Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This looks fantastic. Now I have to catch up on the animated stuff.

Any suggestions?
The two animated series: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels. The latter show will make her The Mandalorian appearance make more sense. :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fwV9qRW.png

Perfection.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I think I am going to like the Ahsoka series. The script looks excellent

natasha-liu-bordizzo-interview-295224-1631567709426-image.700x0c.jpg
Elizabeth-Winstead.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks. The Clone Wars is a LOT of homework.

:omg:
True. It is not very helpful but disregard the initial cartoon series called Star Wars: Clone Wars (without 'The' in the title). That show premiered a few years beforehand. Ahsoka's character was not introduced until the movie Star Wars: The Clone Wars debuted in 2008 and kicked off the new series.

Big Ani and Snips relationship is intertwined for much of that series. She was just a sidekick at first but they gradually added many layers onto Snips and was truly distinctive and unique from him. Wars shows her during her youth and Rebels highlights her as an early adult. Both series sum up who the character would eventually become AND get her own Disney+ series. :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

dsturgeon

Reaction score
No clue. There may be a connection to Star Wars Rebels as the article alludes to but it does not mean very much to me. Perhaps the series will expand upon it.
I am curious. That is a very cool logo, and it is not random, even the language or made up design around the circumference. I have looked into sigils and there are common ones around it(if you havent looked into sigils and electonics, it is a cool rabit hole). The mid oval hits 3 points or places, what are those? I hope it is explained

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

James Gunn Confirms There’s Been Talk Of A Potential DC-Marvel Crossover

By Brent Furdyk | ET Canada
April 7, 2023

James Gunn has a unique perspective on both the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and the DC Extended Universe (DCEU), having directed movies for both Marvel (his trio of “Guardians of the Galaxy” films) and DC (“The Suicide Squad”), and, of course, in his new role as co-head of DC Studios.

Given his familiarity with both worlds, Gunn recently spoke with Empire about the possibility of an eventual crossover project that would connect Marvel with DC.

“Who knows?” Gunn said. “That’s many years away, though.”

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What in the heck is going at Marvel Studios?
By David Betancourt | Houston Chronicle
April 7, 2023

Marvel Studios has seen better days.

“Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” might make only half a billion dollars at the worldwide box office. Or it might not even get there. Jonathan Majors, who plays Kang in the movie, seemingly the next big bad villain who justifies the assembling of a new team of Avengers, is now dealing with personal and legal matters that cloud his date with superhero movie history. Victoria Alonso, one of Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige’s most heralded lieutenants who also happens to be one of the most powerful Latinas in Hollywood, was reportedly fired due to her involvement in helping produce “Argentina, 1985.”

Then there’s the CGI - special effects that, according to the screams of the internet, have been anything but muy especial, causing some to say Marvel Studios is spreading itself too thin between theatrical releases and multiple series on Disney Plus.

Mainstream critical acclaim will always be a crapshoot for a superhero movie. Marvel Studios has eaten good over the last decade and a half on the buzz that it gives an adoring fan base. But as of late, there have been just as many groans as cheers from even the most loyal of fans. Couple that with movie critics who are always ready to pounce with a one-star review on anything with superpowers, and you’ve got the first true signs of doubt for the Marvel Cinematic Universe since its inception in 2008.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Star Wars: The Acolyte's Creator Talks EU Influences, Villain Focus

By Justin Carter | Gizmodo
April 7, 2023
b915686d9af30d06cac137328aae87d5.jpg

For much of Star Wars’ existence, the various heroes we’ve watched and played have been good people trying to make the galaxy a better place in some way, or at the very least, find their own place in the universe. The larger conflicts have always put our heroes up against seemingly insurmountable odds, be it an unending war, a magic cult, or dudes obsessed with doomsday weapons and cloning. One of the franchise’s upcoming Disney+ series, The Acolyte, is offering a sizable shakeup by making the villainous Sith the protagonists of its story.

Speaking with Vanity Fair for its cover story on all things Star Wars, Acolyte creator Leslye Headland spoke at length about her goals for the series. Confirmed to be set 100 years before the Prequel Trilogy, the new series will (potentially) star Amandla Stenberg during the era of the High Republic, currently the big focal point of several books and comics. For Headland, the appeal of this relatively untapped era in Star Wars history is what drew her to the show.

Read more

dsturgeon

Reaction score

dsturgeon

Reaction score
found it, 9 is a sigil for antenna

we have gates and antennas and still looking for the other stuff, haha

also found the female plug sigil.

I think i could have opened the stargate, haha

Basic-Electrical-and-Electronic-Symbols.png

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
electronic-symbols.avif

1200px-Circuit_elements.svg.png
Number 9( to small for me to read, trying to find that out) on the sigil/electronic symbols and some of the ones having to do with gates from the second. This is actually a cool find, glad i was bored today
found it, 9 is a sigil for antenna

we have gates and antennas and still looking for the other stuff, haha

also found the female plug sigil.

I think i could have opened the stargate, haha

Basic-Electrical-and-Electronic-Symbols.png
maybe it is norse

norse-runes-alphabet-1200x1549.jpg
Not sure how I feel about you out-geeking my own Star Wars geekiness, lol.