Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i think i would have tried a DC series on Super Girl .. or a guest appearance her in a Superman Legacy, before doing the Super Girl solo.
I mean she just had a WB series which may have been " meh " to many superhero genre fans.

Did Kara Zor-El really move the needle among general public on the WB, that fan demand is such that she is ready for the big league solo flick ?

i agree that Shazam was probably a dart throw in the dark hope it'd be similar to Guardians of the Galaxy. action/comedy blend.
Only Marvel fan base is so massive enuff to gamble upon GOG, ..as opposed to Shazam.

Would have it been better planned if Shazam waited to show in the DC series, than he's own solo movie ?
Having Kara or Billy launch into the old DCEU from television into films would not have worked well in my opinion. Her alternate universe version was not integrated with what was happening on the big screen. Shazam! post-credit tie-in was brief but accurate. However, the movie’s overall light theme would not have meshed Batson into the dark themed DCEU.

Ultimately, I support James Gunn’s plan to start from scratch. Re-introduce Kal-El first. Bring Kara in later. BOTH via the big screen. Just like Wonder Woman, I do think a well-crafted intro will serve Supergirl in securing positive audience that can be built upon.

CBS was never committed to showcase Melissa Benoist on the small screen. Underwhelming episodic storylines. Very limited CGI budget. It did not surprise me how quickly CBS kicked the series to its WB sub-network. I would not want Gunn reminding audiences how Supergirl floundered on television. Her character should get a completely fresh start away from the small screen.

Gunn’s adopted plan makes certain the audience will not get a Clark Kent clone. Kara will be presented as her own person, who was molded into a hero BEFORE coming to Earth. Audiences will have the opportunity to know her under the best circumstance, which television would have a more difficult job of pulling off.

It may be considered as cold but I hope Gunn kills Shazam’s future in the new DCU. Supergirl can easily fill any perception void vacated by Billy Batson. Let him die after two movies max. No television. Nothing. Disappear. POOF!

nobody

Reaction score
Having Kara or Billy launch into the old DCEU from television into films would not have worked well in my opinion. Her alternate universe version was not integrated with what was happening on the big screen. Shazam! post-credit tie-in was brief but accurate. However, the movie’s overall light theme would not have meshed Batson into the dark themed DCEU.

Ultimately, I support James Gunn’s plan to start from scratch. Re-introduce Kal-El first. Bring Kara in later. BOTH via the big screen. Just like Wonder Woman, I do think a well-crafted intro will serve Supergirl in securing positive audience that can be built upon.

CBS was never committed to showcase Melissa Benoist on the small screen. Underwhelming episodic storylines. Very limited CGI budget. It did not surprise me how quickly CBS kicked the series to its WB sub-network. I would not want Gunn reminding audiences how Supergirl floundered on television. Her character should get a completely fresh start away from the small screen.

Gunn’s adopted plan makes certain the audience will not get a Clark Kent clone. Kara will be presented as her own person, who was molded into a hero BEFORE coming to Earth. Audiences will have the opportunity to know her under the best circumstance, which television would have a more difficult job of pulling off.

It may be considered as cold but I hope Gunn kills Shazam’s future in the new DCU. Supergirl can easily fill any perception void vacated by Billy Batson. Let him die after two movies max. No television. Nothing. Disappear. POOF!
Shazam works as a launching mechanism for Black Adam's intro...then kill off Billy Batson and leave Black Adam as an antagonist for others.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jonathan Majors arrested on assault charge in New York

By Associated Press | AP
March 26, 2023

NEW YORK (AP) — The actor Jonathan Majors was arrested Saturday in New York on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment, authorities said. On Sunday, an attorney for Majors said there’s evidence that he is “entirely innocent.”

New York City police said that Majors, star of the recently released “Creed III” and “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania,” was involved in a domestic dispute with a 30-year-old woman. Police responded around 11 a.m. Saturday to a 911 call inside an apartment in the Manhattan neighborhood of Chelsea.

“The victim informed police she was assaulted,” a spokesperson for the NYPD said in a statement. “Officers placed the 33-year-old male into custody without incident. The victim sustained minor injuries to her head and neck and was removed to an area hospital in stable condition.”

A representative for Majors denied any wrongdoing by the actor.

Read more

:(

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

DC: Alexandra Daddario stuns as Wonder Woman in jaw-dropping image

By Cody Schultz | Fansided
March 26, 2023
As speculation grows over whether DC will soon introduce a new Wonder Woman, we now have a look at what Alexandra Daddario could look like as the Amazonian Warrior!
<snip>
What Alexandra Daddario could look like as Wonder Woman

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

All 9 Marvel & DC Movies That Won Oscars

By Sam Hargrave | The Direct
March 26, 2023

Only nine Marvel and DC movies have ever won an Oscar.

Comic book movies have always struggled to find much success when it comes to Hollywood's most prestigious awards, particularly the Oscars.

But every so often a blockbuster comes along that resonates with the Academy and ultimately finds success in a number of categories.

Read More

* Winning categories listed in gold

DC

rsTvOVe.png

6HFT8ns.png
DhdftjE.png

uOW965y.png
9K8vR2V.png

MARVEL

izb3chP.png
fIM9no2.png

LWyE0QQ.png
3h7IL7J.png

nobody

Reaction score

DC: Alexandra Daddario stuns as Wonder Woman in jaw-dropping image

By Cody Schultz | Fansided
March 26, 2023
As speculation grows over whether DC will soon introduce a new Wonder Woman, we now have a look at what Alexandra Daddario could look like as the Amazonian Warrior!
<snip>
What Alexandra Daddario could look like as Wonder Woman

Read more

Awesome, but she's 37, which is way too old for the part for a multi-movie run given that the character is close to immortal.

quickccc

Reaction score

Jonathan Majors arrested on assault charge in New York

By Associated Press | AP
March 26, 2023

NEW YORK (AP) — The actor Jonathan Majors was arrested Saturday in New York on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment, authorities said. On Sunday, an attorney for Majors said there’s evidence that he is “entirely innocent.”

New York City police said that Majors, star of the recently released “Creed III” and “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania,” was involved in a domestic dispute with a 30-year-old woman. Police responded around 11 a.m. Saturday to a 911 call inside an apartment in the Manhattan neighborhood of Chelsea.

“The victim informed police she was assaulted,” a spokesperson for the NYPD said in a statement. “Officers placed the 33-year-old male into custody without incident. The victim sustained minor injuries to her head and neck and was removed to an area hospital in stable condition.”

A representative for Majors denied any wrongdoing by the actor.

Read more

:(
Will this erase him from playing future MCU roles such as Kang the Conqueror ..?

nobody

Reaction score
Will this erase him from playing future MCU roles such as Kang the Conqueror ..?
Much will depend upon how the case will be decided in the end.
It would be exceedingly easy to replace him if so given they've already established that alternate versions don't have to look the same or be the same age: Spider-man: No Way Home

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Lady Gaga’s Harley Quinn Costume Revealed in ‘Joker: Folie à Deux’ Set Photos

By J. Kim Murphy | Variety
March 25, 2023
What’s funnier than one clown? How about two? Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker is going to have some criminal company for “Folie à Deux,” with Lady Gaga joining the sequel for a role reported to be a spin on the Batman villain Harley Quinn. New photographs have emerged from the production, unveiling Gaga’s costume and make-up for the film... read more

GettyImages-1476221241.jpg

lady-gaga-joker-cops.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Lady Gaga’s Harley Quinn Costume Revealed in ‘Joker: Folie à Deux’ Set Photos

By J. Kim Murphy | Variety
March 25, 2023
What’s funnier than one clown? How about two? Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker is going to have some criminal company for “Folie à Deux,” with Lady Gaga joining the sequel for a role reported to be a spin on the Batman villain Harley Quinn. New photographs have emerged from the production, unveiling Gaga’s costume and make-up for the film... read more

GettyImages-1476221241.jpg

lady-gaga-joker-cops.jpg
It's going to be very hard to replace Margot Robbie, but...Lady Gaga? Maybe, but I don't have my hopes up.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

I was watching how bad the john wick 4 trailer looked, and I remembered this keanu movie. Did anyone else like it? I thought it was really good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's going to be very hard to replace Margot Robbie, but...Lady Gaga? Maybe, but I don't have my hopes up.
I'll bet the House of Gucci Lady Gaga has zero chance of pulling off a better Harley Quinn than Margot Robbie, especially if her performance is set in a musical.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I was watching how bad the john wick 4 trailer looked, and I remembered this keanu movie. Did anyone else like it? I thought it was really good.

It looks good with great action and I have not seen it but it does not appear Reeves is the film's main protagonist. Kinda like he is a supporting character.

The reverse is true of the John Wick movies. The latest trailer may underwhelm but will Reeves? He has been the same through three movies so far, namely an unstoppable killing machine. Will John Wick 4 be any different?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
It looks good with great action and I have not seen it but it does not appear Reeves is the film's main protagonist. Kinda like he is a supporting character.

The reverse is true of the John Wick movies. The latest trailer may underwhelm but will Reeves? He has been the same through three movies so far, namely an unstoppable killing machine. Will John Wick 4 be any different?
He wasn't an unstoppable killing machine in the first one, which is the issues I have with the others. In the first one, if not for his assassin friend, he would have died multiple times. He was merely a top notch assassin.

The man of tai chi, is not a blockbuster movie, but the plot and idea is awesome. If you like martial arts fighting movies, you wont be disappointed with it.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

I liked that movie. I watched most of it again fairly recently, it pops up now and again on Pluto TV's Flicks of Fury channel.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I saw today that the new dungeons and dragons movie is out. Has anyone seen it? I have been waiting for it