Comics and Movies

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Any member wishing to continue voting in the Best DC/Marvel Movies of 2022 poll can still do so inside this thread (or until I can figure out how to relocate polls to different threads :) ).

I have moved all the posts related to that sub-discussion to this thread: https://cowboyszone.com/threads/best-dc-marvel-movies-of-2022.503720/. It may get more attention in a separate dedicated thread instead of buried within this one. :D

Just erase this one and start it over again in the new thread. I need to change my vote anyway. I’ve since seen Black Panther 2 and definitely a top three. ;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just erase this one and start it over again in the new thread. I need to change my vote anyway. I’ve since seen Black Panther 2 and definitely a top three. ;)
This poll gives participating members the option of changing their previous selections if they so choose. ;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Star Wars: The Acolyte will show how the Sith infiltrate the Jedi order
By Tom Power | TechRadar
November 30, 2022

The Acolyte will take Star Wars fans on a journey that's "never been done before", according to one of its stars.

Speaking exclusively to TechRadar during a junket for His Dark Materials season 3, Dafne Keen teased that the forthcoming TV show – one of many new Star Wars TV shows and movies in development – will be unlike anything fans have seen from Lucasfilm's legendary sci-fi franchise.

Given the secrecy around the Disney Plus show, Keen, who was recently revealed as part of The Acolyte's all-star cast, was hesitant to give too much away. However, the former Logan actor teased some bits about what fans can expect from The Acolyte, including a tiny but important piece of information about its plot.

"I can tease that it's a prequel!" Keen joked when asked what she could say about The Acolyte. "No, I mean, as you know, it's set 100 years before the prequel movies, and it's kind of an explanation of how the Sith infiltrated the Jedi. It's a Sith-led story, which has never been done before.

Read more

terra

Reaction score
Star Wars: The Acolyte will show how the Sith infiltrate the Jedi order
By Tom Power | TechRadar
November 30, 2022

The Acolyte will take Star Wars fans on a journey that's "never been done before", according to one of its stars.

Speaking exclusively to TechRadar during a junket for His Dark Materials season 3, Dafne Keen teased that the forthcoming TV show – one of many new Star Wars TV shows and movies in development – will be unlike anything fans have seen from Lucasfilm's legendary sci-fi franchise.

Given the secrecy around the Disney Plus show, Keen, who was recently revealed as part of The Acolyte's all-star cast, was hesitant to give too much away. However, the former Logan actor teased some bits about what fans can expect from The Acolyte, including a tiny but important piece of information about its plot.

"I can tease that it's a prequel!" Keen joked when asked what she could say about The Acolyte. "No, I mean, as you know, it's set 100 years before the prequel movies, and it's kind of an explanation of how the Sith infiltrated the Jedi. It's a Sith-led story, which has never been done before.

Read more

Star Wars was dead to me after the way they treated Luke's character

dsturgeon

Reaction score

There has been and there is stuff coming out that is a lot cooler than luke. Forget that character, and watch the new stuff. It is better than the luke story line

sith stories and the mandalorian story > anything luke did

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that due to how the character was used in The Last Jedi? If so, Luke was far from being the only character not treated correctly in that movie.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You mean giving the role to Mark Hamill? "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"... Picture that scream, but with bad acting

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m curious to read everyone else’s responses, but I found that trailer to be totally underwhelming.
At this point, there is only thing that has me hyped after watching the trailer:

IAhQamn.png

Everything else I saw fills me more with questions than feeling underwhelmed like:
  • How powerful will they make The High Evolutionary?
  • Will there be a deep dive into canon concerning Wundagore? If so, will the movie try to tie The High Evolutionary in some way to Wanda/The Scarlet Witch? (Comic book nerd hint: think of the location of the climatic ending battle in Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness)
  • The Sovereign were introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (not a spoiler since they never existed in comics beforehand). The Sovereign are a race of geneticists. The High Evolutionary is a geneticist without peer (Dr. Sinister might disagree). Will the movie create a tie between the two concerning Adam Warlock's creation?
Volume 3 is seemingly the final chapter for the Guardians as a standalone movie franchise. Loose ends should be tied up. The trailer hints at three main things (I believe) will be resolved that I look forward to:
  • How does the group fit into the grand scheme of the galaxy after being blipped and M.I.A. for five years?
  • What eventually happens between Quill and the post-Avengers: Infinity War version of Gamora?
  • Will the lingering question of Rocket's origin, introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.1, be fully addressed? The trailer does seem like it will. That is something I would appreciate witnessing before the final curtain falls on the franchise. Bonus question: Will they make The High Evolutionary a participant in Rocket's creation? It would be a departure from canon but would make sense to do so in my opinion.
If anything, the trailer makes me dread a little bit about TOO much possibly being crammed into one movie. Can one film include both Adam Warlock AND The High Evolutionary, while fleshing out both characters completely (which would be an injustice if they are not), and make it work?

Stay tuned.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At this point, there is only thing that has me hyped after watching the trailer:

IAhQamn.png

Everything else I saw fills me more with questions than feeling underwhelmed like:
  • How powerful will they make The High Evolutionary?
  • Will there be a deep dive into canon concerning Wundagore? If so, will the movie try to tie The High Evolutionary in some way to Wanda/The Scarlet Witch? (Comic book nerd hint: think of the location of the climatic ending battle in Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness)
  • The Sovereign were introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (not a spoiler since they never existed in comics beforehand). The Sovereign are a race of geneticists. The High Evolutionary is a geneticist without peer (Dr. Sinister might disagree). Will the movie create a tie between the two concerning Adam Warlock's creation?
Volume 3 is seemingly the final chapter for the Guardians as a standalone movie franchise. Loose ends should be tied up. The trailer hints at three main things (I believe) will be resolved that I look forward to:
  • How does the group fit into the grand scheme of the galaxy after being blipped and M.I.A. for five years?
  • What eventually happens between Quill and the post-Avengers: Infinity War version of Gamora?
  • Will the lingering question of Rocket's origin, introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.1, be fully addressed? The trailer does seem like it will. That is something I would appreciate witnessing before the final curtain falls on the franchise. Bonus question: Will they make The High Evolutionary a participant in Rocket's creation? It would be a departure from canon but would make sense to do so in my opinion.
If anything, the trailer makes me dread a little bit about TOO much possibly being crammed into one movie. Can one film include both Adam Warlock AND The High Evolutionary, while fleshing out both characters completely (which would be an injustice if they are not), and make it work?

Stay tuned.
Okay

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder Woman and Shazam Are Going to War Against DC’s Gods
By Brandon Schreur | CBR
December 2, 2022

screenshot_2022-12-02_at_12-36-08_pm_1400x700.jpg

Wonder Woman and Shazam are about to go to war with the gods of the DC Universe in a new four-issue miniseries tying into the upcoming Lazarus Planet event.

DC announced Lazarus Planet: Revenge of the Gods, a new four-issue biweekly miniseries from Poison Ivy writer G. Willow Wilson and Superman: Son of Kal-El artist Cian Tormey. Taking place immediately after the events of Lazarus Planet, Revenge of the Gods will pit Wonder Woman and the Shazam family against the gods of the DC universe after the deities decide to descend on the planet and take control of humanity.

LAZARUS PLANET: REVENGE OF THE GODS #1

<snip>

The gods have leveled up, and Shazam is no match for them! After Wonder Woman’s changing of sides to save her Amazon sisters, Billy must use his quickly fading wisdom of Solomon to formulate a plan to stop his world’s destruction. Little does he know a secret ally awaits him in Olympus...but how will he make it there? Sounds like a job for Wonder Girl!

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loki Casts Game of Thrones' Lysa Arryn Actor as Its New Villain
By Jodee Brown | CBR
December 2, 2022

kate-dickie-from-game-of-thrones-and-tom-hiddleston-from-loki.jpg

Game of Thrones star Kate Dickie has low-key joined Marvel's action-adventure series Loki to play a new villain in Season 2.

According to Deadline, Dickie, who played Lady Lysa Arryn on Game of Thrones from 2011 to 2014, secretly joined the cast for Loki's upcoming season. While casting details for the superhero series have been kept quiet, the report states the Scottish actor will play an antagonist.

Dickie joins a Season 2 cast that includes lead actor Tom Hiddleston, who plays the titular character in Loki. The series also features Owen Wilson as Mobius M. Mobius, Tara Strong as Miss Minutes, Gugu Martha-Raw as Ravonna Renslayer, Sophia Di Martino as fan-favorite Loki variant Sylvie, and Eugene Cordero as Casey. Moon Knight directing duo Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead helmed Season 2 while Season 1 co-writer Eric Martin returned to pen all six new episodes.

Kate Dickie's Game of Thrones Character Wasn't a Fan Favorite

In Game of Thrones, Dickie played the daughter of Hoster Tully, marrying Jon Arryn and becoming the Lady Regent of the Vale after Jon's death. Lysa Arryn was a supporting antagonist on the famed HBO series, known for her paranoia and violent tendencies.

Read more