Comics and Movies

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Marvel To Drop All Episodes Of ‘Hawkeye’ Spinoff ‘Echo’ At Once On Disney+ In Streaming Strategy Shift​

Marvel is launching a new binging strategy on Disney+.

Kevin Feige just revealed that all episodes of Hawkeye spin-off Echo will drop at once on November 29.

This is a new move for the company, which has previously aired episodes week to week.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/marvel...isney-in-streaming-strategy-shift-1235369199/
At first glance, I thought you meant they were dropping it the way DC dropped Batgirl. :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Marvel To Drop All Episodes Of ‘Hawkeye’ Spinoff ‘Echo’ At Once On Disney+ In Streaming Strategy Shift​

Marvel is launching a new binging strategy on Disney+.

Kevin Feige just revealed that all episodes of Hawkeye spin-off Echo will drop at once on November 29.

This is a new move for the company, which has previously aired episodes week to week.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/marvel...isney-in-streaming-strategy-shift-1235369199/
Star Wars should adopt the same strategy with Ahsoka coming to Disney+ in August. :mad: I am barely keeping it together waiting for the FIRST episode as is. :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This post is a just in case @Stash did not do his homework :muttley: or other members who want a crash course about Ahsoka before her series hits Disney+ in August. I read a few articles that recommended essential episodes to watch about the character. Most I agreed with but some I did not in regards to letting newcomers know who she is and her importance in the Star Wars universe in 20 or less episodes.

After binge watching all three series AGAIN (yeah I geeked the flip out <insert Revenge of the Nerds laugh here>) I cut the 213 total episodes down to just SIXTEEN episodes and the final three minutes of one additional episode.

The Clone Wars
takes up the largest hunk of episodes. What must be considered is that the series is less about filling in what happened between two Star Wars movies and more about Ahsoka. The title says clones but the show is her story.

I separated the episodes by her age also. I think it will give viewers a way of looking at how she grew from naive, wet-behind-the-ears Jedi youngling, to a young woman and finally a grown woman in her thirties. It should provide some reflection of the stages she went through before everyone sees the 40-ish live-action version of her this summer. Here are the cliff notes:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

~Ahsoka age 13 or 14?~

Season 1/Episode 2: Rising Malevolence
Season 3/Episode 22: Padawan Lost, Part 2

~Ahsoka age 15 or 16?~

Season 4/Episode 17: Sabotage
Season 4/Episode 18: The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
Season 4/Episode 19: To Catch A Jedi
Season 4/Episode 20: The Wrong Jedi

~Ahsoka age 18 or 19?~

Season 7/Episode 9: Old Friends Not Forgotten
Season 7/Episode 10: Phantom Apprentice
Season 7/Episode 11: Shattered
Season 7/Episode 12: Victory and Death

Tales of the Jedi

Season 1/Episode 5: Practice Makes Perfect
Season 1/Episode 6: Resolve

Star Wars Rebels

~Ahsoka age 32 or 33?~

Season 2/Episode 3: The Lost Commanders
Season 2/Episode 21: Twilight of the Apprentice, Part 1
Season 2/Episode 22: Twilight of the Apprentice, Part 2
Season 4/Episode 13: A World Between Worlds
*The last three minutes of Season 4/Episode 15: Family Reunion and Farewell

Total viewing time is approximately just under six hours by skipping all episodes ending credits.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Superman: What James Gunn and the DCU Have to Do Differently

By Ted Bajer | MovieWeb
May 21, 2023

Superman is the crown jewel of DC Studios. James Gunn and Peter Safran understand that he is the most important note to hit in their symphony. And as rumors of casting calls and screen tests for the superhero begin to circulate, we can’t help but think of all the things DC has done wrong in the past. Superman is the DCU’s biggest opportunity and biggest risk. If he isn’t cast right, the rest of the DCU falls apart. So the pressure is on to get him right.

Superman is not a difficult concept to get correct. The public could see that Henry Cavill’s performance was perfect for the character. But DC’s latest generation of heroes failed due to poor planning and a rush to achieve what Marvel had done slowly over the previous decade.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

With ‘Star Wars: Visions” ‘Sith,’ Spanish Studio El Guiri Looks to Break the Mold

By Ben Croll | Variety
May 20, 2023

A veteran of Pixar, Blue Sky, and DreamWorks Animation, Spanish creative Rodrigo Blaas brought two decades of Hollywood experience to Madrid when he co-founded his own studio, El Guiri. And so, when Hollywood came knocking, Blaas answered with a bit of Spanish flair.

“Some opportunities put you in a place to embrace the unknown,” Blaas says. “I saw it myself, watching Brad Bird come into Pixar and kind of break the system there. That’s what I wanted to do; I wanted to come up with something that could break the mold.”

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Disney's Got a Finished Aliens vs. Predator Anime It May Never Release

By Justin Carter | Gizmodo
May 20, 2023

Even though Disney’s had access to the Alien and Predator franchises since it purchased 20th Century Fox in 2019, the corporation has only recently started to put the two licenses at work. Last year saw the release of the pretty excellent Prey, while a new Alien movie (from Don’t Breathe director Fede Alvarez) and TV show (from Legion’s Noah Hawley) are both in the works. But as it turns out, there’s at least one other project for both that was quietly made...it just doesn’t sound like we’ll ever get a chance to watch it.

During an April episode of the Perfect Organism podcast celebrating Alien Day, 20th Century Studios’ ex-licensing director Josh Izzo revealed an Alien vs. Predator anime was made at some point prior to the acquisition. According to him, there’s “10 episodes of a fully completed Alien vs. Predator anime series that I produced,” and set between the events of the first Alien vs. Predator movie and Alien Resurrection. Interestingly, the anime’s been done for quite some time, as he added that it predates the production and release for both Alien Covenant and The Predator, each franchises’ respective final films before the acquisition.

Read more

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

With ‘Star Wars: Visions” ‘Sith,’ Spanish Studio El Guiri Looks to Break the Mold

By Ben Croll | Variety
May 20, 2023

A veteran of Pixar, Blue Sky, and DreamWorks Animation, Spanish creative Rodrigo Blaas brought two decades of Hollywood experience to Madrid when he co-founded his own studio, El Guiri. And so, when Hollywood came knocking, Blaas answered with a bit of Spanish flair.

“Some opportunities put you in a place to embrace the unknown,” Blaas says. “I saw it myself, watching Brad Bird come into Pixar and kind of break the system there. That’s what I wanted to do; I wanted to come up with something that could break the mold.”

Read more
Not a huge fan of the series. I’m surprised they’re making a second one.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The series has not grabbed my attention fully yet. What I have seen reminds me of Netflix's Love, Death & Robots in concept.

However, the show works against my lifelong established viewpoint of Star Wars. In contrast, the Netflix show is based upon abstract ideas. It will take some time for me to give Visions a decent shot, if ever.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure how many Attack On Titans fans read this thread but it looks like the second half of its final season has finally started on Funimation. I tend to wait on English dud anime though, so I have not seen this episode yet:

Bk0z8q7.jpg

The series has been truly epic, even HBO quality in my opinion. It is sad that the show is ending but all good things must eventually end.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This post is a just in case @Stash did not do his homework :muttley: or other members who want a crash course about Ahsoka before her series hits Disney+ in August. I read a few articles that recommended essential episodes to watch about the character. Most I agreed with but some I did not in regards to letting newcomers know who she is and her importance in the Star Wars universe in 20 or less episodes.

After binge watching all three series AGAIN (yeah I geeked the flip out <insert Revenge of the Nerds laugh here>) I cut the 213 total episodes down to just SIXTEEN episodes and the final three minutes of one additional episode.

The Clone Wars takes up the largest hunk of episodes. What must be considered is that the series is less about filling in what happened between two Star Wars movies and more about Ahsoka. The title says clones but the show is her story.

I separated the episodes by her age also. I think it will give viewers a way of looking at how she grew from naive, wet-behind-the-ears Jedi youngling, to a young woman and finally a grown woman in her thirties. It should provide some reflection of the stages she went through before everyone sees the 40-ish live-action version of her this summer. Here are the cliff notes:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

~Ahsoka age 13 or 14?~

Season 1/Episode 2: Rising Malevolence
Season 3/Episode 22: Padawan Lost, Part 2

~Ahsoka age 15 or 16?~

Season 4/Episode 17: Sabotage
Season 4/Episode 18: The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
Season 4/Episode 19: To Catch A Jedi
Season 4/Episode 20: The Wrong Jedi

~Ahsoka age 18 or 19?~

Season 7/Episode 9: Old Friends Not Forgotten
Season 7/Episode 10: Phantom Apprentice
Season 7/Episode 11: Shattered
Season 7/Episode 12: Victory and Death

Tales of the Jedi

Season 1/Episode 5: Practice Makes Perfect
Season 1/Episode 6: Resolve

Star Wars Rebels

~Ahsoka age 32 or 33?~

Season 2/Episode 3: The Lost Commanders
Season 2/Episode 21: Twilight of the Apprentice, Part 1
Season 2/Episode 22: Twilight of the Apprentice, Part 2
Season 4/Episode 13: A World Between Worlds
*The last three minutes of Season 4/Episode 15: Family Reunion and Farewell

Total viewing time is approximately just under six hours by skipping all episodes ending credits.
Holy crap. Would have been quicker to just watch them!
:muttley:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe but I think some of the other recommended episodes in the articles do not reflect Ahsoka's importance as one of the greatest Jedi in Star Wars' canon. Plus, it was fun experiencing it all again. :)
I appreciate your efforts very much and I will be trying to reference those episodes if I get the opportunity.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Rom: Space Knight officially returns to Marvel Comics after nearly 40 years​

j6ypEDSX474LXUMV8kCtpi-970-80.jpg.webp

After decades of demand by fans, Rom: Space Knight is returning to Marvel Comics - at least for reprints of the character's classic Marvel title of the '70s and '80s.

Based on a Hasbro toyline, Marvel's Rom comics incorporated the sci-fi hero into the Marvel Universe proper, including appearances by the character in other heroes' titles which themselves have yet to be reprinted.

https://www.gamesradar.com/rom-spac...turns-to-marvel-comics-after-nearly-40-years/