes were being made to the established lore, and I knew that the showrunners were condensing the Second Age into a much more manageable timeline. But after the third episode, I have many more doubts and reservations about what Amazon is doing with this property, and what kind of story is actually unfolding.

Yes, part of this has to do with Galadriel (Morfydd Clark) who I find myself actively disliking at this point. It’s hard to feel upbeat about a show whose central protagonist is also its weakest link.

Read more

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Amazon’s ‘The Rings Of Power’ Is Playing Fast And Loose With Middle-earth’s Second Age Timeline
By Erik Kain | Forbes
September 11, 2022

960x0.jpg

I watched the first two episodes of Amazon’s The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power and came away pleasantly surprised by the lavishly produced show.

It was a bit of a slow burn, but I loved the world-building and the visual design, the music and the costumes.

I could tell that some big changes were being made to the established lore, and I knew that the showrunners were condensing the Second Age into a much more manageable timeline. But after the third episode, I have many more doubts and reservations about what Amazon is doing with this property, and what kind of story is actually unfolding.

Yes, part of this has to do with Galadriel (Morfydd Clark) who I find myself actively disliking at this point. It’s hard to feel upbeat about a show whose central protagonist is also its weakest link.

Read more

I like galadriel. She is nice to look at

Last edited by a moderator:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Marvel’s ‘Thunderbolts’ Cast Set With Florence Pugh, Sebastian Stan Leading
By Aaron Couch, Sydney Odman | The Hollywood Reporter
September 10, 2022

Note: The article has an embedded interview video also

Marvel’s bad guys and anti-heroes are getting the closeup in Thunderbolts, which revealed its cast at D23 on Saturday.

The super-team movie will star Florence Pugh (Yelena Belova), Sebastian Stan (The Winter Soldier), David Harbour (Red Guardian), Wyatt Russell (US Agent), Hannah John-Kamen (Ghost), Olga Kurylenko (Taskmaster) and Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Valentina Allegra de Fontaine). TV vet Jake Schreier is directing the film.

Stan and Harbour in particular got a huge reaction in the auditorium, while Pugh — who is filming the Dune sequel overseas — sent a video to greet the audience.

“It tells you a lot about the team when beloved Winder Soldier is the most stable among them,” Marvel boss Kevin Feige quipped to the crowd.

Read more
Looking forward to that. I hope they make it all it can be!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
By Erik Kain | Forbes
September 11, 2022

960x0.jpg

Read more
Uh oh. Spoilers (I assume, after reading a few words into the respective paragraph) about episode 3, which I haven't watched yet.

I agree with the authors feelings about Galadriel, but I disagree with the opinion that the commoners wouldn't remember Sauron or talk about the war that happened so long ago. After all, in the days before TV, radio, and newspapers, word of mouth lore was how people remembered history, and those stories would be told often, to keep them somewhat accurate. I think Middle Earth would compare very well, in that sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh oh. Spoilers (I assume, after reading a few words into the respective paragraph) about episode 3, which I haven't watched yet.

I agree with the authors feelings about Galadriel, but I disagree with the opinion that the commoners wouldn't remember Sauron or talk about the war that happened so long ago. After all, in the days before TV, radio, and newspapers, word of mouth lore was how people remembered history, and those stories would be told often, to keep them somewhat accurate. I think Middle Earth would compare very well, in that sense.
I read the posted content as vague and ambiguous but it is better to be safe than sorry. Spoiler tags! Activate!